Defenders Without A Club

Taz

Stephane Henchoz (Blackburn)

Bruno Berner (Blackburn)

Philippe Christanval (Fulham)

Ian Pearce (Fulham)

Stephen Carr (Newcastle)

Dominic Matteo (Stoke)

Ian Harte (Sunderland - Not sure if he can play Centre back)

Stanislav Varga (Sunderland)

From what I can see, all have been released and are currently unattached. The likes of Henchoz, Pearce and Carr would probably demand more in wages, however if they're still out of work and don't have any other offers.....

Ipswich have signed Ivan Campo, now ok some of you might be saying he's old, slowing down, not as effective anymore, but this is the same Ivan Campo that once played for Real Madrid. Yep, think of the experience that the Ipswich youngsters are now getting.

Anybody who is out of work, be it Football Player, or the likes of you and me can demand what you like, but if you want to have a job and be able to pay the bills you may have to take what is on offer, maybe more so if you want to stay in Football. There can only be so many pundits. So there is no harm in asking someone may be glad of the chance.

If we ask very nicely we might be able to scab Jonny Evans from Man United, although he may have higher aspirations. Still, one month of competitive football in a decent league could do him some good.

Agree with that. Someone like Jonny Evans would be a superb singing on some kind of loan but I doubt we could attract him down here. We should be going for someone who's career is on the rise rather than these old castout's who are winding down.

Now McCombe's out, to go with Fontaine's injury and Keogh's release, a centre back becomes an urgent priority now. Vasko anyone? :dunno:

Agree with that. Someone like Jonny Evans would be a superb singing on some kind of loan but I doubt we could attract him down here. We should be going for someone who's career is on the rise rather than these old castout's who are winding down.

Now McCombe's out, to go with Fontaine's injury and Keogh's release, a centre back becomes an urgent priority now. Vasko anyone? :dunno:

Was the 1st thing i said yesterday when McCombe was injured, was gutted when we let him go back in the summer, thought he was a great addition to the squad. As they say though hindsight is a wonderful thing! Would love to see him brought back!

If we ask very nicely we might be able to scab Jonny Evans from Man United, although he may have higher aspirations. Still, one month of competitive football in a decent league could do him some good.

Yeah right.........Sunderland couldn't get him back on loan after they failed to get him perm.......there is no chance he would be willing to drop to Championship Level even for a month even if Sir Alex let him.

Yeah right.........Sunderland couldn't get him back on loan after they failed to get him perm.......there is no chance he would be willing to drop to Championship Level even for a month even if Sir Alex let him.

I had heard nothing of this and have just done a bit of research, what came back was that he rejected a return move to Sunderland in 2007 but failed to get into the team at United, and thus spent the end of last season back with Sunderland. He was on the bench today, but the chances of him ousting Ferdinand or Vidic are non-existant; in the case of an injury to either, a call-back clause could be activated by the club, so it's not as though he'd be missing out on anything joining us. As I said, he may have higher aspirations, but it would do him some good, and he is unlikely to fulfill anything with them in the next month.

I had heard nothing of this and have just done a bit of research, what came back was that he rejected a return move to Sunderland in 2007 but failed to get into the team at United, and thus spent the end of last season back with Sunderland. He was on the bench today, but the chances of him ousting Ferdinand or Vidic are non-existant; in the case of an injury to either, a call-back clause could be activated by the club, so it's not as though he'd be missing out on anything joining us. As I said, he may have higher aspirations, but it would do him some good, and he is unlikely to fulfill anything with them in the next month.

look harder.....Keane has given up trying to get him, despite even offering £10m for him...

as you say, he was on the bench today.....where would he rather be.....on the bench at man u? or in the championship?.........no brainer for me.....I'd be staying at United.....as we have seen this week, you can loss a defender or 2 just like that, EVEN if they were to loan him out, he would have to stay with us for a month....

it's not going to happen....simple as that

look harder.....Keane has given up trying to get him, despite even offering £10m for him...

as you say, he was on the bench today.....where would he rather be.....on the bench at man u? or in the championship?.........no brainer for me.....I'd be staying at United.....as we have seen this week, you can loss a defender or 2 just like that, EVEN if they were to loan him out, he would have to stay with us for a month....

it's not going to happen....simple as that

Perhaps Gary Pallister would fancy get his boots back on?

Archived