IGNORED

Starting 11 For Derby?

Robbored

Brooker - 2 goals in two games - looked very sharpe on Tuesday night. Johnson needs a partnership up front and that takes several games to forge. Therefore I reckon he'll stick with Brooker along side Maynard.

Whilst Adebola is a good target man Brooker can also hold up the ball but is likely to score more goals over a season than Adebola.

I don't mind if we start with either Adebola or Brooker upfront, however if it is Brooker then we must stop playing the long ball because he isn't as good as Adebola when it comes to winning them. I'm sure Williams will start on the right after his impressive performance coming off of the bench on Tuesday and if we can get the ball down and pass into feet then i think we will be too much for Derby.

If we start hoofing long balls forward then i can seeing it being a very tense 90 minutes of poor quality football.

I reckon -

Weale, Orr, Carey, McCombe, McAllister

Williams,Johnson,Skuse,McIndoe.

Brooker, Maynard.

Subs - Basso, Wilson, Adebola, Fontaine, Noble.

With regard to the starting XI so do I, if there is any change in that team it will be that he doesn't see Brooker as fit enough to play 90 minutes twice in 5 days, but 2 goals in 2 games suggests that he deserves to start.

Despite being poor midweek it still might be Sproule rather than Noble on the bench though, I think.

I don't mind if we start with either Adebola or Brooker upfront, however if it is Brooker then we must stop playing the long ball because he isn't as good as Adebola when it comes to winning them. I'm sure Williams will start on the right after his impressive performance coming off of the bench on Tuesday and if we can get the ball down and pass into feet then i think we will be too much for Derby.

If we start hoofing long balls forward then i can seeing it being a very tense 90 minutes of poor quality football.

I hope we don't hoof it with Adebola or Brooker - we are better than that. The long ball is OK as an out if you need it but our tendency to use it too much if there is a big man up there is a bit of a worry. And anyway both Adebola/Brooker are comfortable keeping balls into the body as well as the feet. We are at our best on the deck and (despite what some say elsewhere about the midfield) can pass and move with the best of them. Agree it makes for a nervous watch if we just keep knocking it long, losing it and inviting pressure.

Sorry to break this to you but if Earnshaw scors for Derby i will be surprised!

first point bloody hell if earnshaw scores for derby i will run round ashton gate naked :laugh: team weale orr carey mccombe mccalister williams skuse johnson mcindo brooker maynard subs basso fontaine sproule trundle noble

I reckon -

Weale, Orr, Carey, McCombe, McAllister

Williams,Johnson,Skuse,McIndoe.

Brooker, Maynard.

Subs - Basso, Wilson, Adebola, Fontaine, Noble.

agree with the starting line-up, but subs would be:

basso (1st choice when 100% fit)

fontaine

sproule

trundle

adebola

wouldnt be suprised to see wilson or noble leave by the end of this month

GK: Weale

RB: Orr

LB: McAllister

CB: Carey

CB: McCombe

RW: Williams

LW: McIndoe

CM: Skuse

CM: Johnson

CF: Adebola

CF: Maynard

That would be the only change for me though if basso is fit he will start cos he had experience of the bigger games which could prove vital. Williams looked class but does he have the required fitness for G.Johnsons team will start wont finish.

bench:

Trundle-to replace williams at 70 mins Mcindoe switches to the right trundle on the left.

Sproule

Noble

Brooker

agree with the starting line-up, but subs would be:

basso (1st choice when 100% fit)

fontaine

sproule

trundle

adebola

wouldnt be suprised to see wilson or noble leave by the end of this month

Completely agree with you. For me Brooker has to start 2 goals in 2 competetive games with an attacking bench. Home game so we should be looking to win.

Not sure a Brooker / Maynard partnership worked on Tuesday, both very similar and made the same runs, thus leaving us quite predictable up top. Neither played well despite Brookers late 2 yard header.

I'd imagine Adebola and Maynard will start.

Think the other 9 are easy to predict, even if i don't agree with williams on the right instead of the centre.

Archived