IGNORED

New Smart Card System

myol'man

It wouldn't let me in, along with various others! I'd bought my ticket on line today, I was told on line that the seat I have bought for the season, and all other seats in that block were taken so I was allocated a seat in a different block, fair enough I thought, I've booked late because I didn't think I would be able to make the game. Lo and behold after eventually getting into the game... the block I normally sit in was half empty and so was my regular seat!!

I thought it was very slick and professional kudos to BCFC for installing it before many others follow suit.

you obviously weren't one ofthe hundered or so still outside at kick-off then?

I bought my ticket at 9am this morning online. Card wouldn't let me in at turnstile, guy refers to pda, sends me to ticket office, huge queues, with 3 windows open. 20 min wait in queue gets me to the front where woman tells me my card should be credited with game? i tell her it isn't having been to gate already, she says it is, i say it isn't etc....and so on. eventually, my ticket is found in an envelope marked for collection.

Bearing in mind, this happend to me at the antwerp game too....i'm gonna have to spend more time and money on the phone tomorrow, ensuring my membership has been updated. There was plenty of people in the same boat.

Shame really, let's hope these glitches are ironed out in time for saturday. :)

I bought my two over the phone plus one extra for my daughters friend.

Friends ticket not at ticket office to collect so they had to re-print, not a problem but it took about 5 minutes.

Then my daughters ST flashed up red when we went in.

Me and her friend had already gone in and they wouldn`t let me out to help my daughter who had been told to go to the ticket office on her own. (she`s 14).

She looked terrified at the thought and eventualy they let her in though the gate after i had convinced the steward that her ticket had been bought.

Guest ashtonyate

With this Finger sensor will it allow only the person who bought the ticket in or will it allow guest of the st holder in if they cannot go to the game??

Not quite on the same subject but didnt want to start another topic. Last night & not for the first time none of the stewards had a clue what the ticket arrangments were. I made a last minute decision to go down, I took a couple of mates (non city fans) so they sat in the away end and me and a couple of my city mates sat in the east end. 4 different stewards told me 4 different things about getting eastend tickets. One said it was pay on the gate, one told me it was the dolman ticket office, one said we could get tickets and one eventually told me it was "the wendy house".

Some of the stewards down there, both inside and outside of the ground are nothing short of a joke.

For the Antwerp game I purchased a ticket fo the Dolman, my season ticket is in the EE and several mates incorrectly told me I could use the Smartcard for another stand. So I proceeded to the turnstile and put my ticket in the slot, (oo'er) and it flashed red. The steward looked at the ticket and said the printer hasn't printer all the barcode clear enough for the system to rwad it and he let me through after a few minutes deliberation.

Last night I used my EE smartcard to get in the Dolman....sweet as a nut no problems....other did have problems though.

MM

what do you think of it so far?

any hiccups to report?

I like the system and I think it's a step in the right direction, however I do have one quibble.

I sit in just to the left of the tunnel in the Atyeo, and I always enter the Ashton Gate vicinity where the club shop is.

Unfortunately I cannot get into the Atyeo unless I walk all the way down to one of the first 4 turnstiles(the Dolman end) and then I have to walk over halfway back through the Atyeo to get to my seat.

I know it sounds petty, but it was pouring down with rain when I came out the club shop and then I had to make my way all the way along the back of the Atyeo to gain entry when I could have just used the turnstyle next to the club shop.

Surely it would make sense to allow us enter the stand wherever we want?

(I won't even start about not being allowed to enter through my "lucky" turnstyle)

Guest believe
Not quite on the same subject but didnt want to start another topic. Last night & not for the first time none of the stewards had a clue what the ticket arrangments were. I made a last minute decision to go down, I took a couple of mates (non city fans) so they sat in the away end and me and a couple of my city mates sat in the east end. 4 different stewards told me 4 different things about getting eastend tickets. One said it was pay on the gate, one told me it was the dolman ticket office, one said we could get tickets and one eventually told me it was "the wendy house".

Some of the stewards down there, both inside and outside of the ground are nothing short of a joke.

Hence why they're only stewards and not investment bankers...

:grr:

I've done stewarding for sports events before and all I can say is that the amount of preparation you get is seriously woeful - my best suggestion whenever you go to any event is to quickly look around and work out the best exit in the case of an emergency, as I promise you the stewards will act like headless chickens if anything serious happened.

I felt so uncomfortable at major events that I just stopped doing it.

Archived