IGNORED

Dele Adebola An Inspiration

Red Robin

Haveing watched all game 4 games in the championship so far,Big Dele leads by example.

Coventry,QPR the guy was man of the match by a mile.KEEP IT UP BIG MAN your a credit to the game.

Young Maynard on the other hand could take a huge leap in following BIG DELE.

So far I have seen nothing to justify a 2 million plus price tag the guy lacks presence,pace,and does not seem motivated even at his young and tender age.

Steve Brooker must have been pulling his nails out today,All could see Maynard was not up to the job,SB is scoring every time he plays and should be given preference over Maynard.

Maynard has cost a lot of money,how ever DB and SB should be given a run and let young Maynard earn his place,he has come into the team on his price tag alone,that surely should not guarantee his spot he needs to proove his worth and earn his place.

We have learnt with LEE TRUNDLE that a proven scorer at League 1 level does not guarantee goals in the championship,this young lad has got a lot to proove not just to us fans sitting in the stands,but also to himself that he can take himself to the next level.

This is something only he can do,hopefully he will show his worth,however the four games so far it is no where near good enough.

Learn from big Dele follow in his foot steps,show attitude and passion like him and you will not go far wrong.

Haveing watched all game 4 games in the championship so far,Big Dele leads by example.

Coventry,QPR the guy was man of the match by a mile.KEEP IT UP BIG MAN your a credit to the game.

Young Maynard on the other hand could take a huge leap in following BIG DELE.

So far I have seen nothing to justify a 2 million plus price tag the guy lacks presence,pace,and does not seem motivated even at his young and tender age.

Steve Brooker must have been pulling his nails out today,All could see Maynard was not up to the job,SB is scoring every time he plays and should be given preference over Maynard.

Maynard has cost a lot of money,how ever DB and SB should be given a run and let young Maynard earn his place,he has come into the team on his price tag a lone,that surely should not guarantee his spot he needs to prove his worth and earn his place.

We have learnt with LEE TRUNDLE that a proven scorer at League 1 level does not guarantee goals in the championship,this young lad has got a lot to proove not just to us fans sitting in the stands,but also to himself that he can take himself to the next level.

This is something only he can do,hopefully he will show his worth,however the four games so far it is no where near good enough.

Learn from big Dele follow in his foot steps,show attitude and passion like him and you will not go far wrong.

Don't agree.

For Bristol City to fork out £2.25m on a player you can bet he was watched a number of times, to establish his patern of play, strengths and weaknesses. Now I'm pretty sure Crewe Alexandra have a reputation for playing passing football, not so sure Maynard was expected to be a target man.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but I saw Maynard have to challange constantly for 50 / 50 balls in the air against a big centre half. Sure that's part of the game and I don't expect him to have a free lunch, but the point has to be that he was brought to club because he has certian atributes in and around the penalty box and is an instinctive finisher. He was not brought to hustle and busstle and play the target man. Of course Adelbola will do that sort of thing much better than Maynard that is his game. You can't judge the bloke on that chriteria otherwise he should never have been bought becuase that is not his style.

Trundle is the same, before the match in the Dolman bar the highlights of last season was shown, Trundle's goals all came about by having the ball to feet around the box not chassing a percentage ball down the channel.

If you are goinng to pay £1m and £2.25m for players surely you play to their strengths?????

Don't agree.

For Bristol City to fork out £2.25m on a player you can bet he was watched a number of times, to establish his patern of play, strengths and weaknesses. Now I'm pretty sure Crewe Alexandra have a reputation for playing passing football, not so sure Maynard was expected to be a target man.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but I saw Maynard have to challange constantly for 50 / 50 balls in the air against a big centre half. Sure that's part of the game and I don't expect him to have a free lunch, but the point has to be that he was brought to club because he has certian atributes in and around the penalty box and is an instinctive finisher. He was not brought to hustle and busstle and play the target man. Of course Adelbola will do that sort of thing much better than Maynard that is his game. You can't judge the bloke on that chriteria otherwise he should never have been bought becuase that is not his style.

Trundle is the same, before the match in the Dolman bar the highlights of last season was shown, Trundle's goals all came about by having the ball to feet around the box not chassing a percentage ball down the channel.

If you are goinng to pay £1m and £2.25m for players surely you play to their strengths?????

Agree you play to a players strengths,I do not expect him to play the same game as Dele different striker,how ever what I am saying above is he needs to show more interest,get in the right positions,and generally needs to improve his work rate.The guy at present does not justify a 2 million price tag.Ten games will give us a better idea on him.

Agree with that. Kept a close eye on him today, and he put a fair bit of work in, but he was always chasing high balls we lashed into the area. Get it on the ground a little more, and I think we might see why GJ thought he was worth so much money. I saw a glimpse pof it in the second half today when he managed to weave out of a very tight situation down by the corner flag with a sublime piece of magic.

I suspect there's a lot more of that to come if we play to his strengths.

Dele is quality

not technically great but his work rate, strength and intelligent channell running make him a total nightmare to defend against.

If Akinde does turn up next week, then theres no doubt Dele could be the perfect teacher to show him how to use his raw pace and strength to the maximum

Agree you play to a players strengths,I do not expect him to play the same game as Dele different striker,how ever what I am saying above is he needs to show more interest,get in the right positions,and generally needs to improve his work rate.The guy at present does not justify a 2 million price tag.Ten games will give us a better idea on him.

I didn't see any lack of interest yesterday by Maynard. He chased around and hassled their defenders but was basically starved of the sort of passes he earns his money from.

Maynard is an opportunist striker. He thrives on through balls in the box. He can make the space for himself and it's up to the rest of the team to deliver the ball where he needs it in order for him to be most effective.

The reason he does not justify his price tag is because we're not giving him the opportunity to score.

Oh, and yes Adebola was outstanding again yesterday, but then it was his sort of game, wasn't it?

The right positions? What, like on the half-way line? There was a breakdown in any meaningful creativity barely inside the QPR half, Maynard had no chance in the second half. When we actually got the ball down and passed it about a bit, he looked very good.

Big Dele had a fantastic game yesterday - man of the match by a country mile. The way he often took on 2 and even 3 QPR defenders to win the ball was awesome. A great goal he did score in front of the Atyeo stand by powerfully beating the QPR defence and the goalie to the ball to score a traditional big centre forwards goal. I thought I was watching the legendary Big John Galley from the early 1970's the way Dele played for us yesterday. :winner_third_h4h:

must admit the big fella has certainly been putting himself about and has been instrumental in our current form this season. can,t see there will be many defenders who are going to relish coming up against him tbh well done dele :worship2:

A good piccie from the official BCFC website to prove my point - Big Dele Adebola beats 2 QPR defenders to win the ball :winner_third_h4h: ......the piccie is in the second column of the second row in the collage......

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/Gallery/0,,10327~1377160,00.html

Going to get shot down for this, but it's my oppion I think Dele is our problom. Our football and wing play since he joined in Jan has coincided with us playing football of knowhere near the queality we were seeing at the start of last season particularly down the flanks! We seem to go through the middle and always look for Dele rather than play through teams!

Not knocking Dele as he does what he does well, but for me we play better without him and do not play to Maynards strengths!

Going to get shot down for this, but it's my oppion I think Dele is our problom. Our football and wing play since he joined in Jan has coincided with us playing football of knowhere near the queality we were seeing at the start of last season particularly down the flanks! We seem to go through the middle and always look for Dele rather than play through teams!

Not knocking Dele as he does what he does well, but for me we play better without him and do not play to Maynards strengths!

True enough, we're often playing the high ball to Dele instead of the through ball on the deck to Maynard. If Maynard gets to feed off the high balls that Dele can win in the air this forward pairing will bring lots of goals.

Maynard needs to play a long side Dele and not miles away from him,yesterday it was as if Maynard did not know Dele was his strike partner,Dele will win 90% of the balls directed at him weather it been on the floor or in the air,Maynard needs to be closer to take advantage of this,hopefully the master will teach the pupil this very quickly.

Archived