IGNORED

Brian Wilson

lukebcfc

I thought he was absoutley brilliant just as the rest of the team!!

However i thought it was definately his best performance for us!!

Also we looked solid down the right because if orr overlaps Wilson

can defend just as good as his attacking ability!!

Well Done Lads Great Result And Performance!!

:englandsmile4wf:

Your Thoughts Please??

Willow and brad work well as a two on the right, the same way as jamie and Macca do on the left .

Skuse i thought played better with Williams along side him, as i think Marv will benefit from having williams along side him as well .........

the only problem is ....... for Williams to play in that middle 4, he would take LJ's spot. ?? ..

and i'm not being drawn into a debate on that issue

:innocent06:

Wilson was excellent when he came on against Derby and rightfully earned a place in yesterdays line up.

I didnt go to Cov but good to hear he had another good game as he's one of those lads who gets his head down and works really hard whenever he gets and chance for the team, a real team player and a very valuable squad member.

Johnson played a blinder yesterday and ran the midfield with Skuse.

For me, a close call between him and Adebola for man of the match.

His first half performance against Derby was also top class, he's there on merit.

Did anybody else notice the two passes that Wilson did in the space of 5 minutes in the first half yesterday.

The first one, Wilson came into the middle of the park and played a 30/40 yard pass over their left back right on who ever was on the rights foot (sorry i cant remember who it was now)

And then a couple of minutes later he did the same again but this time to McIndoe on the left.

Johnson played a blinder yesterday and ran the midfield with Skuse.

For me, a close call between him and Adebola for man of the match.

His first half performance against Derby was also top class, he's there on merit.

Yes Johnson did play well but he nearly played into trouble a couple of times yesterday.

Agree with the sentiment that Wilson did very well. Don't generally post criticism of players, and I'm a fan of McIndoe, but I thought some of his decisions were a little wayward yesterday, and some of his passing was far too casual, despite the fact he scored an excellent goal. McCallister was making some strange decisions too, although he recovered from one of his poor passes to make an excellent retrieving tackle when the Coventry player (Mifsud?) was taking an angled shot on Basso.

Other than that it was a strong team performance, with a couple of moments of madness (ahem, Mr. Basso) that weren't punished.

Coventry will have to play a lot better than that if they want to threaten to stay at the top.

the only problem is ....... for Williams to play in that middle 4, he would take LJ's spot. ?? ..

I don't think Williams should be anywhere near the first XI if he carries on like he was in Java last night with a certain Mr Noble.

Its good to hear that Wilson seems to have found some form. He was impressive against Derby and it sounds as if he had another good game yesterday.Johnson is blessed with a number of options down the right flank when Wilson is in the frame.His pace is a great asset

He was very inconsistant last season. In and out of the team/squad all campaign and he seemed to right down the pecking order at times.Lets hope that he can stay focused and maintain his form.

I don't think Williams should be anywhere near the first XI if he carries on like he was in Java last night with a certain Mr Noble.

Has Noble pissed Johnson off? Hasnt played or been on the bench yet has he?

The sooner he is gone and replacement with someone who can stay fit the better IMO.

Why don't you tell us what happened rather than blackening people's names and characters with innuendo?

I don't think I need to elaborate. You should be able to read between the lines.

Williams, whose reputation as a boozehound preceeds himself for what I remember, was off his face in Java Nightclub (bottom of Park Street) on Saturday night with Noble and Alex Russell. My mate even has the pics on his phone to prove it.

Make your own minds up if you think it's right or wrong but I don't think that's appropriate considering he'll almost definately play tomorrow night at Crewe.

I don't think I need to elaborate. You should be able to read between the lines.

Williams, whose reputation as a boozehound preceeds himself for what I remember, was off his face in Java Nightclub (bottom of Park Street) on Saturday night with Noble and Alex Russell. My mate even has the pics on his phone to prove it.

Make your own minds up if you think it's right or wrong but I don't think that's appropriate considering he'll almost definately play tomorrow night at Crewe.

Technically there is a rule at nearly all professional clubs that forbids drinking 48 hours prior to a game. However, I am of the opinion that no professional athlete should be getting $h1tfaced DURING THEIR SPORTING SEASON. It is a known fact that binge drinking affects fitness and RECOVERY FROM INJURY which does seem to be a weakness with Williams. I am not saying footballers should be staying in 24/7 because that will not help them produce their best either but surely three or four days before a game these lads can limit themselves to a few pints and still have a good time.

If true then that is pretty disapointing.

Ipswich fans never doubted the guy's talent, it was his fitness and application that fustrated them.

Let's hope this is a one off or not quite what it seems.

And as a side note; where is Noble in terms of the first team?

Anyone else wondering if Keogh going might effect his desire to remain at the club?

I know this is a thread about BW rather than Williams et al - so, from everything I've seen of him, BW is a competent full-back, and provides good cover for Bradders, but he is not a CCC-standard midfield or attacking player (or not at least in a team that is trying to do any more than stay in the CCC). I think when GJ brought him into the club, he described him as a player that would be effective in Div 1 and the CCC, well, he's probably right about that, even if he's not playing BW where he might originally have intended.

On the Williams, Noble wrongdoings - I saw the pair of them, and Scotty, down david lloyd on Sun morning (about 10.30) and they didnt look like they had just come from having a gut stabilising, full english breakfast to me. A decent sweat session 2 days before a game, and lots of water ought to be enough to get the toxins out and the body replenished shouldnt it? As for all the brain cells they might be killing.... :rofl2br:

I thought Wilson was solid on the right and had a good game, the added beauty of Wilson is also the fact he's as good defensively as he is going forward so he gave Orr loads of support and gave us great balance on the right.

I was also impressed with Skuse,I thought he was the MOTM in the middle of the park and I would love to Skuse keep his place after Elliotts return. Although I sometimes think Skuse lacks a little bit of self-believe in his own ability and needs to start playing likes he got a pair and start taking games by the b***ocks!

Johnson was Johnson, some good passing and kept the ball well at times but almost undid all the good work by giving the ball away in ridiculous postions, not to mention giving away sloppy free kicks on the edge of our own boxs. He still worrys me.

If the previous post about Williams being p1ssed up is true thens thats also a worry, he's just getting over long term injurys and is trying to make a name at his new club , you'd think boozing would be way down his list of priorities. Disappointing. :disapointed2se:

Archived