IGNORED

Fickle Fans?

danwilde

Did anyone watch Soccer Special on Sky Sports last night, when posh scored the guy commenting on the game (cant remember name) said that he could not believe the crowd were booing after last seasons success and it being the first game of the season. He then said they must be fickle fans down at city and Holloway (who was also commentating) agreed with him! So do City have more fickle fans than other teams? Shoudl we be allowed to boo, even after going 1-0 down after 15 mins? Where has last seasons "Gary Johnson says get behind the team" chant gone?

Did anyone watch Soccer Special on Sky Sports last night, when posh scored the guy commenting on the game (cant remember name) said that he could not believe the crowd were booing after last seasons success and it being the first game of the season. He then said they must be fickle fans down at city and Holloway (who was also commentating) agreed with him! So do City have more fickle fans than other teams? Shoudl we be allowed to boo, even after going 1-0 down after 15 mins? Where has last seasons "Gary Johnson says get behind the team" chant gone?

Must have missed that then, i didnt hear any booing.

Just a moment of silence before the usual encouraging cheer as the restart happens.

There will always be the odd one or two to boo, but definitely not the vast majority. I'm pleased to say those days seem to be well behind us, unless we are utterly dyer, which doesnt happen too often now under GJ.

I might even suggest that there is a small of gas in the air, trying to unsteady the boat here!

I don't remember hearing any booing - in fact as City re-formed for the kick-off after conceding there was a round of cheering as the fans tried to lift the players.

Wait till Saturday my friend.... when the gate is full. judge after that!

I didn't hear any booing last night, i can only assume you didn't go down if your were watching it on soccer special. In fact i did hear 'get behind the team' being sang in the ateyo after the goal.

We don't have an especially fickle fan base, not now we're in this league. In fact, i'd say our tollerance and support has increased during the GJ reign...

Must have missed that then, i didnt hear any booing.

Just a moment of silence before the usual encouraging cheer as the restart happens.

There will always be the odd one or two to boo, but definitely not the vast majority. I'm pleased to say those days seem to be well behind us, unless we are utterly dyer, which doesnt happen too often now under GJ.

I might even suggest that there is a small of gas in the air, trying to unsteady the boat here!

Its true I promise! I was watching Soccer Special all night and the guy in the studio watching the City game said there was booing after posh scored and said the fans must be fickle!

Its true I promise! I was watching Soccer Special all night and the guy in the studio watching the City game said there was booing after posh scored and said the fans must be fickle!

Well i went to the game, all night, and there was not any booing.

Simple really.

I didn't hear any booing last night, i can only assume you didn't go down if your were watching it on soccer special. In fact i did hear 'get behind the team' being sang in the ateyo after the goal.

We don't have an especially fickle fan base, not now we're in this league. In fact, i'd say our tollerance and support has increased during the GJ reign...

No I wasnt there, couldnt afford to go down so did the next best thign which was watching Soccer Special. My girlfriend commented that they don't like City on here do they! Somebody else must have heard it! To get things straight, I'm not sayign City fans are fickle so don't shoot the messenger, but this is what was said on Sky Sports! So if there was no booing, then the guy commentating was making it up whcih is a touch unprofessional. Tried to find out his name but no luck, anyone know?

No I wasnt there, couldnt afford to go down so did the next best thign which was watching Soccer Special. My girlfriend commented that they don't like City on here do they! Somebody else must have heard it! To get things straight, I'm not sayign City fans are fickle so don't shoot the messenger, but this is what was said on Sky Sports! So if there was no booing, then the guy commentating was making it up whcih is a touch unprofessional. Tried to find out his name but no luck, anyone know?

The idiot that made that comment was Tony Gale

The idiot that made that comment was Tony Gale

Thank you!! Was driving me mad tryign to find out his name. So if there was no booing at the ground then Tony Gale said there was, purely so he could say to Holloway "those City fans are fickle" and get a laugh! Not being funny but its a bit sh*t if pundits are sayign things like that and giving the fans a reputation of being fickle when thats not the case! Tony Gale, you are a lier and a fraud!

I agree with the gaffer. think the fickle fans tag is something that was left over from the previous dare i say it twenty years or so! when lets face it we have turned out some dross, and you couldnt blame people picking and choosing there games.

Season tickets didnt cover last night then i take it, maybe next year then ...........

Holloway giving it the big un, amyone remmember him being chased off the pitch, wonder why with stupid comments like that.

Guest pepsi&shirley

I heard that..He also mentioned how many ugly people were behind each goal and saying there looked to be too many fingers in the ground for so many few people... :tumbleweed:

The only booing was of the peterborough players who decided to run right into the corner between atyeo and dolman 2 celebrate (rub it in).

Then a big roar of encourage 2 the city team when we were kicking off again? the only fighting that happened was two blokes shouting at each other over lee johnson, v.strange went on for a good 5 mins!!

To be fair I think Tony Gale is normally pretty good. He does actually know a lot about football outside of the Prem unlike alot of the others.

Yeh I think him and Alan Walsh are the pick of the bunch when it comes to talking sense.

They of course finish 2nd and 3rd respectively behind the daddy, Ray Wilkins.

"I'm sorry to all the kids watching at home, but if a player spits in your face, you lamp him one''.

I suspect the predictable moany old #### in the Williams started moaning, and it was picked up in the press box. Being a low crowd their moans were probably more audible than normal.

Well, from one who was sat in my usual seat in the Williams, there was no booing ( which probably upsets an eloquent person like youself, who seems to enjoy forever moaning about the Williams stand). there were comments after LJ's 14th misplaced pass, which is nothing new.

you pick were you want to sit (if you ever go), and leave others to choose where they prefer to sit without feeling the need to pass judgement on them

:disapointed2se:

Well, from one who was sat in my usual seat in the Williams, there was no booing ( which probably upsets an eloquent person like youself, who seems to enjoy forever moaning about the Williams stand). there were comments after LJ's 14th misplaced pass, which is nothing new.

you pick were you want to sit (if you ever go), and leave others to choose where they prefer to sit without feeling the need to pass judgement on them

:disapointed2se:

Pipe down, I've sat in the Williams for years.

In future know what your talking about or stay quiet.

I heard it to Dan, I was watching the special on SSN. It was Tony Gale who was watching and commenting on the game. Didn't hear Hollohead agree though

I heard that..He also mentioned how many ugly people were behind each goal and saying there looked to be too many fingers in the ground for so many few people... :tumbleweed:

Is that actually a real quote ? Cos I'm not even FROM the West Country and that makes me ######ing angry... Who was it who said it ?

I don't remember hearing any booing - in fact as City re-formed for the kick-off after conceding there was a round of cheering as the fans tried to lift the players.

I heard him say it and was a bit angry that we were doing it. Yeah we played bad but we should of been singing come on city and we always believe not boos. Sat will be different and if anyone boos where i sit they will get a piece of my bad mouth.

Alright Dan! Adam here (you should know which one unless your username is very misleading!)

I think Tony Gale was just hearing what he wanted to hear. Probably a bit of disquiet amongst the City faithful at being 0-1 down to Peterboro but, from what I've been told, I severely doubt booing.

Anyway, with Brooker scoring late goals for us there's no need to panic!

Archived