IGNORED

First Day Rituals

Nogbad the Bad

I read of a City fan who has a ritual of talking to his garden gnome every first day of the season to bring City luck. :noexpression:

Not for good luck, but I always start the season by playing "Red Red Robin" by Sh@g Connors and The Carrot Crunchers at full volume.

About mid day should do it, listen out for it if you're in the Southville area. :city:

I stuck me head out the window, but all I got was rained on. :D

going to put me shirt on in a bit even though I'm not going.

Ah well, I've played it 4x now Dolly and I couldn't hear you joining in from Clifton. :no::sub:

On to the B side now, "There'll always be a Bristol (City)" and "Glory, Glory Bristol City."

Join in with the :chant6ez: "CITY", "CITY", "CITY" :chant6ez: crowd chanting at the end.

COME ON YOU REDS

Ah well, I've played it 4x now Dolly and I couldn't hear you joining in from Clifton. :no::sub:

On to the B side now, "There'll always be a Bristol (City)" and "Glory, Glory Bristol City."

Join in with the :chant6ez: "CITY", "CITY", "CITY" :chant6ez: crowd chanting at the end.

COME ON YOU REDS

Is that one of the old 78s noggers?? :whistle2:

Its not surprising that I slip back into matchday routine without any rituals - after all the footie season has been a huge part of my life ever since I started playing competively aged about 12.

Got up this morning having planned the day just I would on any other matchday when City are away and I'm not going. Will listen to the match on Radio Bristol with Sky Sports news on mute in the background.

The boys got up this morning and all put their City shirts on, that got me nervous and this morning is taking ages to pass. Roll on 3pm.

I will get BCFC World ready at 2.30 so that it kicks in before kick off, and will then be on the match thread on here. Will put my City shirt on, put the flag up somewhere and have my forza eastened scarf at hand ready to swing round my head when we score! Always the same when I cant make a game.

Really wish we were home today, but will have to wait until next week. The EE will be buzzing!

Is it 3pm yet??? :noexpression: :tumbleweed:

Anyone lighting a candle today?? Or was that a last season thing???

Is that one of the old 78s noggers?? :whistle2:

It's a 45 Robins, :redcard: :tongue: released in '82 to raise funds for the club in it's darkest hour.

Mind you my signed copy was given to me by my driving instructor who knew the group. :whistle:

Archived