IGNORED

"vibrant , Progressive Football..."

everreddy

...that's how the Sky pundits described City's first-half performance, on Saturday!

What characterizes "vibrant, progressive football", I wonder?

And...do you agree with this assessment of City's playing style?

Maybe Sky are beginning to realize, at last, that we are no longer Championship "also rans"...

...that's how the Sky pundits described City's first-half performance, on Saturday!

What characterizes "vibrant, progressive football", I wonder?

And...do you agree with this assessment of City's playing style?

Maybe Sky are beginning to realize, at last, that we are no longer Championship "also rans"...

Not the only ones:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/au...hip.bristolcity

I would absolutley 100 per cent agree with the idea that we play 'vibrant, progressive football'. In the first half they couldn't get near us, we completely pished all over them and our pressing was immense.

I agree we pressed them quick, we never let them settle and got at them.

Second half being 1-0 up we sat back and they started to press us, we should have buried them 3-0 4-0 we always seem to stop playing when we are 1-0 up........i hope GJ is not telling them to sit on a lead like a certain Sven G E always tells his teams. I think GJ is magic, but i am starting to worry why we never seem to play well both halves of a game and never win by 3-0 plus...... :dunno:

Second half being 1-0 up we sat back and they started to press us, we should have buried them 3-0 4-0 we always seem to stop playing when we are 1-0 up........i hope GJ is not telling them to sit on a lead like a certain Sven G E always tells his teams. I think GJ is magic, but i am starting to worry why we never seem to play well both halves of a game and never win by 3-0 plus...... :dunno:

Yep, complete enigma to me too. I remember a lot of games like that last season but we got away with a 1-0 in most of them rather than conceeding in the second half like on saturday.

Blackpool last season especially sticks in my head because my boss is a Blackpool fan and he was at the gate when in the first half I thought we were going to run riot and put 3 or 4 on them. As it turned out we were luck to get a 1-0 win.

I wondered the same on an earlier thread. It seems to happen too often when we are in the lead at half time that the midfield drops 20 yards deeper, we concede the middle of the park and try to play on the break. May just be coincidence though.

I wondered the same on an earlier thread. It seems to happen too often when we are in the lead at half time that the midfield drops 20 yards deeper, we concede the middle of the park and try to play on the break. May just be coincidence though.

Well like we said it seems to happen a lot in our games, it may be just one of those things I suppose. Some managers views when 1-0 up is if we don't concede now we will win, Ok CITY did last year and it worked. Maybe or maybe not under instructions, me personally I hope not... :me?:

I think mcCombe injury had some effect, the midfield held back a little to support Bradders in particular Skuse who got forward more in 45 minutes than I have ever seen him do.

I would agree with this as I thought that Bradley did a great job under difficult circumstance, but inevitably drifted out wide right. He makes a fantastic right back, (even a defensive MF perhaps?) but he looked a bit lost at CB, and yes, the team had to change shape a bit.

We should have had another defender on the bench. I still think we need another defender even after todays loan signing.

I did think Wilson looked very strong as he did against PBoro. If he's finally coming good thats great news.

I thought we totally outplayed derby in all departments on saturday, and so did paul jewell because he had to make a change at half time to close our midfield down quicker and according to Savage, jewell gave them the biggest bollicking they had ever had at half time.

Either they failed to respect our success last season or thought that being highly paid ex-prem players that they got a major shock when we outplayed them.

Some people on this forum are dissapointed at the result, certain players making mistakes and the supposed lack of transfer activity, but I would prefer to be in our position regarding players, manager and chairman than derby's.

Does anybody know how many away supporters they brought, from my position in the Ateyo they onlyn used half their allocation - very dissapointing for a supposed big club.

I thought we totally outplayed derby in all departments on saturday, and so did paul jewell because he had to make a change at half time to close our midfield down quicker and according to Savage, jewell gave them the biggest bollicking they had ever had at half time.

Either they failed to respect our success last season or thought that being highly paid ex-prem players that they got a major shock when we outplayed them.

Some people on this forum are dissapointed at the result, certain players making mistakes and the supposed lack of transfer activity, but I would prefer to be in our position regarding players, manager and chairman than derby's.

Does anybody know how many away supporters they brought, from my position in the Ateyo they onlyn used half their allocation - very dissapointing for a supposed big club.

I was little dissapointed that we didnt win and i suppose that shows how far we have come in recent times. Come the end of the season i expect Derby to be there or thereabouts so it may look like a good point. It felt a little like a defeat due to the manner of their goal but we are looking in better shape than Southampton i really fear for them, i honestly expect them to go into admin soon. Seems like not if but when.

Archived