IGNORED

Gj's Ability To Read Character

Portishead Puffin

I guess this might be moved as it is not strictly City but.......

I have just seen on teletext that Jermaine Easter is to be released by Plymouth Argyle due to "personal reasons".

He's clearly not committed to the Argyle cause and Plymouth is obviously a long way from the bright lights, but I wonder whether we would have similar problems if we had signed him?

I guess this might be moved as it is not strictly City but.......

I have just seen on teletext that Jermaine Easter is to be released by Plymouth Argyle due to "personal reasons".

He's clearly not committed to the Argyle cause and Plymouth is obviously a long way from the bright lights, but I wonder whether we would have similar problems if we had signed him?

You are assuming alot in your post.

'Personal reasons' can mean just about anything. Could be nothing at all to do with the guys committment to Argyle. Maybe he's just homesick like Carey was when he went to Coventry or maybe his missus just can't settle in the West Country. Many of us know what life can be like when the missus is unhappy....There could be any number of genuine reasons why he's being released,

You are assuming alot in your post.

'Personal reasons' can mean just about anything. Could be nothing at all to do with the guys committment to Argyle. Maybe he's just homesick like Carey was when he went to Coventry or maybe his missus just can't settle in the West Country. Many of us know what life can be like when the missus is unhappy....There could be any number of genuine reasons why he's being released,

True enough, but as I say it makes you wonder whether GJ could tell that he was the kind of character that was likely to bring issues with him.

I hope for his sake that the issues are not unduly serious, but it will be interesting to see where he goes "back" to..

Ah.... So it is 'domestic' then. No doubt his missus is on his case. Hardly anything to do with Easters character.

Now speaking as one of the last true sexists in my little fantasy head land, even I see that as a remarkably ignorant sweeping statement. Assuming he's had a go at every two dollar whore down Union St and got found out , when he get's his med 3 it's going to say 'domestic stress' on it but safe to say he created the problem, not his missus. Just theorising of course, I know nothing, but I am aware that those of the male gender can rather remarkably be at fault when it comes to relationship issues. Could even be a problem with his character maybe, but hell no... you're the psychiatric nurse round here or something , you can see inside everyones head, you know better.

Archived