IGNORED

Heavy Rain Forecast For Sat...

SimplyRed

With the eagerly awaited 1st home league game against the Rams on Sat, the forecast is for heavy rain.

I'm not a big lover of footie in heavy downpours so I think the game might be a bit of an anti climax. It's also possible the attendance might be affected, I suppose.

As an added thought, can you imagine what it will be like if they have problems at the turnstiles if it's pouring with rain?

Anyone else have similar thoughts? :noexpression:

With the eagerly awaited 1st home league game against the Rams on Sat, the forecast is for heavy rain.

I'm not a big lover of footie in heavy downpours so I think the game might be a bit of an anti climax. It's also possible the attendance might be affected, I suppose.

As an added thought, can you imagine what it will be like if they have problems at the turnstiles if it's pouring with rain?

Anyone else have similar thoughts? :noexpression:

To be honest I only time I worry about the weather forcast is when heavy frost is expected - that and thick fog are when games are more likely to be postponed. AG drains very well and I can't recall the last ime a game was called off because of a waterlogged pitch.

With 14000 odd ST ticket holders I doubt if the attendence will be affected - if fact I expect a near full house as Derby will bring a large following.

As for queueing in the rain - whats new? :noexpression:

To be honest I only time I worry about the weather forcast is when heavy frost is expected - that and thick fog are when games are more likely to be postponed. AG drains very well and I can't recall the last ime a game was called off because of a waterlogged pitch.

With 14000 odd ST ticket holders I doubt if the attendence will be affected - if fact I expect a near full house as Derby will bring a large following.

As for queueing in the rain - whats new? :noexpression:

I guess I was thinking more along the lines that:

• The game as a footballing spectacle would be spoiled by the rain, rather than worries about waterlogging/postponement
  • The chances of getting a full house would be impaired by the rain
  • Tempers and patience wearing a little thin in the queues if everyone is getting wet because of the technology

I guess I was thinking more along the lines that:

• The game as a footballing spectacle would be spoiled by the rain, rather than worries about waterlogging/postponement
  • The chances of getting a full house would be impaired by the rain
  • Tempers and patience wearing a little thin in the queues if everyone is getting wet because of the technology

Hopefully the game will not be negatively effected by the weather conditions. In fact some games are more entertaining when the pitch is heavy.

Regardless of the weather some supporters will complain about the new system come what may - even if it works perfectly. The turnstyle I used worked fine on Tuesday night so hopefully there won't be any frayed tempers.

Well, I don't know if anyone noticed, but last season we never played particularly well when it was peeing it down, especially in the last 10 games.

I always think that the weather does have an influence on the quality of the game, but it is the same for both sides.

I don't actually think wet conditions suits our game either and the players we have in the squad don't adapt as well to the conditions. The team in general prefer to play in dry and warm conditions and this is when I've seen the team perform the best.

The weather conditions will only keep away the "fair weather" supporters. Excuse the pun.

Well, I don't know if anyone noticed, but last season we never played particularly well when it was peeing it down, especially in the last 10 games.

I always think that the weather does have an influence on the quality of the game, but it is the same for both sides.

I don't actually think wet conditions suits our game either and the players we have in the squad don't adapt as well to the conditions. The team in general prefer to play in dry and warm conditions and this is when I've seen the team perform the best.

I'm inclined to agree. I suspected one reason why Noble and Trundle weren't in the 16 at Blackpool was because the conditions didn't suit them.

Archived