IGNORED

Championship Suits Us More....

Midge

I think judging by last night and from the 9 years that we struggled in league one,it's clear that we find the championship more suitable than league 1.

We are a footballing side and benefit from playing on nice pitches and in good stadiums,in our promotion season we had some battles and had to come from behind an awful lot.

also the mental side,i think our players get easily prepared for big games but seem to find it hard to play well against lesser opposition.

I'm not to disappointed that we're out but to lose our unbeaten start against a struggling league one side is a bit annoying

I'm not too bothered about going out of the Carling Cup. In fact both cup competions don't mean that much to me. I'm much more interested in the league.I'd much rather City lose at Crewe than against QPR on saturday.

The league is everything imo.

I think judging by last night and from the 9 years that we struggled in league one,it's clear that we find the championship more suitable than league 1.

We are a footballing side and benefit from playing on nice pitches and in good stadiums,in our promotion season we had some battles and had to come from behind an awful lot.

also the mental side,i think our players get easily prepared for big games but seem to find it hard to play well against lesser opposition.

I'm not to disappointed that we're out but to lose our unbeaten start against a struggling league one side is a bit annoying

From what I remember, Crewe always had one of the best pitches in League 1 and always played good football, so not sure your point's valid for this game.

Having said that, like you I'm not too disappointed with the loss - wasn't like we were going to win the thing was it?

Crewe away on a Tuesday night in front of 3k fans is hardly going to get the players firing on all cylinders is it? Especially after the performance they put it. In hindsight which is a wonderful thing maybe it would have been better if we had played some squad players who would have been eager to impress.

Crewe away on a Tuesday night in front of 3k fans is hardly going to get the players firing on all cylinders is it? Especially after the performance they put it. In hindsight which is a wonderful thing maybe it would have been better if we had played some squad players who would have been eager to impress.

Spoken by a true apologist!

Let's make no mistake last nights performance was poor and we need to stop making excuses. It's no good starting to play in the last 10 minutes when you're already 2 goals down!

The reason we struggled in League 1 for so many years was because we found it difficult to cope with big well organised sides that used to bully and kick us off the park. Crewe last night were anything but.... they played some fantastic football, and didnt hoof it at all.

There can be no excuses for last nights result...it was a poor one, and everyone connected with this club needs to realise that and ensure that we bounce back on Saturday.

Archived