IGNORED

Are We About To Sign Another Striker, Akinde? (merged)

CiderArmyBCFC

If they vote in favour of selling him possibly he could be unveiled on the pitch tomorrow like Betsy way. If this is us then I'm actually excited about it. GJ looks like he is building a strike force for the future. Maynard as the pacy striker and this guy as the target man. They could potentially develop there careers together and would compliment each other.

Our pressmen seem to think we have made a £500,000 bid for James Scowcroft, and my guys seem to think that the Ebsfleet player has the choice of 3 teams, as 3 bids were accepted and its down to the player to decide.

Only passing on what I've heard. I don't work in the transfer section.

I'm sure many of you have found their forum, but for those who've not.

interesting reading actually.

Its not much to go on, but they say hes the best prospect ever to come from Ebbsfleet.

Hes an out and out target man, hard worker, brave, can find space, good first touch and has great passing range.

for 140k its worth a punt, hes the your typical GJ ytype player me thinks, great attutude. Hope we get him.

Ebbsfleet forum

John is a product of the club's Conference Youth League squad and progressed into first-team contention with a number of decent showings in Kent Senior Cup games. An 18-year-old striker, he is a strong and promising youngster. An eye for goal, added to a turn of pace and ability to outmuscle even those defenders with a lot more experience than himself, make him a superb prospect for the future.

Having played on loan for Margate and Whistable Town, he was recalled to the Fleet and made an explosive start to his career, earning plaudits from far and wide. As a result, the club offered him a contract which takes him to the end of the 2008-09 season but another fine performace when in the spotlight at Wembley has meant a host of League scouts flocking to Stonebridge Road and media talk of big-money offers from interested clubs.

A bit about him...

It's a gamble, probably around £100k's worth

19 year old - watched by the likes of Chelsea amongst other clubs so they probably have seen a bit of him.

Why not?

Agree. Its a gamble. But me like many others think we should have been better concentrating on signing a midfilder and/or defender rather than a raw, unknown, unproved striker.

Fair bit actually. :pacifier: He's definetely better than Spaz Cabbage, but nothing to write home about IMO (of course).

How old was Savage when we signed him?

I've not seen anything of Akinde so if you're seen a bit of him then can you confirm that he's fairly pacy and good with his feet?

Hopefully a raw talent that we can get the best out of.

I'm feeling optomistic tonight :)

140k + sell on for someone who reckon will be either now or soon ready to affect the game at this level. If it comes off it's a bargain.

I have faith in the scouting/management team to spot talent. Big, pacey, skillful, players with a work ethic are very rare. That's why we have a 33 year old up front.

Agree. Its a gamble. But me like many others think we should have been better concentrating on signing a midfilder and/or defender rather than a raw, unknown, unproved striker.

I am with you there - bit of a surprise too, hopefully shows that we have quite a diverse scouting network, but like you I think we could do with a creative midfielder and some defensive/left back cover

sorry if already posted but it appears members (including me ) have voted to sell in landslide 82%

doesnt confirm city though

from myfootballclub website

Members approve Akinde transfer

82% give CEO green light to progress the deal

published : 18:35 by MyFC_Web_Team

The deadline for members to have their say on the £140,000-plus offer for John Akinde has passed. Club CEO David Davis commented:

"The offer for John Akinde was presented to the owners of Ebbsfleet United on Wednesday evening. 48 hours later, 82.3% of 7,452 members who voted said the club should accept the offer for John Akinde.

Myself and the Chairman have therefore been given clear instruction to go ahead and carry out the supporters' wishes. Without this majority, the deal would not have proceeded.

We do not foresee any problems, however, we cannot comment further until all the necessary steps have been taken to conclude the transfer in an appropriate manner."

Thats old news mate, he has rejected Posh in preference for a move West....

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/poshnew...leet.4439746.jp

MyFC have voted 82% in favor of selling him to us for a reported 150k, just the matter of personal terms now, look forward to his unveiling tomorrow

oh, i see internetjeff has beat me to it...

John Akinde akinde.jpgprogressed into first-team contention with a number of decent showings in Kent Senior Cup games. An 18-year-old striker, he is a strong and promising youngster. An eye for goal, added to a turn of pace and ability to outmuscle even those defenders with a lot more experience than himself, make him a superb prospect for the future.

Having played on loan for Margate and Whistable Town, he was recalled to the Fleet and made an explosive start to his career, earning plaudits from far and wide. As a result, the club offered him a contract which takes him to the end of the 2008-09 season but another fine performace when in the spotlight at Wembley has meant a host of League scouts flocking to Stonebridge Road and media talk of big-money offers from interested clubs.

One way or another, John is set to make a massive impact in 2008-09

19 DATE of BIRTH: 08 July 1989

PREVIOUS CLUB: From youth team

DATE SIGNED: August 2007 (given squad no.)

POSITION: Striker

APPS/GOALS:

0/0

Thats old news mate, he has rejected Posh in preference for a move West....

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/poshnew...leet.4439746.jp

MyFC have voted 82% in favor of selling him to us for a reported 150k, just the matter of personal terms now, look forward to his unveiling tomorrow

oh, i see internetjeff has beat me to it...

Yeah sorry just realised the timestamp on that bbc page

i really hope this is true

i think it could be a great signing on so many levels

as someone who thinks adebola brings a hell of a lot to our side he could be a long term replacement and at least a like for like if dele picks up a knock

we wont expect him to go straight into the team at 19, and id imagine brooker would still take the bench in front of him.

he prob wont mind biding his time a little as he is so young, so no worry of him demanding a place.

at only 150k thats the kind of gamble we can probably afford to take now on potential rather than proven players

could form a good long term partnership with maynard, and possibly even with plummer in reserves when he comes back.

Archived