IGNORED

Trundle

petehinton

Just got off the phone with the bloke i go to the gate with and he got a text from a mae that lives in the ashton area that Lee Trundle could be on his way to Leeds didn't say whether it was a loan or permanant

don't slate me because of 'realiabilty' its been on most peoples lips about his future...

Thoughts:

I would only see this happening if we had someone definatly lined up to come in.... It would be a shame if true I really think given a chance this season Trundle would come good.... with a years championship experience under his belt, late end of season form and a pacey striker up with him! But will see. Hope to see Trundle in a city shirt again.

really think given a chance this season Trundle would come good

I'd also rather see him try again this season, or at least keep trying until he's tired of trying and escapes in January.

It would be a shame, he always seems to look meaningful- but this is a results based business.

(You don't get a prize for 4th place... :( )

Be very disappointed if this was the case. I think we need all four strikers. So Maynard and Adebola are first choice at the moment but this could easily change. Form and injuries could dictate but even simply having 2 striking options on the bench is crucial.

One other thing to add- having finally watched last season's DVD all the way through a couple of weeks back one thing struck me - the importance of Trundle. Like most I couldn't quite work him out last season and felt his value was more in holding up the ball when we were clinging on to leads. But watching that DVD I noticed just how often he was involved with a goal - whether it be scoring, assist or just some role in the build up. And even when goals did not result it reminded me of the number of times he contributed towards a good attack (actually quite important when trying to keep the opposition on the back foot).

I think Trunds will get on the pitch soon enough and has every chance of being really important to us this season. Certainly without another striker coming in we'd be VERY short up front.

Mind you...if that Rooney bid Johnson was talking about comes off then we may have the chance to loan him out.

I would be very disappointed if he were to go. I think he is an excellent player who adds alot of creativity to the side. He gives us something extra up front and just his presence on the pitch makes me think something special may happen. He also draws alot of attention away from our other players because opposition players seem to swarm around him when he gets the ball, leaving others with more space. He is one of those 'confidence' players who gets better the more he plays.. Personally, I would like to see him get a chance playing alongside either Brooker or Maynard at some point..

Just got off the phone with the bloke i go to the gate with and he got a text from a mae that lives in the ashton area that Lee Trundle could be on his way to Leeds didn't say whether it was a loan or permanant

don't slate me because of 'realiabilty' its been on most peoples lips about his future...

Thoughts:

I guess it all depends upon the reliability of your source - unless we know that, it has to be regarded as b***ocks until proven otherwise.

I think he could go somewhere on loan, and Leeds would be a nice stage for him, but I would be sorry to see him go.

Even though there's not grounds for this rumour.

Sending Trunds out on a loan with a 24 hour re-call wouldn't be a bad shout, he's going to be better off in league 1 than our reserves and if he bags a few it could help his confidence. Right now, with the way the forwards are playing, he doesn't look like he's going to get opportunities until Injuries or suspensions, which realistically could be at least another month before they come into effect.

If we're going to do that, we may as well loan him out to Cheltenham.

I really rate Trundle and at times he is unplayable.

I think that him and Maynard upfront would be prolific!!

unplayable in the sense that I hope GJ never decides to put his horrible 'skills' into our team and fit his gameplay.

I know it's probably rubbish (a mate who got a text who lives in the area? right) but I hope he does go.

unplayable in the sense that I hope GJ never decides to put his horrible 'skills' into our team and fit his gameplay.

I know it's probably rubbish (a mate who got a text who lives in the area? right) but I hope he does go.

I cant see him going anywere to be quite frank. The topic starter with all due respect to him does post a lot of bull and the chances of it being true are probably about a million to 1.

I think trunds will like the lime light off him for a while, perhaps this will make him feel more comfortable and not like last season were he was the labled the 'million pound man'

I think this could be a big year for him, if he has another below par season maybe then we should consider off loading him untill then he should 100% stay.

Trundle need games, he is 30+ so we either play him, loan him or sell him no point being kept on the bench IMO.

Trunds struggled to get in last year and didnt play many untill near the end of the season. We have since signed adebola, maynard and now brooker is back fit, they have moved in front of trunds.. these 2 new targets if correct are strikers to....

I think trunds will be loaned out or sold this season.........imo. :preacher:

Guest churchill gaffer

Thoughts:

I hope your right.

He has not been worth the money we paid, Please go.

Can anybody remember John Kerr. GOD HE WAS AWFUL! The worse player I have ever seen play in a City shirt.

I think if Trundle starts trying again, he may do a good job for them. BUT HE HAS TO TRY!

IMO Cash in now while we still can

Good on his day but as he gets older those days become less and less

He did his bit for us in the earlry days last season - as in making teams change game plans just because he was on the team sheet - but now they have learnt that they don't have to

Sorry matey - too old & slow

So we are to believe this rumour from a 14 year old boy who has just got off the phone to a mate.

1800 views later and there isn't anyone else in the world that has heard this rumour.

For the older people on here, cast your mind back to being 14 again, you have a small group of friends, you are about to discover girls have boobs and a foof, drinking and smoking is well cool and so is telling big porkies to a larger audience just to make you look popular.

Guest churchill gaffer

So we are to believe this rumour from a 14 year old boy who has just got off the phone to a mate.

1800 views later and there isn't anyone else in the world that has heard this rumour.

For the older people on here, cast your mind back to being 14 again, you have a small group of friends, you are about to discover girls have boobs and a foof, drinking and smoking is well cool and so is telling big porkies to a larger audience just to make you look popular.

Thats rubbish

If somebody hears somthing, they want to say.

GJ is not going to say anything until any deal is done.

Trundle is not going to be happy just in and out the subs bench. So this does make sence.

And in his position now, I think it would be a good move for him. Espeacially going to Leeds.

Archived