IGNORED

Coventry Long Throws

WarksRed

I'd always thought the area inside the hoardings around the pitch was the maximum playing area.

the Coventry lad was starting his run 15 yards behind the hoardings and running through a gap in them to launch his long throws ....

is that legal ????

:tumbleweed:

I'd always thought the area inside the hoardings around the pitch was the maximum playing area.

the Coventry lad was starting his run 15 yards behind the hoardings and running through a gap in them to launch his long throws ....

is that legal ????

:tumbleweed:

I see no problem with it (unless it is your sole attacking idea as seems the case with Pulis) ... it would, however, have been much more interesting if he'd hurdled the ads board instead of running through the little gap.

I think if the gap is there he would be entitled to use it, but I remember an incident a few years ago at the Gate, where a player (non City I think ) asked a steward sat alongside one of those yellow pitchside gates to open it so he could take a long run up. The steward did and the player was in the Dolman walkway when he started his run up. I rememeber the steward getting an ear bashing from the referee over this, and no doubt his boss as well. So basically, it seems that you can do it as long as no barrier is moved.

my opinion on this?

lets let gary johnson know a new tactic of mine

4-4-2

carey long throw.. up the top of the dolman

everyone in the box:P

:laugh: should work a treat

Bit of an issue if it's in the last ten minutes of the game. After all, if there was a counter attack how on earth would he fight back through all the people leaving early?

Archived