IGNORED

Bare Bones

westonred

Last nights game just proves how small our squad is and how we need to bring players in.

The fact is that we couldn't rest any players for last nights game because the only other fit outfield player not in last nights squad was Jordan Walker who has yet to get any 1st team experience.

All the others are either injured or loaned out to other clubs to gain experience. With a week to go i hope we can bring in some much needed cover.

Last nights game just proves how small our squad is and how we need to bring players in.

The fact is that we couldn't rest any players for last nights game because the only other fit outfield player not in last nights squad was Jordan Walker who has yet to get any 1st team experience.

All the others are either injured or loaned out to other clubs to gain experience. With a week to go i hope we can bring in some much needed cover.

i think you will find that Jordan is still injured after the pre season game ay Weymouth so the only player not involved would have been Scotty and i think he has just had his cast off

With 6 having departed (including Keogh) since last season and only 2 having arrived if my memory is right, our squad is even smaller than last season. I seem to recall GJ last season saying our squad was too small yet it's even smaller at this point in time.

Like others, I'm still waiting for the lined-up Carle replacement and the exciting European striker who all the fans will be excited about. I'm not convinced we'll see them though despite my wishful thinking that we'll see some quality additions before next week's deadline. Time will tell. If we were to sign real quality (eg Ben Watson) I feel we would have already signed them.

With 6 having departed since lasr season and only 2 having arrived, our squad is even smaller than last season. I seem to recall

Agreed, we have let go 7 squad members Keogh, Besty, Showumni, Byfield, Vasko, Russell, and Carle. We need more players to reinforce the squad. I hope GJ has 2 players lined up before te window shuts, but I can't see it.

We've actually brought in 3, Webster being the one that most seem to forget.

Of those who departed only Carle or Byfield could be classed as regulars in the 16, but due to our run of injuries at the back I think we need an alternative at LB and whether we need anyone else depends to me on just how long we expect Elliott to be out.

Sorry guys but I can't agree with this. Yes we've got a few injuries and it is leaving us a little short but that happens to all teams! We can't go out and buy 25-30 top class players! and in case any of you have forgotten.. this is only our second season in the Championship! This is the current squad we've got and it's got 27 players!

GK Adriano Basso

GK Chris Weale

GK Stephen Henderson

DR Bradley Orr

DR Brian Wilson

DR Christian Ribeiro

DL Jamie McAllister

DC Liam Fontaine

DC Louis Carey

DC Jamie McCombe

DC James Wilson

DC Jordan Walker

MR Scott Murray

MR Ivan Sproule

ML Michael McIndoe

MC David Noble

MC Lee Johnson

MC Gavin Williams

MC Cole Skuse

MC Gavin Williams

MC Frankie Artus

ST Steve Brooker

ST Dele Adebola

ST Lee Trundle

ST Nicky Maynard

ST Jennison Myre-Williams

ST Tristan Plummer

Now if any of you want to support a club with a massive squad and an enormous wage bill.. go put on a Chelsea shirt and I'll meet you in the pub... But me, I'm happy with being 3rd in the Championship right now and certainly won't make sly digs about our manager and our dealings in the transfer market. Rant over!

Sorry guys but I can't agree with this. Yes we've got a few injuries and it is leaving us a little short but that happens to all teams! We can't go out and buy 25-30 top class players! and in case any of you have forgotten.. this is only our second season in the Championship! This is the current squad we've got and it's got 27 players!

GK Adriano Basso

GK Chris Weale

GK Stephen Henderson

DR Bradley Orr

DR Brian Wilson

DR Christian Ribeiro INJURED

DL Jamie McAllister INJURED

DC Liam Fontaine LACKING MATCH PRACTICE

DC Louis Carey

DC Jamie McCombe INJURED

DC James Wilson LOANED OUT

DC Jordan Walker INJURED

MR Scott Murray

MR Ivan Sproule

ML Michael McIndoe

MC David Noble

MC Lee Johnson

MC Gavin Williams

MC Cole Skuse

MC Gavin Williams

MC Frankie Artus LOANED OUT

ST Steve Brooker

ST Dele Adebola

ST Lee Trundle

ST Nicky Maynard

ST Jennison Myre-Williams LOANED OUT

ST Tristan Plummer LOANED OUT

Now if any of you want to support a club with a massive squad and an enormous wage bill.. go put on a Chelsea shirt and I'll meet you in the pub... But me, I'm happy with being 3rd in the Championship right now and certainly won't make sly digs about our manager and our dealings in the transfer market. Rant over!

You're right that the squad is a fair size and I agree with your point in essence but what your list tells you is that we have four fit defenders at the club right now and one of those is playing in midfield and another is on his way back from injury.

That says to me we desparately need some loan cover at the back before the window shuts and preferably before Saturday.

I don't know what your getting at here Roe i for one will not support chelsea or anyone else apart from City.. I'm very happy with being 3rd in the table and think we have the best manager in the country I'm not criticising GJ, all i am saying is our squad is too small Fact !!! with 17 players on duty last night we only had two more players available for selection one of those was another goalkeeper.

Out of the 27 players you listed 7 are not available due to either injury or being out on loan and Gavin Williams appears twice so that brings it down to 19.

Archived