IGNORED

Cheap Shot From Brfc Officials

truefan

Have they still got a team?

Is that the same lot that were moving to Cheltenham? Whatever happened there? I suppose it makes sense to give away tickets to watch the likes of Hartlepool, doesn't it?

They used to bother me, but they're so far away from our standard now I'd forgotten that they still existed, to be honest.

I imagine if BCFC chose to list all the charitable donations they've made and causes they've helped they'd have a far longer list than the sags.

Besides, it's hardly surprising the blue few are willing to give away tickets, their shed is half empty most games. Ours won't be.

Have they still got a team?

Is that the same lot that were moving to Cheltenham? Whatever happened there? I suppose it makes sense to give away tickets to watch the likes of Hartlepool, doesn't it?

They used to bother me, but they're so far away from our standard now I'd forgotten that they still existed, to be honest.

And that is why the officials of the Sags are grasping at straws.

It is a shame that we did not donate but to use a charity to point score is pretty much from the gutter imo.

Still they don't treat their own fans or ex officials with much respect either.

To be fair to City they do get loads of requests for donations from various sources and to respond to them all would be prohibitively expensive.

That said - a letter to that effect would have been good practice and perhaps avoided a thread like this one.

but it wouldn't of hurt to give just a little token, a signed ball or something.

But how many signed footballs or something have City already donated to charity? You've got to draw the line somewhere. :dunno:

Have the bitter blues had their glamour friendly yet? surprised not to have heard anything, who ever it is must be massive to delay moving grounds for.

The club make a point of not donating to charitable causes other than their nominated charity for that year. All businesses receive countless requests for donations and a football club no doubt gets many many more times that. All thos saying we should have donated something.... Why? Is it a registered Charity or a Nursing home? As said it would be impossible to donate to all requests it would cost tens of thousands of pounds per annum. Get real.

:ph34r:

Wow I never ment for this to be used as a official message on the main website.

Yes we were very disappointed that Bristol City could not donate anything I went down several routes looking for a way to gain a donation for our care home but to no avial. However I did say that I understood why they could not.

As Rovers did come up with this I thought it was only right that I did thank them on their forum....

Wow is all I can say and sorry I guess. I never at any point gave the club the blessing to use this in a official way.

(Goes to change screen name :laugh: )

:ph34r:

Wow I never ment for this to be used as a official message on the main website.

Yes we were very disappointed that Bristol City could not donate anything I went down several routes looking for a way to gain a donation for our care home but to no avial. However I did say that I understood why they could not.

As Rovers did come up with this I thought it was only right that I did thank them on their forum....

Wow is all I can say and sorry I guess. I never at any point gave the club the blessing to use this in a official way.

(Goes to change screen name :laugh: )

You should know better than to give them pikey scumbags an inch, not surprisingly they've taken a mile and actually used your post of thanks against your own club.

Not to mention how sad to take a post from a forum and use it as an offical story without as much as a word to the writer of the post. Sums up how small time Rovers are.

Yes we were very disappointed that Bristol City could not donate anything I went down several routes looking for a way to gain a donation for our care home but to no avial.

DId you actually write them a letter on headed paper from a registered charity as it says on the official website and if so what was the reply?

I wouldn't worry about it, it's bloody hilarious that Rovers think their willingness to give away two tickets nobody wanted is one in the eye for us.

DId you actually write them a letter on headed paper from a registered charity as it says on the official website and if so what was the reply?

I wouldn't worry about it, it's bloody hilarious that Rovers think their willingness to give away two tickets nobody wanted is one in the eye for us.

No because first of all I wanted to speak to them on the phone but they basically said that they would not be able to we are not a charity based organization for a start however any money fro our residents does need to be raised its a complicated situation and thats why I understood City not giving the same for Bristol Rugby though the Cricket club and a few other places (local companies) have made donations so we are quite happy anyway i was just gutted as a fan that my club were not involved.

No because first of all I wanted to speak to them on the phone but they basically said that they would not be able to we are not a charity based organization for a start however any money fro our residents does need to be raised its a complicated situation and thats why I understood City not giving the same for Bristol Rugby though the Cricket club and a few other places (local companies) have made donations so we are quite happy anyway i was just gutted as a fan that my club were not involved.

Fair enough, I just don't think it's that unreasonable for the club to limit donations to registered charities only considering the amount of requests they must get. I guess it's not as much of a problem for Rovers where there are only half a dozen people in Bristol who'd be interested in tickets or signed merchandise. Good luck with the fund raising.

Just as a further note, that means that Rovers have actually had to tell porkies to get their jollies as well.

"The fan, known on the forum as Langsmead, wrote to both Bristol clubs asking for a donation and only Rovers responded to the request."

Not true is it? Very sad for them indeed, can't even get a basic bit of gloating right.

Well now they have an excuse for when they get crushed by Hereford at the Mem. You can just picture trollope after the game.

"The lads at Hereford are struggling, and since we're already relegated, we thought it would be a nice gesture to donate the three points to them. An act of kindness Bristol City have never carried out".

Archived