IGNORED

Is Trundle

cityfan

He is clearly the 4th choice striker and apparently we are still in the market for another striker which would make him the fifth choice!

For me, it would be very sad to see him marginalised and pushed out, only to play reserve games before releasing him. I still don't think he has had a fair run. Brooker looked much better than Dele today and I think he will establish himself in the team this year. Maynard scored, but was quiet apart from that, primarily because of the type of player he is and he was not supplied anything from the wings to be 'The fox in the box'. A fox in the box gets on the end of crosses. No crosses means no goals for him so either change the wide men to accomodate him OR change the selection up front. Alternatively, put Trundle in the hole (Where Noble played) behind Brooker and Maynard where he will have more time and will produce more.

PLEASE, let's give Trundle a proper opportunity to play to his strength's and not give up on him.

Also, is it me or does Mcindoe never get substituted, even on a poor day like today?!

Guest DR DICKNOSE
He is clearly the 4th choice striker and apparently we are still in the market for another striker which would make him the fifth choice!

For me, it would be very sad to see him marginalised and pushed out, only to play reserve games before releasing him. I still don't think he has had a fair run. Brooker looked much better than Dele today and I think he will establish himself in the team this year. Maynard scored, but was quiet apart from that, primarily because iof the type of player he is and he was not supplied anything from the wings to be 'The fox in the box'. A Fox in the box gets on the end of crosses. No crosses means no goals for him so either change the wide men to accomodate him OR change the selection up front. Alternatively, put Trundle in the hole(Where Noble played) behind Brooker and Maynard where he will have more time and will produce more.

PLEASE, let's give Trundle a proper opportunity to play to his strength's and not give up on him.

Also, is it me or does Mcindoe never get substituted, even on a poor day like today?!

Trunds was one of our best players towards the end of last season,agree with you that he should be played in the hole behind brooks/maynard

as ive already posted on here though ive got the feeling his time is up with us,reckon hell end up back at swansea for **** all.

GIVE HIM HIS CHANCE. :fingerscrossed:

For me, it would be very sad to see him marginalised and pushed out, only to play reserve games before releasing him. I still don't think he has had a fair run. Brooker looked much better than Dele today and I think he will establish himself in the team this year. Maynard scored, but was quiet apart from that, primarily because iof the type of player he is and he was not supplied anything from the wings to be 'The fox in the box'. A Fox in the box gets on the end of crosses. No crosses means no goals for him so either change the wide men to accomodate him OR change the selection up front. Alternatively, put Trundle in the hole(Where Noble played) behind Brooker and Maynard where he will have more time and will produce more.

I am not sure about LT and the 'hole' position, he has the vision but to get a 'hole' we have to play either 4411, 451 or 4312.

We played 451 for most of last season and looked as toothless as Clarence the lion with a big nice juicy wilderbeast in front of him.

And where does McIndoe fit into a 4312?, not going to happen IMO and if we were offered 250k for LT I would beat Clarence to his juciy wilderbeast steak anytime.

442 is the way ahead, with a fit Captain Marvel and a replacement for Lee Johnson, LJ just isn;t good enough at this level IN A 442.

bcagfc

For me, it would be very sad to see him marginalised and pushed out, only to play reserve games before releasing him. I still don't think he has had a fair run. Brooker looked much better than Dele today and I think he will establish himself in the team this year. Maynard scored, but was quiet apart from that, primarily because of the type of player he is and he was not supplied anything from the wings to be 'The fox in the box'. A fox in the box gets on the end of crosses. No crosses means no goals for him so either change the wide men to accomodate him OR change the selection up front. Alternatively, put Trundle in the hole (Where Noble played) behind Brooker and Maynard where he will have more time and will produce more.

Trundle is not good enough for the Championship. Last season proved this.

He does not fit in with any system Gary plays.

Would love to see a new striker in.

Upwards and onwards

Trundle will get his chance, just like Weale.

Basso was fit, but Weale held his place. Trundle will get similar opportunities.

This is all good, not bad. It creates competition for places, which guarantees that players will do their utmost to retain their place once they get a chance in the team.

Players that get picked every week regardless tend to get complacent.

Trundle is not good enough for the Championship. Last season proved this.

He does not fit in with any system Gary plays.

Would love to see a new striker in.

Upwards and onwards

What do you mean he doesn't fit in with any system Gary plays? Gary knew what systems he played before he bought Trundle so GARY SHOULD KNOW where Trundle fits. Don't blame Trundle.

How many chances has he missed?

How many games has he cost us?

Trundle scores goals, his record clearly shows that. He hasn't scored them here because

A) He hasn't had a run

B) He doesn't get the supply from behind him which all the strikers could claim; so it is not a Lee Trundle problem!!!!!

Mcindoe for all the rave reviews about him is a winger who rarely goes past his defender, lacks the pace to do so at this level and doesn't get his crosses over.

Sproule, has the pace, but we always play to Mcindoe and don't feed Sproule enough of the ball. Even when we do, his final delivery is not good enough.

So for me, our wingers create the problem as they don't create the opportunity for our forwards. Foxes in the box won't get their chance to score here either in sufficient numbers if they don't get the supply

Next, you have to look at the two central midfielders for supply. Marvin Elliot when fit has to be the number one choice. Supply will come from the other midfielder so which one of the following do you think will create the opportunities that THEY DIDN'T CREATE last year

1) Skuse?

2) Johnson?

3) Noble?

4) Williams? (Obviously not here last year)

NEW CREATIVE MIDFIELDER NEEDED?

On the other hand we bought Brian Wilson from Cheltenham not only because he was versatile, but because he was good for 10 goals a season from midfield. He has loads of stamina and pace, can strike a ball well and tackles hard like Elliott.

Wilson had a great game yesterday and I am not aware that he has let City down yet in ANY game he has played.

Maybe we should look at this as our central midield combination? Wilson more likely to get goals than any of the 4 above

Trundle will get his chance, just like Weale.

Basso was fit, but Weale held his place. Trundle will get similar opportunities.

This is all good, not bad. It creates competition for places, which guarantees that players will do their utmost to retain their place once they get a chance in the team.

Players that get picked every week regardless tend to get complacent.

As we saw yesterday but 'HE' won't be dropped

Guest MaloneFM

Its always good to keep a player like magic daps in the back pocket. Same with Sproule. They can change games.

Sproule with his pace and daps because even he hasn't got a clue what he's going to do next.

I can't see Lee being happy sitting on the bench for long to be honest. It's a shame that the move hasn't worked out for him, going from our star man at 'The Liberty', to 4th choice striker at 'Ashton Gate' within 13 months! He will always be a legend in Swansea, and a lot of our fans just can't understand why it hasn't worked out for him at Bristol City.

I can't see Lee being happy sitting on the bench for long to be honest. It's a shame that the move hasn't worked out for him, going from our star man at 'The Liberty', to 4th choice striker at 'Ashton Gate' within 13 months! He will always be a legend in Swansea, and a lot of our fans just can't understand why it hasn't worked out for him at Bristol City.

Because its a division above. Not rocket science.

Lee has got the ability to play at Championship level....wasn't it Trunds that all the Bristol City supporters were pinning their hopes on after his wonder goal got you to Wembley?

I don't think we did. He did improve towards the end but in general he was only ever average last season. He will get his chance and he won't be going anywhere for a while yet.

Trunds is a born entertainer, he still managed to get involved yesterday, with his impressive bit of ball control over by the away corner flag. He caught a falling ball on his knee with a perfect trap, did a few tap ups, then bowed to the derby fans.

And during half time, when the young lads were trying to impress, you could just tell that Trunds wanted to show them up...

It's a shame he didn't come off of the bench yesterday.

Because its a division above. Not rocket science.
No it's because we don't play to his strengths when he is selected. We saw at the end of last season if we play to his strengths then he will deliver.

Seem to remember that our form improved for the last few games of last season when we bought in Truncle and Noble. Neither have been seen since. So far Williams is no better than Noble but difficult to see Trundle getting agame ahead of Maynard. Got to give him time but apart from the goal Maynards contribution in the two home games has been at best 5/10.

difficult to see Trundle getting agame ahead of Maynard. Got to give him time but apart from the goal Maynards contribution in the two home games has been at best 5/10.

Maynard will not get dropped this season. First reason, we paid £2.25m for him. Second, and most important reason, he WILL score goals. He has one already, should of got at least one against Blackpool and he had one disallowed for a very close offside decision against Peterborough.

I was impressed with Trundle towards the end of last season but, as has already been pointed out, it was because we played to his strengths. We had Noble, Carle, McIndoe and Trundle all in the same team. Players with great control, skill and ability. Carle was (sadly, IMO) sold and i just can not see it working this season. The only viable option, in my opinion, that would suit Trundle would be Noble, Williams, Elliott and McIndoe in midfield with Trundle being partnered alongside Maynard but i just can't see this happening.

No it's because we don't play to his strengths when he is selected. We saw at the end of last season if we play to his strengths then he will deliver.

So it's back to being Johnson's fault then??

Shouldn't a player with that much ability be able to adapt to our style of play? Or is that just wishful thinking :noexpression:

I didn't see much of last season, but when I did see Trundle play 2 things struck me: he has a collossal amount of ability on the ball, but I'm not sure he's not too much of a show pony - there needs to be more end product; clever touches are nice, but what you want is stuff that baffles defenders and creates openings.

I know I'm going to get slaughtered on this one, but that's my 2p worth.

But I think he'd work well 'in the hole', but the same could be said for a few City players.

I didn't see much of last season, but when I did see Trundle play 2 things struck me: he has a collossal amount of ability on the ball, but I'm not sure he's not too much of a show pony - there needs to be more end product; clever touches are nice, but what you want is stuff that baffles defenders and creates openings.

I know I'm going to get slaughtered on this one, but that's my 2p worth.

But I think he'd work well 'in the hole', but the same could be said for a few City players.

I don't know why you think you'll get slaughtered, I totally agree.

His skills are good to watch but not when we are 1-0 down and need a result. That's when he needs to show us his end product.

GJ will take note of your comments and incorporate them in the next match for sure.

In the meantime...please leave your name in the waste paper bin on your way out. :bored:

Archived