IGNORED

4 Games In And It's Started

Port Said Red

Listening to the radio and some of the people around me at the ground the expectation level is starting bring back the moaners in force.

last season there was a lot of the "pleased to be here" type comments. But this time we are 4 games into the season and they come out the woodwork.

Every comment on the radio a negative one, people who clearly think that playing against 10 men should be a walkover, (I'd love to see the statistics on this in recent times), this person should have done this or that. There seems to be an incredible ability for these people to only see the evidence that confirms their beliefs.

"Nick Carle scored today Geoff". Yes from the penalty spot in a 4-2 defeat! Genius, bring him back now I say!

So the positive times are over and now we are back to those who sound and act like spoilt brats when things don't go their way.

Oh, by the way, may I point that we are 4th and unbeaten, if we had won both home games and drawn both away matches, maybe some of these people would be happy. Maybe, but I really doubt it.

Listening to the radio and some of the people around me at the ground the expectation level is starting bring back the moaners in force.

last season there was a lot of the "pleased to be here" type comments. But this time we are 4 games into the season and they come out the woodwork.

Every comment on the radio a negative one, people who clearly think that playing against 10 men should be a walkover, (I'd love to see the statistics on this in recent times), this person should have done this or that. There seems to be an incredible ability for these people to only see the evidence that confirms their beliefs.

"Nick Carle scored today Geoff". Yes from the penalty spot in a 4-2 defeat! Genius, bring him back now I say!

So the positive times are over and now we are back to those who sound and act like spoilt brats when things don't go their way.

Oh, by the way, may I point that we are 4th and unbeaten, if we had won both home games and drawn both away matches, maybe some of these people would be happy. Maybe, but I really doubt it.

:clapping:

I do agree with this, the amount of moaning was incredible considering we are still unbeaten. The tone would have been alot different if Adebola's header hadn't been wonderfully saved. However, and i still can't get my head around this, why on earth was Sproule brought on instead of Brooker. It completely baffled me.

Theres one bloke in the Dolman who I occaisionally have the misfortune to bump into who constantly moans. Today he said to me 'what crap,we can't even break down 10 men' and 'Qpr look like they'll nick it' Then it was 'Johnson is crap, he keeps giving the ball away' You just can't answer blokes who think like that.

He's about 60 wears a City shirt, has a wrinkled face and glasses.

I'm not normally a LJ basher but I thought he was blowing hot and cold today

Every time he had the ball in the box he launched it, but whenever he tried to spread the play to the wings he would chip it, I couldn't understand what he was thinking putting it in the air when he could have played it to feet

I do agree with this, the amount of moaning was incredible considering we are still unbeaten. The tone would have been alot different if Adebola's header hadn't been wonderfully saved. However, and i still can't get my head around this, why on earth was Sproule brought on instead of Brooker. It completely baffled me.

But this is typical, we created more when Sproule came on, but it seems people don't want to see that because he's not Brooker.

I am sure if GJ hadn't had to use a substitution to replace the injured Macallister, he would have brought both on. He couldn't so he made a judgement call that nearly worked. There is no way anyone can say it was wrong because you can't gaurantee Brooks would have scored as we weren't creating much before that.

Theres one bloke in the Dolman who I occaisionally have the misfortune to bump into who constantly moans. Today he said to me 'what crap,we can't even break down 10 men' and 'Qpr look like they'll nick it' Then it was 'Johnson is crap, he keeps giving the ball away' You just can't answer blokes who think like that.

Thats about 70% of our fanbase then. :innocent06:

But this is typical, we created more when Sproule came on, but it seems people don't want to see that because he's not Brooker.

I am sure if GJ hadn't had to use a substitution to replace the injured Macallister, he would have brought both on. He couldn't so he made a judgement call that nearly worked. There is no way anyone can say it was wrong because you can't gaurantee Brooks would have scored as we weren't creating much before that.

I agree with you

Both Skuse and Macca went off injured and Johnson felt we were not creative enough so he used the only sub he could use to try and create more chances than bring Brooker on and not create. No point in bringing a forward on if your not going to create chances for them.

I wasn't there today, but everyone seems to know that breaking down 10 well organised men is difficult - as for this other criminals comments - did it look like QPR might pinch it on the break, and did LJ give the ball away? - sometimes, people love the club so much that their anxiety (probably over 50 years in the case of this old geezer) manifests itself in negative comments.

I suggest when he (or anyone) talks absolute crap you tell him so, but when he is just stating the obvious, you accept that he's not a happy clapper, his glass is half empty, but his ST money is as good as yours as far as the club is concerned.

I wasn't there today, but everyone seems to know that breaking down 10 well organised men is difficult - as for this other criminals comments - did it look like QPR might pinch it on the break, and did LJ give the ball away? - sometimes, people love the club so much that their anxiety (probably over 50 years in the case of this old geezer) manifests itself in negative comments.

I suggest when he (or anyone) talks absolute crap you tell him so, but when he is just stating the obvious, you accept that he's not a happy clapper, his glass is half empty, but his ST money is as good as yours as far as the club is concerned.

Bully, are your initials SB?

Apologies if they're not!

On World we got treated to a little bit of the phone-in post-game and it was the most depressing thing I have ever heard.

People seem to think we are going to walk the league this year and the overwhelming feeling was one not of disapointment but utter gloom.

Personally prior to the game I'd have been happy with a point. Granted it is annoying not to take three off 10 men, but let's get some perspective for crying out loud.

This is the thing, people for some reason seem to think we should walk the league this year and if they don't it certainly seems that way. I think the league is a lot stronger this year, yet for some reason people don't take this into account. We all want the best for our club and we all want us to be at the top of the Championship.

We are not suffering second season syndrome (well not yet anyway) and after 4 games we have yet to be beaten including two away wins. Today was disappointing because we played against 10 men for 40 minutes but QPR are a good team. Parejo showed glimpses of his undoubted quality as did Ledesma before his deserved red card.

If we continue on our current form we will end the season on 92 points! OK, i know that is very unlikely to happen but this isn't exactly a bad start is it!

The person on the phone that amazed me was the guy claiming to have had a season ticket for ten years who described todays game as our 'most clueless display for years'. I really didn't think we were that bad, we weren't great but average at worst. Once they had the player sent off only one side ever looked likely to win the game and it just so happened that what chances we did create weren't converted.

He's about 60 wears a City shirt, has a wrinkled face and glasses

about 60????,,,

blimey even his dad aint that old yet, - & Little Lee don't wear glasses either! :disapointed2se:

Compared to last year not only are we fractionally better off after four league games (07/08 = 8 points +2 GD; 08/09 = 8 points +4 GD) but on a game-by-game basis we are matching or exceeding our results.

By this I mean we are equalling or bettering the same fixtures;

Blackpool away

07/08= 1-1 draw

08/09= 1-0 win

Derby (bottom placed Prem-side 08; last year this was Watford)

07/08= 0-0 draw

08/09= 1-1 draw

Coventry away

07/08= 3-0 win

08/09= 3-0 win

QPR home

07/08= 2-2 draw

08/09= 1-1 draw

ANd as for the league cup we also have gone out at the same stage as last year. Granted it was to a league one team which is not good, but it still means our start to the season is more or less the same.

It also means that a point or three in our next game (Cardiff away) is an improvement on last year, so let's be positive!

Hornbeam, by Christ you were right when you said this leaving this avo. Thankfully I cant find Radio Briz, hen we're leaving the fair city after a home game, if I could, I'd get a serious case of road rage!! Put up with a pair of DF's during the Derby game (Same DF's didnt obviously read the player about positive support for the lads, oh well!) who bitched about LJ all game, and Sproule, Weale and others. Christ why do you moanin DF's go to the damn game????? We played well, despite having several first choice players injured.

Let me see playing well, and failing under Wonderson, or winning game after game under GJ??? which would you prefer??

Please stop going if you can do is fkn MOAN!!!!!

Excellent post. :yes:

I agree where the comments are negative and lack perspective - such as "we were rubbish" or "after today it is going to be a long hard season" blah blah blah. But people also need to realise that even when the team is doing well (and we have a decent top half Championship standard team in my opinion) there is no harm whatsoever in putting forward suggestions to improve the team further to make that next step forward that many people are hoping for. I think what many people were disappointed with yesterday was not the fact that we failed to beat ten men but the cack handed way we went about it for the most part - that doesn't make us a bad team at all but we shouldn't be oblivious to our failings as a team either. With a bit more cutting edge we could have had 12 points from four games and whilst that may come across as greedy you can bet your life that GJ sees it that way too!!

Archived