IGNORED

Rivals. Net Coventry

bcfcchris2016

What a bad lot of losers. See what they are writing about us. City won fair and square. They cannot except it. The ref this and the ref that, Johnson this Johnson that............

Who cares what people think , even more so after the game .3 points on the board and Coventry dumped yet again . How many more managers at Coventry will have a chance to beat us , seems to be a different one every year .

I'm not going to go over there and get involved in such a pointless argument but really if this is true, what game were they at!? The normal measure for statements like "the scoreline flattered them" or "it was never 3-0" is: what else could have happened:

• Well, there was a goal disallowed - oh, that was a Dele Adebola goal for City
  • Yeah, but a shot had to be headed off the line with the keeper beaten - oh, wait, that was Nicky Maynard for City
  • But there was that well-saved one-on-one as well - doh, Ivan Sproule for City
  • Okay well two central defenders were injured in the game - erm, except that was for City and we still kept a clean sheet

The reality is that IF the scoreline could have been different the most likely scenario is that it would have been even more one sided than it already was. Even 'clutching at straws' is too common a phrase for what Coventry fans are up to if they really believe there were a set of circumstances that involved Coventry actually scoring or not being several goals worse.

The only quality save Basso had to make was tipping Morrison's header onto the post ten minutes from time with us already 2-0 up, wouldn't have made as much difference as the list above, and as a measure of 'what might have been' it's comfortably canceled out by Maynard's shot to the top corner which Marshall made a brilliant save from shortly before.

I understand that they're infuriated by our opener and they've then formed the remainder of their opinion by proxy based on seeing Clinton Morrison and then Coleman losing their temper waving their arms about, yet I doubt whether they could tell you why in either case the result should have been different, they're just going along with it because the manager said so.

Notwithstanding the fact the keeper was injured, HE was the one who was second best to a cross he had no right to get to and he put himself in danger hurling himself into his own defender. This wasn't an obstruction on the keeper by an attacker at a set piece, Adebola never touched him, Westwood threw himself into his own bloody defender 10 yards out.

If you get any football pundit in the country I bet they would defend Adebola's right to score there, what's most laughable is that Coleman's contention that his keeper should have been looked after, used the exact same language the pundits use to rue the fact goalkeepers get too much protection. That shows you how hysterical Coleman's view of things is.

And since when was it the referees job to protect a keeper from his own defender and/or own stupidity 10 yards from goal?

Dowd got it spot on and I imagine the decision was a little easier by the fact that keeper and defender look at each other and then bury their heads into the turf, the feeble attempt to get the goal disallowed got what it deserved.

Then you have Morrison who never has control of the ball in the box while shoulder to shoulder with Fontaine and isn't going to get to the ball anyway as Basso collects it before Morrison has a chance to have a meaningful touch, leaving Morrison appealing for a penalty when Basso is holding the ball!? Another case of hoping the ref does them a favour.

And then to compound it (this is a good test of who was at the game as the highlights don't show it) Coleman's rant and sending off is actually after Dowd gives a free kick after a Coventry player brings down Maynard. No one would surely argue it wasn't a foul so presumably at this point Coleman is just upset the ref isn't a homer and hasn't done them a favour yet.

The ref got it right, Coventry got it wrong, Coleman and co seemed to be hoping that the referee would be their star man but as we showed, football is played by the players and Coventry should've tried competing on that basis. Then they'd have more to talk about than whether or not we were a 3-0 side. Maybe 2-0, maybe 5-0 - either way Coventry were zeroes.

The good news seems to be is that other teams are still underestimating us. Obviously Coventry thought that all they had to do was show up and we would roll over, but like last year got a serious reality check. Now their manager and fans are upset and bitter that they got stuffed by us wurzels again. You would have thought that would have learned from last years experience....

It seems also that Crewe are also taking us lighty and hopefully QPR will as well.

They appear to be fans moulded in their manager's image.

The 'penalty' wasn't even a half shout. I'd have been interested to see Coleman's reaction if such a challenge resulted in a penalty against his team. Presumably, he'd say it was a good decision. I can say, hand on heart, that I wouldn't have appealed if it was against one of our players.

As Olé rightly says, the incident that got Coleman sent to the stands came from his reaction to a clear foul on Maynard. But, such was Coleman's skewed view of things by that time, that he couldn't accept any correct decision without bursting a blood vessel.

As for the Coventry fans' dislike for Gary Johnson... Where has that come from? He hasn't done or said anything about them, so I can only assume it's jealousy that we have a decent manager, whilst they have a ranting idiot who plays the victim when things don't go his way.

On the plus side, by the sounds of it, they don't think there's much wrong with their team, as the result was all Dowd's doing, so they won't be doing anything to change it. Good news.

Coleman and the Coventry fans are really a bitter lot.

It was one of the most assured, confident and brilliant displays by City who dominated the game in every area of the pitch. And for Coleman to moan about the ref is rediculous. Being at the game and having seen all the highlights available, the ref made the correct decisions. Their penalty shout was not a penalty either and it was a good defending. Adebola's diss allowed goal looked on side and Maynard should have gone down when tackled by the goalie rather than staying on his feet and having his shot headed off the line. Coventry were lucky to only lose 3-0.

It was very sweet, especially after when I was walking to the ground listening to the Coventry fans saying

"this game should be an easy win for us"

The good news seems to be is that other teams are still underestimating us. Obviously Coventry thought that all they had to do was show up and we would roll over, but like last year got a serious reality check. Now their manager and fans are upset and bitter that they got stuffed by us wurzels again. You would have thought that would have learned from last years experience....

It seems also that Crewe are also taking us lighty and hopefully QPR will as well.

Spot on.

It seems like there isn't a single person out of Bristol (exiles aside) that actually credits us for our league position last season, or our narrow failure to reach the Prem.

We should all continue to laugh at the 'blame game' managers of Warnock and Coleman's ilk, and enjoy more of these unheralded wins!

There are fans of very few clubs in the Championship who can handle losing to us. It is a fact of life that we should just learn to live with. It certainly doesn't spoil my day listening to or reading rants from arrogant t0$$p0t$ who cannot handle getting stuffed by the "West Country Pub Team" - if anything it adds to the enjoyment of watching us win. If it p1$$e$ you off that much wait until the end of the season and go on their websites and give them a bit WHEN we finish a long way above their massive clubs!! What made me laugh is that the only fans who have identified us as a "possible threat" this season are Birmingham City's - clearly they have forgotten the rules of supporting a Championship club and particularly the golden rule which states "any victory gained by Bristol City is a lucky one".

Looking at things another way - had Birmingham, Wolves or Reading gone to The Ricoh on Saturday and created SEVEN clear cut chances with 55% possession over the 90 minutes in a 3-0 victory everybody, including diehard Coventry fans, would have been purring at the strength of their sides. Bristol City will never be afforded such credit however much we complain about it - simply because our name is Bristol City.

The other thing to consider is how would you feel if you turned up at Ashton Gate expecting the boys to steamroller an opposition who are considered to be poor by nearly every other club in the league and then have to sit there in silence watching us get passed off the park, three goals to the worse and the opposition fans singing "we're just too good for you"? You then have to go down the pub and face a massive ribbing from your Premier League supporting mates after telling them all week of the massacre we were going to hand out.

I'm sure that frustration and embarrassment is coming out in their posts.

Calderwood - he really is a Colin.

And his turn will come , can't stand him . Crap player , crap manager . Another one who is lucky to still be there given the expectations a couple of seasons ago .

I remember cheering every Yeovil goal put past his side who thought they were just to turn up that night .

Never mind they are here now and we are waiting .

I'm going to have GREAT fun tomorrow ripping the shit out of a Cov fan I work with, who was gobbing off last week, all week were going to stuff you, cos were top! what?? like last season then? yeah, we're better this year! Really, See you Tuesday suckers...... :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo::laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

let the whole damn lot of the league continually write us off.......we fkn LOVE IT!!

Archived