IGNORED

Brooker

PAPA650

:englandsmile4wf: I'm not knocking maynard adebola but you got to ask is brooker worth a start with my opinion with maynard a bit of lita and brooker combo !!!!!!! every time he comes on he makes a instant impact and scores, and big question is trundle time up ?? its got to be doing his confidence a big boot in the teeth, i maybe wrong because the current combo is doing fine just curious will brooker and maynard be a more aggresive front line !!!!!!! thoughts please :englandsmile4wf:

I would not change the Adebola/Maynard combination at the moment. They are reading each others positional play better each match, we actually look like scoring regular goals. Brooker is a great enforcer/scorer and Trundle our box of tricks, a long season and they will all get a chance.

:englandsmile4wf: I'm not knocking maynard adebola but you got to ask is brooker worth a start with my opinion with maynard a bit of lita and brooker combo !!!!!!! every time he comes on he makes a instant impact and scores, and big question is trundle time up ?? its got to be doing his confidence a big boot in the teeth, i maybe wrong because the current combo is doing fine just curious will brooker and maynard be a more aggresive front line !!!!!!! thoughts please :englandsmile4wf:

Brooker will start on Tuesday no doubt. Weale is also starting (GJ confirmed on the radio) and personally I would like to see Webster given an outing in place of Carey and LJ rested and Williams stuck in the middle IF HE IS FIT - that is no dig at LJ who would obviously step back in next Saturday based on his performance yesterday but surely GJ needs to examine the squad/formation options available to him at this early stage of the season and a Cup Match offers an obvious opportunity to do that. It might even be worth giving Sproule a full run out and saving Wilson for Saturday.

You can see that Adebola's legs are going and he may get offered another year by GJ but certainly no more (his contract runs out at the end of this season). GJ is clearly nursing Adebola through by playing him for 70 odd minutes every week and leaving him out of the cup line up in midweek. But I have no problem, as I said in another thread, with Adebola giving the opposition centre half a right physical pasting for 70 minutes which allows Brooker to come on in the last twenty and do the business.

Brooker is still learning at Championship level and I think he should be given a few weeks more before being considered as an alternative to Adebola for a starting spot myself.

Guest bigboydolman

where does all this crap come from ?

Drop Adebola after a 3.0 win ?

Rest LJ ? why ?

Are we such a big club we won't to lose to Crewe ?

I want a cup run, I think Brooker and Weale should start but that's all.

I would love to see Liverpool or United at the gate in the next round. NOT Crewe V Liverpool on sky.

Is it the end for Trunle ? bloody hell we've played FOUR games............ He's on huge money, do you really think he will leave ?

Why do I bite ?

I liked the comment from 5 Live......"Bristol City have a really good squad, just look at the players on there bench compared tp the coventry bench, BC have Brooker, Trundle, Sproule, Webster, Weale,...." That is a bench that can change any game " I agree...

I don't mind want GJ does against crewe..........Noble, mccombe, williams, elliot......not even on bench for 1 reason or another..........blimey that looks a really good squad. Makes me laugh how the pundits don't rate the city.

Personally i think we could play weale, brooks, noble, williams, trunds, sproule and still beat crewe........at least that keeps the whole squad at a certain football fitness level, this will be along season and we will need them all.......

Oh did I mention we have Elliot to come back.........Now your talking....... :mafia:

I liked the comment from 5 Live......"Bristol City have a really good squad, just look at the players on there bench compared tp the coventry bench, BC have Brooker, Trundle, Sproule, Webster, Weale,...." That is a bench that can change any game " I agree...

I don't mind want GJ does against crewe..........Noble, mccombe, williams, elliot......not even on bench for 1 reason or another..........blimey that looks a really good squad. Makes me laugh how the pundits don't rate the city.

Personally i think we could play weale, brooks, noble, williams, trunds, sproule and still beat crewe........at least that keeps the whole squad at a certain football fitness level, this will be along season and we will need them all.......

Oh did I mention we have Elliot to come back.........Now your talking....... :mafia:

As a new poster, your early posts were confrontational, however you are showing a good analysis as you settle in. We are all BCFC fans and need to find common ground through intelligent debate. I agree with your post and look forward to further positive comment.

As a new poster, your early posts were confrontational, however you are showing a good analysis as you settle in. We are all BCFC fans and need to find common ground through intelligent debate. I agree with your post and look forward to further positive comment.

were you worried that as a new poster he might unsettle the dressing room?

What a patronising comment!

The set up is perfect, we have 2 amazing strikers in Adebola and Maynard with Brooker and Trundle fit and ready to come on when or/if needed.

Brooker is a massive player to have back fit, so chuffed to see him back playing and scoring.

I don't think Trundle is getting the hump yet, he will have a big role this season and will beat his goal tally the from last one.

Everything is great up front, its really just great. :icecream:

were you worried that as a new poster he might unsettle the dressing room?

What a patronising comment!

You obviously missed the thread, this poster was dumped on for being "patronising". Read your own comment, its about bringing us all together, terjon was being politely advised that patronising was not the way to help a debate.

I think the current situation is ideal. Considering his start stop career in the last 2 years, SB shouldn't be doing the workhorse stuff that Dele is doing for us currently.

Brooker is getting an opportunity to build proper core fitness whilst getting goals from the bench and playing against players who have been worn down for an hour or so by Dele.

You obviously missed the thread, this poster was dumped on for being "patronising". Read your own comment, its about bringing us all together, terjon was being politely advised that patronising was not the way to help a debate.

Thank you for your advise, sadly you missed my point in another post..........I actually wrote negative thoughts to merely gain a response from this forum and to prove a point that people only respond most of the time in here when you write something controversial, as i said during that forum i was joking.

So you do not need to look forward to my positive posts, considering I was untill very recently a manager at semi pro level.

Thank you for your advise, sadly you missed my point in another post..........I actually wrote negative thoughts to merely gain a response from this forum and to prove a point that people only respond most of the time in here when you write something controversial, as i said during that forum i was joking.

So you do not need to look forward to my positive posts, considering I was untill very recently a manager at semi pro level.

Its not sad and I did not miss the point. We are referring to different posts. You patronised a poster making a comment on target men and strikers. He, like others in this forum has vast experience in playing/coaching management of the beautiful game. This time of year there are plenty of youngsters on here during the holidays, with many of the regulars avoiding the forum for a couple of months.

I hope you stay on the forum, but please realise that there are other ex players/managers/coaches that post here, many with 10-20 years more experience than yourself.

Its not sad and I did not miss the point. We are referring to different posts. You patronised a poster making a comment on target men and strikers. He, like others in this forum has vast experience in playing/coaching management of the beautiful game. This time of year there are plenty of youngsters on here during the holidays, with many of the regulars avoiding the forum for a couple of months.

I hope you stay on the forum, but please realise that there are other ex players/managers/coaches that post here, many with 10-20 years more experience than yourself.

Well thank you for enjoying my input, I do know there are many people who watch football that understand the beautiful game, i do not proclaim to be above all in football knowledge. I have read some very intelligent post in these forums, so I will from now on reply more helpfully. In the mention post, I wasnt trying to be patronising regarding stikers just pointing out that you can play different partnerships and change the way the team plays and adapts its playing style.

The game has changed a lot in the last 5-10 years so with all due respect to managers with longer experience (not being patronising) there are things they don't know about the modern game. However this a forum and people of all ability and knowledge can have a point of view it dosnt matter weather we agree with there view or not, everyone is entitled to an oppinion.

I hope i can add some positive input during the season and thank you for reading my responces.

Archived