IGNORED

Underpinning The Dolman Stand!

stillmorecider

Have been told that Music is no longer played after goal celebrations because fans feared for there safety in the Dolman stand, But when Bon Jovi asked all the fans in the Dolman to get off their arses , they did and nothing was felt because the dolman was specially underpinned to surpress the movement.... and that cant be done for every game because it would intrude the Dolman Bar and be quite expensive!

To me it seems like a poor excuse for the fans who obviously highly disagree with this americanisation and prefer a crap atmosphere!

Have been told that Music is no longer played after goal celebrations because fans feared for there safety in the Dolman stand, But when Bon Jovi asked all the fans in the Dolman to get off their arses , they did and nothing was felt because the dolman was specially underpinned to surpress the movement.... and that cant be done for every game because it would intrude the Dolman Bar and be quite expensive!

To me it seems like a poor excuse for the fans who obviously highly disagree with this americanisation and prefer a crap atmosphere!

Yeah because playing music that has nothing to do with the club in anyway is clearly great for the atmosphere. :noexpression:

Safety is safety end of and there must be reasons why the Dolman was pinned during the Bon Jovi concert but not during matches at AG. Saying that its a cost issue is ridiculous. Safety is paramount.

I do know that after the Hartlepool game when the Dolman was felt by hundreds of fans to vibrate and wobble the club had the structure fully examined by strutural engineers at significant expense.The outcome was that stand had no structural defects but that extra support could be provided to minimise vibration by adding support pins along the inside of the DEH. If you look at the roof in there you will see where these removable pins fit. I've only seen them in use once.

I would guess that a pop concert is covered by different legistration to football matches which might be why the pins were used (apparently) for the Bon Jovi concert.

Who said the music didn't have anything to do with the club??

Just after goal music in general

Just re-iterating the excuses that come out of BCFC.

Sadly I don't agree that any music even Drink Up Thy Cider should be played after a goal it is awful and just detracts from everyones singing.

Each to their own I guess but I think you will be outnumbered on this one.

Wasn't it when we started to play 'Chelsea Dagger' by the fratellis after we scored when all the comotion started with the unsafe viewings of the Dolman?

Everyone loved jumping up and singing to that so IMO I'd have music after the goals back as long as it is a sing-a-long song.

Safety is safety end of and there must be reasons why the Dolman was pinned during the Bon Jovi concert but not during matches at AG. Saying that its a cost issue is ridiculous. Safety is paramount.

I do know that after the Hartlepool game when the Dolman was felt by hundreds of fans to vibrate and wobble the club had the structure fully examined by strutural engineers at significant expense.The outcome was that stand had no structural defects but that extra support could be provided to minimise vibration by adding support pins along the inside of the DEH. If you look at the roof in there you will see where these removable pins fit. I've only seen them in use once.

I would guess that a pop concert is covered by different legistration to football matches which might be why the pins were used (apparently) for the Bon Jovi concert.

Pop Concerts, Football grounds, Smoking outside.... all seems like political bullocks.

Who said the music didn't have anything to do with the club??

Just after goal music in general

Just re-iterating the excuses that come out of BCFC.

Why have you got to run down the club by finding somthing to criticise them about? Why have you brought this subject up when it has been dead and buried for ages? Why are you stirring?

Sadly I don't agree that any music even Drink Up Thy Cider should be played after a goal it is awful and just detracts from everyones singing.

Each to their own I guess but I think you will be outnumbered on this one.

I don't wanna be outnumbered, just telling you what BCFC say.

Even though it was great seeing the whole crowd singing in unison!

but as you say, each to their own! best thing we can do is have a crap midfield under performing strikers score no goals equalling no music!

Why have you got to run down the club by finding somthing to criticise them about? Why have you brought this subject up when it has been dead and buried for ages? Why are you stirring?

Lots of questions you are asking there.....

The reply had only just been recieved from the club.

The music has been missed by people around us in the dolman.

I am not stirring just informing people of what the reply said!

mwaah! :kiss:

personally I thought the reason the music was stopped because fans hated it.......personally I hate with a passion.....and this thread seems to back up the view that it was VERY unpopular, hence DaveL got it stopped.

On a side note, I go with a group of about 15, who split between Dolman and Atyeo and I don't actually know anyone who did like the music

why has this come up now I don't understand? It's been nearly a year since they stopped playing the music and since it stopped, the atmoshpere has been alot better

Goal music is for homosexuals

What makes you think that? Even if only as few as 1 in 100 men are gay (and statistics indicate it is much higher than that) that would suggest anything up to 200 gay men present at Ashton Gate very week. Any evidence that they particularly enjoy goal music? Gay friends of mine who are football supporters seem to detest goal music as much as I do, so I'm not sure what you are basing your comments on.

Dear me, surely you weren't just being indiscriminately homophobic?

Quite agree with you stillmmorecider. I loved it and jumping up and down is the only exercise I get now at my age.

Bring it back I say it added to the atmosphere and MOST fans I speak to loved it as well. Whats the matter with you miserable lot??? :nono:

Either way, whether they play the music or not, it doesnt really matter... we score most of our goals in the last 5-10 mons of the game anyway, and by that point the dolman is half empty any way :smartass:

**** off mate, the rest of us dolmanites are there upto an 45 mins after the game has finished so just be thankful you have exits were you sit, wether it be the exit from the williams or the door from your armchair to the kitchen

**** off mate, the rest of us dolmanites are there upto an 45 mins after the game has finished so just be thankful you have exits were you sit, wether it be the exit from the williams or the door from your armchair to the kitchen

Well said, those that aren't in the Dolman don't seem to realise how hard it is to leave, as hard as Alcatraz even. Getting a lift with someone else, I'm often ushered out by them (to my annoyance); but even then we don't actually leave! What do you think all those people stood at the front are doing! And then you get all the drunken half-wits shouting "you're so s**t! Stay until the end!" to which I reply "You're so s**t! Watch the bloody game!" instead of breaking the front of the stand in your eagerness to get a closer look at some other fans. People talk about glory supporters, but at least they watch the game.

You ***** off mate, before you go sprouting your mouth off, i also sit in the dolman in block B and have never once left before the final whistle, however i do have to stand up with 10 minutes to go every game because of all of the early leavers in the stand...

My comment was meant tounge in cheek and i didnt think for one minute that someone would take offence to it... it is common knowlege that some people in the dolman leave early and it winds me up that a big chunk of our fans in the stand aren't there for the final whistle, sorry if i offened you but seeing as you stay until the end, can you say that your happy about everyone leaving?

sorry fella

i couldnt care less what people do tbh, they pay their money so they can do what they want, all I'm saying is i understand why people feel the need to leave early from the dolman, don't you get pissed off when you have to queue for half an hour to get out of an empty stadium? there are 3 exits from the dolman and one of them is the pitch!!! and with 6-8k people its not suprising most want to be able to get home at a reasonable time

and whats the problem with standing up? i like it when people leave, gives me an excuse when the pesky stewards come along with there pathetic threats :me?:

sorry fella

i couldnt care less what people do tbh, they pay their money so they can do what they want, all I'm saying is i understand why people feel the need to leave early from the dolman, don't you get pissed off when you have to queue for half an hour to get out of an empty stadium? there are 3 exits from the dolman and one of them is the pitch!!! and with 6-8k people its not suprising most want to be able to get home at a reasonable time

and whats the problem with standing up? i like it when people leave, gives me an excuse when the pesky stewards come along with there pathetic threats :me?:

i do understand why people leave the dolman early cause queing up and the traffic are a nightmare, but i just feel that it must get through to the team when they see people leaving.. its almost like saying we don't think you lot are capable of doing anything else so were off home, i know thats not what is meant but surely it must make the players think that the fans who are leaving don't have faith..

i don't have a problem with standing up either to be honest, i only said that to emphasise my point about people leaving, if i had it my way i'd be on my feet all game :banana:

Are you one of them?

I might be. So might you, for that matter. So might the bloke sitting next to you, or the entire St Johns Ambulance crew, or David Noble, or Scrumpy for all I know. I doubt many people would announce it though, as football seems to be the last bastion of homophobia. Remember what happened to Justin Fashanu?

Archived