IGNORED

Persistent Standing

Frome Valley

Premier league fans stand up for the whole game. When was the last time you heard the authorities attempting to stamp that out?

The law is stupid anyway. Fans aren't allowed to be stood up pretty much motionless as it's dangerous. But bouncing around like a loon when you score is OK, presumably because it isn't 'persistent' and therefore not dangerous.....

• Admin
Premier league fans stand up for the whole game. When was the last time you heard the authorities attempting to stamp that out?

The law is stupid anyway. Fans aren't allowed to be stood up pretty much motionless as it's dangerous. But bouncing around like a loon when you score is OK, presumably because it isn't 'persistent' and therefore not dangerous.....

Slightly dated, but it happens.....

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footbal...out-695454.html

And this year......

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle3123786.ece

Taken from the internet football ground guide:

"Matt Walters a visiting Reading fan adds; 'The Ricoh, as the tannoy announcer puts it, is one of the more interesting looking new grounds when compared to others such as the Walkers Stadium. The acoustics are superb which creates a great atmosphere. However I found the seats to quite uncomfortable, which is disappointing bearing in mind that this is a brand new stadium'. I have also received reports of supporters being regularly ejected from the stadium for persistent standing, so be on your best behaviour."

It was funny yesterday........there were about 15 guys (including myself) standing at the back of Dolman Row ZC and one of the stewards went over to my GF (who was sat down throughout the game) and shoved the leaflet in her face.

What did they think she was going to do?

Was there aswell mate, when the steward asked me to sit down, I said "I'm not blocking anyone elses view", which he didn't have an answer to.

It's a joke, really is.

You can stand up at music festivals, I even read somewhere that leicester tigers are building their new stadium with terracing included but we arent aloud because we are a football club not a rugby football club.

Disgrace really, I'm 14 so missed out on all the terracing and open ends and all the bits that sound best about football but i genuinely hate sitting down, and anyway the stewards are stood up all game so why cant we.

You can stand up at music festivals, I even read somewhere that leicester tigers are building their new stadium with terracing included but we arent aloud because we are a football club not a rugby football club.

Disgrace really, I'm 14 so missed out on all the terracing and open ends and all the bits that sound best about football but i genuinely hate sitting down, and anyway the stewards are stood up all game so why cant we.

I still can't understand why you can stand for the entire length of a concert and dance at AG but you cant stand at a football game at the same venue.

I don't understand what the problem is being asked to sit down for 90 minutes.

What do you do when you all go to the cinema or on a plane.

It seems that this is the argument that is used against smokers so the same should apply for people who insist on standing.

If you want to stand you can go to the concourse and do it.

i don't know wether you really mean that or are just looking for a reaction.

People should have a choice in wether they sit or stand. i as many others do prefer to stand wereas other prefer to sit. just becuase you want to sit doesn't mean others have to. fans support the club in different ways some turn up and pay for shirts seaspn tickets etc. and wish to sit and not sing. others prefer to stand and sing for an entire game. neither of these are a better fan than another :disapointed2se:

are you compairing watching football with going to the cinema?

i thought we'd had enough of the ashton gate library.

No I am not comparing Ashton Gate to a cinema but this was the argument used by the anti smoking brigade.

They now have to direct their energies somewhere else so it would seem its to be standing.

Once everyone they have eradicated that I am sure they will find another target.....maybe the overweight.

No I am not comparing Ashton Gate to a cinema but this was the argument used by the anti smoking brigade.

They now have to direct their energies somewhere else so it would seem its to be standing.

Once everyone they have eradicated that I am sure they will find another target.....maybe the overweight.

for those that want to go into seated stands and watch the game from the seating position, i imagine there is nothing worse than having people stood in front of you

however

as somebody who would rather stand I find being forced to sit down unpleasent and uneccessary especially if i'm surrounded by like minded people at the back of a stand not blocking anybodies view

as customers we should have choice - but due the FAs and the FLA insistance on ignoring football supporters - the club's hands are tied and they are unable to condone persistant standing even if they agree fans should have the choice

the standing issue has long been a issue for the club, for pretty much as long as I can remember, in majority of the stands (especially the dolman) they have to make sure people are seated,

in the east end, it's not so much of an issue in theory, but the club have to be seen to be doing something about it, otherwise the club could get into serious trouble, at the end of the day it's a all seater staduim and people are purchasing a ticket for seat, so like it or not if people do persistently stand they club are fully within their right to remove (and ban) people if they want to.

Everyone has their own preference about sitting or standing. I prefer to stand, and that is one of the many reasons why I prefer the east end to the other stands.

The club has to be seen to try to address the standing issue, and by handing those leaflets out yesterday, they are trying to do something and are seen to be trying. If everyone ignores them, at least they have tried.. Its not really a problem in the EE, if you want to sit, you go to the front, if you want to stand, you go to the back, and if you are not sure, then go in the middle somewhere!

so like it or not if people do persistently stand they club are fully within their right to remove (and ban) people if they want to.

such an approach would be dreconian though and isn't the sort of thing that should be associated with the club, it also doesn't make sense to persecute its own customers if they are not spoiling the enjoyment of others or are at an obvious risk to themselves.

such an approach would be dreconian though and isn't the sort of thing that should be associated with the club, it also doesn't make sense to persecute its own customers if they are not spoiling the enjoyment of others or are at an obvious risk to themselves.

maybe.......but they have done it before and I'd imagine they will do it again

maybe.......but they have done it before and I'd imagine they will do it again

Are you hinting at an EE closure?? Because that is how it reads to me.. If you are then I cant see that happening. Johnson wants support for the team, and he knows how invaluable the support from the EE is, it drowns out the away fans. Even if most of us do stand for the odd minute or 90..

Are you hinting at an EE closure?? Because that is how it reads to me.. If you are then I cant see that happening. Johnson wants support for the team, and he knows how invaluable the support from the EE is, it drowns out the away fans. Even if most of us do stand for the odd minute or 90..

not a closure, sorry if it's been misunderstood....

I meant regarding removing fans from stands for persistent standing and banning them, for anything from a game to the rest of the season depending on the persons behavior.....

Archived