IGNORED

New Signings

internetjef

Johnson has today said on the offical site, that any new signings are unlikely, but never say never....

personally I find that disapointing

I would agree.I also find it hard to understand.Gj seems to want to do it all the hard way.Last season when we needed a boost to the goal scoring , we took no action now when midfield seems light we again are doing nothing.But GJ knows a lot more than me and however hard , at times ,we must trust him.

Gary Johnson hasnt really made any bad signings so far. many people will say trundle but when we needed him he showed us what he can do

i think :fingerscrossed: that maynard is what we need i think he can do it with ade or brooks or even truns upfront but still id like to see another winger in or even start using sproule on the right because he doesnt seem to be getting many matches instead were using central players out on the wings (not working)

What I'm worried about is if Johnson gets injured who is the current squad will replace him. Williams - Hasnt played in the Centre for us yet. Skuse when Elliot is back fit - No. Noble - Johnson hasn't played him their for over 2 years!! Another playmaking centre midfield and covering defender (year loan) would be great. Job done

[/quote

Noble was our best center midfielder before LJ was signed. Since then, Noble has not been given a chance back in his best position. Williams also is unlikely to get a chance in center midfield. IMO, both Noble and Williams would offer more going forward than LJ, who at best is a 90 minute team man. Certainly over a season LJ does not affect a game and last season scored 1 goal in 41 starts. Elliot deserves a better more solid midfield companion. Right now we have 2 average [skuse &LJ ] with technically good [ Noble ] and Artus back from loan injured.

We can make do with what we have, however I would prefer to buy a strong/scoring center midfielder or at least give Noble/Williams a chance.

Johnson has today said on the offical site, that any new signings are unlikely, but never say never....

personally I find that disapointing

Just read the OS and from how I read it, it doesnt exactly say there will be no signings. More like, they have an eye on a couple but nothings moving forward fast. Also, it sounds as though players agents are touting their players to us but Johnson doesnt rate any of them.

Personally, I don't think we'll see any new faces which I find dissapointing because as good as I think this bunch of players are, I don't think their quite good enough to mount a serious challenge.

Noble was our best center midfielder before LJ was signed. Since then, Noble has not been given a chance back in his best position. Williams also is unlikely to get a chance in center midfield. IMO, both Noble and Williams would offer more going forward than LJ, who at best is a 90 minute team man. Certainly over a season LJ does not affect a game and last season scored 1 goal in 41 starts. Elliot deserves a better more solid midfield companion. Right now we have 2 average [skuse &LJ ] with technically good [ Noble ] and Artus back from loan injured.

We can make do with what we have, however I would prefer to buy a strong/scoring center midfielder or at least give Noble/Williams a chance.

that's why LJ was signed though, because Noble was the best we had in Midfield and quite simply to push up to the championship he was never going to be good enough to play that position on a regular basis as quite simply he doesn't keep himself fit enough to play majority of the 46 league games for 90mins, he's a

personally I'm amazed he is still at the club, let alone get a new contract, if after the Hull game, people would have asked which 2 would you keep out of Carle, LJ and Noble, 95% of people would have probably kept LJ and Carle and let Noble leave.

Noble who is play who likes the big occasion and likes the glory, but over the course of a 46game season, Johnson would get my vote any day of the week.

I fully support GJ and believe he is one of the best managers around, my only concern is that BCFC seem 2 at times lack real ambition.

I think last seasons when we didnt sign 1 or 2 on loan to get us up like Hull and Stoke did was a poor shout. :disapointed2se:

I fully understand we signed Maynard for a record £2.25M but when you consider we played to full houses near the end of last season and got to the play off final therefore generating alot more revenue, have we really spent that much. We have also released enough players to cover maynard wages, we also made money from carle deal.

I am dissapionted we havent signed 2 more player which are better than we have.

Archived