IGNORED

Blackpool Pitch Invasion / Old Bill

PhatWill

I'd just like to say (for a change) how good the policing was at Blackpool today.

A very low key prescence both around the ground and also in the pubs ie The Manchester. It makes such a change from being herded around like cattle in the Midlands or in London.

Also they didn't over react when there was a minor pitch invasion after Brooker scored.

The advertising hoardings at the front couldn't hold the weight of City fans pushing against them and with Brooks running right in front of us obviously there was some over excitement.

But fair play the police didn't go in randomly nicking fans and I thought it was dealt with well.

Hope all the lads out in Blackpool now are having a good night!

I'd just like to say (for a change) how good the policing was at Blackpool today.

A very low key prescence both around the ground and also in the pubs ie The Manchester. It makes such a change from being herded around like cattle in the Midlands or in London.

Also they didn't over react when there was a minor pitch invasion after Brooker scored.

The advertising hoardings at the front couldn't hold the weight of City fans pushing against them and with Brooks running right in front of us obviously there was some over excitement.

But fair play the police didn't go in randomly nicking fans and I thought it was dealt with well.

Good to hear. We are always quick to fault the final-salary pension assult crew, might be worth an e-mail to the man at the top praising them.

i got shoved over the bill boards anyone see the steward come out of it worse though was treated by a st johns medical assistant she was

They were alright outside the ground as well. I've found that before up there too.

Dealing with holiday crowds and stag do's all year round probably brings a bit of sense to the policing from experience.

Anyone see the steward asleep during the game????

Not the one knocked over but the big 'un a bit further along.

Did anyone else have any inflatables, Beachwear accessories etc taken off of them by the Police prior to entry to the stadium? When I asked why they were taking them away they said because the Blackpool fans' may find it offensive. If any A&S police read this I become very offended by the sight and sounds of away teams drums so could you ensure it is taken away from them when they visit AG as I will become offended by it.

Did anyone else have any inflatables, Beachwear accessories etc taken off of them by the Police prior to entry to the stadium? When I asked why they were taking them away they said because the Blackpool fans' may find it offensive. If any A&S police read this I become very offended by the sight and sounds of away teams drums so could you ensure it is taken away from them when they visit AG as I will become offended by it.

My old man had a massive great umbrella that I was sure was going to get taken off him but they allowed all those in.

I'm a bit bemused what rules are these days for what you can take in or out?

Does the drummer come to Ashton Gate? I can't remember.

I have to say, I'd hate to be sat next to him but it adds to the home crowd atmosphere for them I thought.

Yes and he is ######* annoying. didnt even really play a tune just kept banging it :noexpression:
Did exactly the same at AG. Doesn't play to any tune just bangs it for the sake of it. Fair play to there fans' though, They got a shit ground which mustn't be any good for acoustics but they made some good noise at times.

Well this my three penneth

Took me ages to locate where the TWO drummers were located

Top right hand corner as we looked at the stand

Reference being "interviewed" one city fan before we scored

told the linesman on our side of the pitch

what he thought of him which he richly desrved

and the old bill said "come with me" and lets take some movie film of you

The camera unit was a bit slow off the mark when we scored

they started filming after we had scored and the camera unit

was at the blackpool end of the ground

That's a new scenario from our Police "come with me" and we'll make a blockbuster Hollywood epic - at taxpayers' expense obviously. :icecream:

NO COMMENT - THE DEFENDANT'S GUIDE TO ARREST - When you have been arrested. Wise up you Redzz by reading the information in the link below......

http://www.schnews.org.uk/diyguide/defenda...idetoarrest.htm

On the Championship this morning all you could see was Brooks high-fiving a fan, they didn't wait to show the 20-30 or so that went on.

I saw the goal on Sky Sports News a short while ago and they showed the 'group hug' with the players and fans that spilled on to the pitch.

Cue the EP headlines Monday then; "City hooligans invade pitch and bring terror to a seaside resort after an undeserved City win" etc........
With the winner coming from Steve Brooker who spent time in Prison along with Bradley Orr.

Reference being "interviewed" one city fan before we scored

told the linesman on our side of the pitch

what he thought of him which he richly desrved

Yes, thought I might be getting ejected at this point, as I'd earlier received a warning for 'following' the linesman! All in jest of course, but I'd forgotten that it's very hard to have any fun at the football these days!

Managed to talk my way out of it though and so was fortunate to see Brookers winner. :dancing6:

Said this before elsewhere towards the end of last season on another topic .

Police in the north west seem to have a more relaxed attitude towards certain events both before , during and after a game .

Went to the Blackpool , Preston and Burnley games last season and from what I saw and heard they were low profile .

Hope the West Midland bully boys are watching....

Yes, thought I might be getting ejected at this point, as I'd earlier received a warning for 'following' the linesman! All in jest of course, but I'd forgotten that it's very hard to have any fun at the football these days!

Managed to talk my way out of it though and so was fortunate to see Brookers winner. :dancing6:

I personally would have thrown you out!!!! :laugh:

I think i congtaulated you on your amazing 'following the linesman' stunt Harold however i think you should have been ejected for your behaviour in the nightclub on Saturday night and afterwards at the hotel. Although Mr Lewis was just as bad as you. Shame on you both for your poor performances, you let BS3 down.

Remember - BS3 - Not just a postcode, It's a way of life !!!

They were alright outside the ground as well. I've found that before up there too.

Dealing with holiday crowds and stag do's all year round probably brings a bit of sense to the policing from experience.

Anyone see the steward asleep during the game????

Not the one knocked over but the big 'un a bit further along.

Yup, I ran down to wake the sleeping steward during the game and lifted her head towards the city fans, what's the point in having a sleeping steward?

Great invasion at the end although best not make a habit of it and blame it on the hoardings for not keeping us back

3 points and great support, get in there!

Yea to right the old bill were spot on and really friendly, we got in the Manchester pub for opening and on route one copper said you Bristol boy's are keen for a pint, Just a shame we drank them dry of weston's organic Zider though hehe. also well done to the DJ for downloading a few wurzles songs to play to us all, I would like to find any one who can tell me of a better place to go for an away game ( weekend ) ok the grounds crap. But what fun stood all game, secruity gards were Human for a change, even let one fella back in after they were going to kick him out. I'm a fair few ton down in the wallet but whata weekend, the pleasure beach was a right laugh on sunday with all the City fan's about. Ohh and Ricky Hatton turning up

My old man had a massive great umbrella that I was sure was going to get taken off him but they allowed all those in.

I'm a bit bemused what rules are these days for what you can take in or out?

Does the drummer come to Ashton Gate? I can't remember.

I have to say, I'd hate to be sat next to him but it adds to the home crowd atmosphere for them I thought.

yh thier drummer usually does come down the gate

With the winner coming from Steve Brooker who spent time in Prison along with Bradley Orr.

My dream Bristol Evening Post headline and newstory would be:

Bristol gets corruption crackdown Red Goblin style

The bouncers, corrupt Police and Crown Prosecution lawyers that got our players banged up have at last got their comeuppance. Today saw the birching - to cheering crowds - on Bristol centre of those responsible for the most blatantly corrupt court case in Bristol's recent history. The bouncers that kicked Dave Partridge's ear off were first up for the birch then the toff Crown Prosecution Service lawyers were heard braying in their public school boy accents as they felt the full force of the lash. They will now be transported from Avonmouth docks to frozen Siberia to 'enjoy' a 10 year stay in a former Soviet Gulag at -40 degrees average winter temperature. :winner_third_h4h:

I think i congtaulated you on your amazing 'following the linesman' stunt Harold however i think you should have been ejected for your behaviour in the nightclub on Saturday night and afterwards at the hotel. Although Mr Lewis was just as bad as you. Shame on you both for your poor performances, you let BS3 down.

Remember - BS3 - Not just a postcode, It's a way of life !!!

Ha ha, stuff of legends mate. What a cracking night!! :tounge:

Archived