IGNORED

Is Trundle

cityfan

I didn't see much of last season, but when I did see Trundle play 2 things struck me: he has a collossal amount of ability on the ball, but I'm not sure he's not too much of a show pony - there needs to be more end product; clever touches are nice, but what you want is stuff that baffles defenders and creates openings.

Of the first 23 goals of last season, McIndoe and Trundle were involved the most frequently even though he didn't score many, but I know what you mean - on the whole showboats are all very well but they don't guarantee you goals or points! Especially against tougher defenders in a higher league.

I think he said the main reason for his boost in form towards the end of last season was that his fitness was far better, and I think his fitness has now dropped back to how it was this time season which explains why he's out the team.

What do you mean he doesn't fit in with any system Gary plays? Gary knew what systems he played before he bought Trundle so GARY SHOULD KNOW where Trundle fits. Don't blame Trundle.

How many chances has he missed?

How many games has he cost us?

Trundle scores goals, his record clearly shows that. He hasn't scored them here because

A) He hasn't had a run

B) He doesn't get the supply from behind him which all the strikers could claim; so it is not a Lee Trundle problem!!!!!

Mcindoe for all the rave reviews about him is a winger who rarely goes past his defender, lacks the pace to do so at this level and doesn't get his crosses over.

Sproule, has the pace, but we always play to Mcindoe and don't feed Sproule enough of the ball. Even when we do, his final delivery is not good enough.

So for me, our wingers create the problem as they don't create the opportunity for our forwards. Foxes in the box won't get their chance to score here either in sufficient numbers if they don't get the supply

Next, you have to look at the two central midfielders for supply. Marvin Elliot when fit has to be the number one choice. Supply will come from the other midfielder so which one of the following do you think will create the opportunities that THEY DIDN'T CREATE last year

1) Skuse?

2) Johnson?

3) Noble?

4) Williams? (Obviously not here last year)

NEW CREATIVE MIDFIELDER NEEDED?

On the other hand we bought Brian Wilson from Cheltenham not only because he was versatile, but because he was good for 10 goals a season from midfield. He has loads of stamina and pace, can strike a ball well and tackles hard like Elliott.

Wilson had a great game yesterday and I am not aware that he has let City down yet in ANY game he has played.

Maybe we should look at this as our central midield combination? Wilson more likely to get goals than any of the 4 above

At last, someone who talks sense.

So it's back to being Johnson's fault then??

Shouldn't a player with that much ability be able to adapt to our style of play? Or is that just wishful thinking :noexpression:

Maynard has tons of ability and as we seem to play long ball when our backs are against the wall as he has that much ability should he adapt his game to be more like Adebola?

Why should we play to his strengths? It's a team game, surely it should be team tactics not Trundle tactics?
Do Man U play to Ronaldos strengths? Do Liverpool play to Torres strengths? If you have a quality player like Trundle is then you need to play to his strengths, Asking him to run on to balls or play as a target man isn't going to work as he isn't that sort of striker.

So, please, what are his strengths. I am confused.
I think we are yet to see what his strengths are really. I see him as a creative striker that also has a good eye for goal from distance. he will get his chance eventually and I'm sure he will take it when it comes. With Cardiff away coming up soon I'm sure he will be trying that little bit harder in training to impress.

Maynard has tons of ability and as we seem to play long ball when our backs are against the wall as he has that much ability should he adapt his game to be more like Adebola?

Do Man U play to Ronaldos strengths? Do Liverpool play to Torres strengths? If you have a quality player like Trundle is then you need to play to his strengths, Asking him to run on to balls or play as a target man isn't going to work as he isn't that sort of striker.

I think we are yet to see what his strengths are really. I see him as a creative striker that also has a good eye for goal from distance. he will get his chance eventually and I'm sure he will take it when it comes. With Cardiff away coming up soon I'm sure he will be trying that little bit harder in training to impress.

So it's down to GJ tactics? This is the reason why Trundle hasn't been a success :innocent06:

The bottom line is that Trundle failed to deliver last season despite Johnson giving him plenty of opportunities. He eventually lost his place and rightly so.

I agree that he looked more of a threat towards the end of the season wasn't worth a £1m that City shelled out for him. If Johnson was able to speak frankly in public I bet he'd admit that he was disapointed with Trundle overall.

Trundle is full of tricks but you need more than to be a succesfull CCC striker.I'll be surprised if he gets a start this season unless injuries and suspension force Johnson's hand.

I've met Trundle of a few occaisions and he's a likeable down to earth guy who always has time for fans and I wouldn't ever call him a 'big time Charlie' but when in comes to bare footballing fact - he simply doesn't have the all round game needed in the CCC.

That said if Trundle did get to play some regular games and started knocking the goals in I would be as delighted as anyone. I wouldn't mind being proved wrong at all.

As I said in my first post, Trundle is 4th choice.

Glad that Wilson played today as I suggested in post 10.

Would love to see Trundle alongside Brooker on Tuesday night against Crewe and see how they work together. However, I am sure that Maynard will start for obvious reasons, but there would be more to learn by starting with Brooker and Trundle

I'm sad to see him as 4th choice! he gave us a glimpse of what he can do at the end of last season! he cant continue that from the bench! he needs to be given a chance! i don't understand why people seem to favour adebola so much when of late he has done absolutely nothing!

Adebola does a lot more for the team than the likes of you will ever give him credit for. And I think that Brooker benefits from Adebola beating up the opposition centre half for 70 minutes and coming on to take advantage in the last twenty.

Adebola does a lot more for the team than the likes of you will ever give him credit for. And I think that Brooker benefits from Adebola beating up the opposition centre half for 70 minutes and coming on to take advantage in the last twenty.

Its a major plus for GJ with 2 blunt instruments available to batter the opposition. Adebola and Brooker are already giving defences a wake up call. If they both stay fit, Trudle will be limited with opportunities.

As I said in my first post, Trundle is 4th choice.

Glad that Wilson played today as I suggested in post 10.

Would love to see Trundle alongside Brooker on Tuesday night against Crewe and see how they work together. However, I am sure that Maynard will start for obvious reasons, but there would be more to learn by starting with Brooker and Trundle

IMO, I'd like to see Maynard partner Trundle at Crewe. A good chance for Trunds to get a goal or two as most fans think he is only League 1 quality. His time will come, but if he doesn't get his chance because of our "main" strikers scoring regularly and working hard for the team then i wouldn't mind Trundle being 4th choice.

Personally, I feel Dele is a major part of our team. He puts in so much effort and is our target man. Without him starting, I feel our team isn't the same.

Spoke to Trunds briefly after the game on saturday, he said he was waiting for his chance and working hard to get a game when GJ needs him. He doesnt seem one of those players that may throw their toys out of the pram because he is on the bench all the time. I hope he gets a chance sooner rather than later because I rate him, but if the others are banging the goals in then he is a brilliant bloke to have as 4th choice!

We now have 4 quality strikers - with brooker rewarding the faith gj has shown in him and back to fitness. At the moment Trundle is missing out but his time will come and I am sure he knows that - hope he plays tomorrow night at crewe as having 4 strikers all getting goals would be a great boost to the campaign.

Trundle is in danger of being hugely popular for what the fans know he can do and did do for years at Swansea, but being rejected by the boss because ?????????????? Who knows, but give the man a game and play to his strengths.

I already see there are some moans about Maynard tonight against Crewe. A proven goalscorer again, but if WE don't play to his strengths having bought him for his strengths HE WON'T SCORE GOALS.

If you are not going to play to players strengths, especially strikers, don't buy them! Why try and mould them into something else when what they already have is a proven success.

Give Trundle a chance

PS I looked at Phil Jevons stats today for his last 3 clubs. His average goalscoring rate to games played was 46%, A RECORD ANY FORWARD WOULD BE RIGHTLY PROUD OF.

If the players play well then this is how it is.

Trundle didn't start the season and IMO the Adebola and Maynard partnership is going well. Brooker despite his limitations is being effective off the bench so Trundle has to wait.

We're unlikely to run the entire season without an injury up front so when Trundle gets his chance he has to take it. If he does he keeps the shirt and whoever dropped our has to do the same.

Tis the wonderful world of competition for places.

Let's see Brooker and Trundle start today against QPR.

After the 'tired' legs of Tuesday, bring on Maynard later if needed and utilise his speed as with Sproule and Dele for a late bashing if needed.

Brooker and Trundle both link up play well, so should be able to do it together. Both know exactly where the net is when opportunity allows and may well do well today.

Let's see Brooker and Trundle start today against Crewe.

After the 'tired' legs of Tuesday, bring on Maynard later if needed and utilise his speed as with Sproule and Dele for a late bashing if needed.

Brooker and Trundle both link up play well so should be able to do it together. Both know exactly where the net is when opportunity allows and may well do well today.

There was me thinking we were playing QPR :noexpression:

Archived