IGNORED

Technology, Bristol City, And

NickJ

stewarding in the dolman was shambolic. i was warned once, and stared at by a big ugly bugger for ages, then at halftime his mate came and told me i would be kicked out for persistent standing as i had been warned at least 5 times! kicked out by your own stewards in a game against peterborough. i sit at the back, very back row. my seat is broke and has been since the QPR home game last season, it is more dangerous for me to be sat down than stood up!

the guy in charge of the stewards in the dolman seems to be a nice fella, i don't understand why the other stewards have to be such miserable bastards. i don't pay money to be repeatedly interupted by idiots in shiny jackets.

on the topic if the new smartcards, i thnk they are quite good

once everyone gets used to it, it will be fine

Some bald headed #### threatened to throw me out too!

Sat in A block, Row ZC and they still continue to ask you to sit.

Waaaaaaankerrrs!

Some bald headed #### threatened to throw me out too!

Sat in A block, Row ZC and they still continue to ask you to sit.

Waaaaaaankerrrs!

Of course they are going to continue to tell you to sit its the rules.

If everyone moans on here but doesn't actually do anything about it then what's the point?

Write to the FLA, the FA, the football league, your MP, the club.

But i suppose for everyone on here, its easier to moan on a forum than it is to do something about it.

If everyone moans on here but doesn't actually do anything about it then what's the point?

But i suppose for everyone on here, its easier to moan on a forum than it is to do something about it.

Actually i have written to the club about it last season and got no response.

The club cannot do much, there hands are tied by the government.

All they can do is accept that fans may which to stand, writing to the FLA, FA etc would be more productive.

Yes i know and appreciate that the club can't do anything but still not responding isn't great tbh. The greater pressure that we put on them the more likely we are to have safe standing in english grounds. The sooner a club comes out in favour of it i'm sure more will follow just no-one has the balls to be the first. Writing to the FLA and FA just gets responded to with the same b***ocks about hillsborough :disapointed2se:

stewarding in the dolman was shambolic. i was warned once, and stared at by a big ugly bugger for ages, then at halftime his mate came and told me i would be kicked out for persistent standing as i had been warned at least 5 times! kicked out by your own stewards in a game against peterborough. i sit at the back, very back row. my seat is broke and has been since the QPR home game last season, it is more dangerous for me to be sat down than stood up!

the guy in charge of the stewards in the dolman seems to be a nice fella, i don't understand why the other stewards have to be such miserable bastards. i don't pay money to be repeatedly interupted by idiots in shiny jackets.

on the topic if the new smartcards, i thnk they are quite good

once everyone gets used to it, it will be fine

Is that a squeaky voiced little bald chap, if so, then he must have had a change of heart over the summer. He was patrolling the lower tiers of the Dolman last season. Mainly the N block. And ever since the Sheff Utd home game all they went on about was persistant standing. Bring back terracing! :winner_third_h4h:

One issue I have especially durng the bigger games. I am a member I like to sit in the Atteo stand but quite far back as I have a mate back there who I have a beer before the game and chat with him at half time. If I get an online ticket it books me into the the very front row which is a crap view but at least you get a email confirmation. But as I don't want to sit on the front row I ring the ticket line and am able to sit a bit further back. When I booked my ticket for the Birmingham and Plymouth game via the ticket hotline I was told to remember my seat row and number. What happens if I forget my number. What happens if their is someone else sitting in my seat when I get there how can I prove its my seat?

Of Course they will ask you to sit down but EE didnt listen so they buggered off to the other stands. I think that some of the stewards must have been new and full of self importance thinking that maybe once they have that jacket on they have the power of the police.

I understand why we shouldnt stand but you must also recognise that mostly a blind eye is turned to standing when it suits them. If the FA were to complain which they havent as yet then i think it may have to be addressed.

Until then if you wanna stand then you have to stick together or move to EE.

The club do have to make an effort to make the fans sit but coming up to a fan at half time to tell he is going to get booted out if he doesnt sit down is wrong and the stewards would do well to remeber who pays their wages. Harrasment of fans is not acceptable if i wanted to get harrased i would have stayed at home with the wife!!!!!!

Stewards were over zealous last nite and itching to throw people out who have paid good money to get in. It wouldnt supprise me if they had a sweepstake on who could get someone out first this season.

• Admin
One issue I have especially durng the bigger games. I am a member I like to sit in the Atteo stand but quite far back as I have a mate back there who I have a beer before the game and chat with him at half time. If I get an online ticket it books me into the the very front row which is a crap view but at least you get a email confirmation. But as I don't want to sit on the front row I ring the ticket line and am able to sit a bit further back. When I booked my ticket for the Birmingham and Plymouth game via the ticket hotline I was told to remember my seat row and number. What happens if I forget my number. What happens if their is someone else sitting in my seat when I get there how can I prove its my seat?

Re: Online Ticketing giving you a front row seat....

Choose the block you want.

Add 1 seat

Add another seat.

Add another seat.

etc.

etc.

Find a seat you are happy with.

Remove the rest from your basket.

Voila, job done.

Not ideal but has worked for me in the past.....just can't book too early as all the seats are available.

etc.

I had to do the same thing as you Madger when I wanted to book some tickets for friends. They gave me the right row but at the wrong end, so I kept adding more and more seats and then it gave me the seats I wanted and then I deleted all the others.

I was getting slightly worried when my basket was up to nearly £400 for just 2 tickets.....

Re: Online Ticketing giving you a front row seat....

Choose the block you want.

Add 1 seat

Add another seat.

Add another seat.

etc.

etc.

Find a seat you are happy with.

Remove the rest from your basket.

Voila, job done.

Not ideal but has worked for me in the past.....just can't book too early as all the seats are available.

etc.

I will do this next time hopefully I wont get a bill for £400(joke). don't think its to clever not to have a confirmation of a seat number if you ring up though.

Archived