IGNORED

Persistent Standing

Frome Valley

Was the leaflet given out in all four stands?

I didn't get one in the Ayteo.....they will only give a leaflet out in stands where there have been a problem in previous games (maybe Antwerp or Peteboro)

Also......It's understandable and probably a preventive method considering there is alot of new season ticket holders in that stand.

Guest DR DICKNOSE
Was the leaflet given out in all four stands?

was in the atyeo and didnt see any leaflet,

if i did however i would have promptly rammed it straight back up there pc ######* a**hole!!!

BRING BACK THE TERRACES... :fingerscrossed:

not a closure, sorry if it's been misunderstood....

I meant regarding removing fans from stands for persistent standing and banning them, for anything from a game to the rest of the season depending on the persons behavior.....

I cant see them banning anyone for standing. The PR wouldnt be good and there are an awful lot of us that stand.

I don't understand what the problem is being asked to sit down for 90 minutes.

What do you do when you all go to the cinema or on a plane.

It seems that this is the argument that is used against smokers so the same should apply for people who insist on standing.

If you want to stand you can go to the concourse and do it.

I'm not homo-phobic or anything, but just out of interest - are you homo-sexual?

I don't understand what the problem is being asked to sit down for 90 minutes.

What do you do when you all go to the cinema or on a plane.

It seems that this is the argument that is used against smokers so the same should apply for people who insist on standing.

If you want to stand you can go to the concourse and do it.

So when was the last time you sang and watched a football game in a cinema or a plane? :tumbleweed:

It basically said that the Council can take action against the club.

Basically, the Gas are still allowed - by the Council - to stand at the Memorial Rugby ground and we are not allowed to stand at Ashton Gate? Seems as if the Council is taking sides - my political retort to the Council's political gobshites is "Bristol Council must die so that standing at Ashton Gate can live".

As someone who prefers to stand at football matches, and because I prefer to stand, has moved to the very back row of the Dolman for this very reason, I find this discussion very interesting.

The reason they don't want you standing is because of SAFETY (supposedly) and has nothing to do with blocking peoples views as some like to profess. What I don't understand is why clubs don't use a little common sense. If you are at the back few rows and want to stand then the stewards should use their common sense and realise that no one is really causing any problems by standing during the game. After all, if it was all about SAFETY, then surely the stewards would have to sit down during the match and you shouldn't eb allowed to stand during half time?

If you are at the back few rows and want to stand then the stewards should use their common sense and realise that no one is really causing any problems by standing during the game. After all, if it was all about SAFETY, then surely the stewards would have to sit down during the match and you shouldn't eb allowed to stand during half time?

To be fair to the stewards, it's the Bristol Council that is forcing this issue. The stewards are having to carry out the orders that originate from the Bristol Council Fuehrer bunker no matter how stupid and ridiculous they are.

Donald Duck scores a direct hit in the eye of the Bristol Council Fuehrer :winner_third_h4h: .......

450px-Derfuehrersfaceposter.JPG

To be fair to the stewards, it's the Bristol Council that is forcing this issue. The stewards are having to carry out the orders that originate from the Bristol Council Fuehrer bunker no matter how stupid and ridiculous they are.

Donald Duck scores a direct hit in the eye of the Bristol Council Fuehrer :winner_third_h4h: .......

450px-Derfuehrersfaceposter.JPG

I understand this, and its not only the council but the FA. However, the way that I get spoken to by the stewards about standing is nothing short of scandalous. They must realise that people at the back may want to stand, and they should 'steward' it responsibly.

Talk of people being banned or ejected from the ground for standing would be tragic, and as much as I love this football club, it would certainly question my intent to renew my season ticket each season.

I really do agree with some of you that you should be able to stand - but there should be a area for this. There is nothing worse than some idiot persistently standing through the entire game not caring that the kids/women/elderly can not see, a compromise is the only way forward.

The reason for not standing is nothing to do with "blocking people's view" that's just the view of people who are ill-informed.

It's solely for safety, especailly in the Dolman, the reason being that all you need is for one person standing to fall forward and it will create a domino effect and a safety issue with possible injurys to anyone who has fallen/had someone fall on them.....

if your sat down.....your not an potential safety hazard

The reason for not standing is nothing to do with "blocking people's view" that's just the view of people who are ill-informed.

It's solely for safety, especailly in the Dolman, the reason being that all you need is for one person standing to fall forward and it will create a domino effect and a safety issue with possible injurys to anyone who has fallen/had someone fall on them.....

This domino effect that has never been proven ever. They keep saying about this Domino Effect but have never proved it, like the offical report that says standing passively is safer than standing up and sitting down all the time which just happened to go missing but thankfully a few people still have a copy.

surely you are more likely to fall over whilst celebrating a goal than standing passively during a game?

this domino effect is an urban myth - people would have to leap in the air like salmon over the back of the seat in front of them

would be good to watch actually but hard to co-ordinate everybody leaping at the same time.

So why can you stand at a concert at AG and that be deemed safe yet you can't do that at a football match?

What makes me laugh,

Take wembley for example, naughty very naughty to stand during the game.

On that tube/train home, completely overcrowded, completely dangerous, but that's allowed.

Was just thinking the same myself. How can standing on a crowded bus be deemed safe? Especially when these polish drivers like to brake sharply. I guess though when it involves money and making a profit then it is deemed safe.

The fact is all seater stadiums were brought in so clubs know where you are in the stadium and also because they could charge more for seats. However nowadays people would be willing to pay the same if not more to stand in a safe standing area. Like I have said before all it takes is for one club to go for it and the rest will soon follow.

cash subsidies from the governement were available for the development of all seater stands

that was money that we as taxpayers gave away for the privilage of having our choice of standing or seating taken away from us

no money will be available to convert all seater stands into terracing hence some clubs don't want to know

Archived