IGNORED

Keegan Left Newcastle

ashbrisc11

Because I'm sure Gary would simply love to have the club's transfer policy dictated to him by Dennis Wise and a couple of other no-marks.

If Keegan's leaving it's because other people are controlling things that should be the manager's remit. I can't see Gary standing for that any more then Keegan.

He would be mad not to take it if offered. Not likely though, they can happily go and spend millions on someone who has top class managerial pedigree and have no need to gamble on a relatively successful manager from the lower divisions.

Its difficult to think what type of job he would get in the premier to be honest, but if poached i would guess it would need to be an established one for him to go with chances to improve, maybe in the wigan/boro /bolton type...

He would be mad not to take it if offered. Not likely though, they can happily go and spend millions on someone who has top class managerial pedigree and have no need to gamble on a relatively successful manager from the lower divisions.

Its difficult to think what type of job he would get in the premier to be honest, but if poached i would guess it would need to be an established one for him to go with chances to improve, maybe in the wigan/boro /bolton type...

It's a gamble whoever gets pulled in - I think most of the big name managers in the Prem would struggle big time in the Championship - and a chequebook coach like Keegan is a prime example.

Thing is, fans get sucked into the optimism of a big name appointment so it keeps them off the boards back for a few months.

If anyone appointed GJ or someone else without top league experience, most Prem fans would be complaining from day 1 .

It's a gamble whoever gets pulled in - I think most of the big name managers in the Prem would struggle big time in the Championship - and a chequebook coach like Keegan is a prime example.

Eh? Keegan is anything but a chequebook coach. His one real "success" as a manager came when he took over a side struggling at the bottom of what is now the Championship and built a side out of players largely from unfashionable clubs (like Bristol City), and from abroad. At one point he even had to sell his top scorer to try and move the team forward.

It was when he started spending big that things started to go wrong.

Eh? Keegan is anything but a chequebook coach. His one real "success" as a manager came when he took over a side struggling at the bottom of what is now the Championship and built a side out of players largely from unfashionable clubs (like Bristol City), and from abroad. At one point he even had to sell his top scorer to try and move the team forward.

Wasn't he given a nice fat chequebook at Fulham?

Sorry, but I think Keegan is a crap manager and the ultimate quitter - he can't live on what he did all those years ago at Newcastle.

Anyway this is about GJ not KK

I seem to remember that Newcastle side having an awful lot of money. Not too sure about when KK first took over but they stayed up thanks to a last minute own goal, got promoted by signing the likes of Andy Cole for huge money and then did very well by signing the likes of Shearer, Ferdinand, Fox, Ginola etc etc. for huge money. He did well at Fulham with huge money (not sure if his signings but Peschisolido, Coleman etc.) His first real test (the title challenge with Man Utd) he blew, he was awful as England manager, awful at Man City and been pretty awful at Newcastle since his return.

Orange sport said Dennis Wise was hot favourite to take over at 2-1.

Hopefully they wont think to move for Gary as I have no idea who we could replace him with.

And of course he's got us promoted the the second tier of english football which Danny and Tins failed to do :englandsmile4wf:

Dennis Wise hot fav . wow that would be a surprise . Newcastle fans will be on his back from the start .

Thought the views ever since he went up there were very anti - Wise .

Think it was only myself and Mr Malone who said last time that Keegan would get the job up there when he was about

50 / 1 . Has'nt made the impact everyone expected and still the buys are mediocre whatever input he's had .

So who will get it , no not G.J .

Alan Shearer ? maybe but thought he ruled himself out last time . Will it be a foreign manager ?

The rumour mill will have started already and anyone and everyone is and will be mentioned .

Martin O'Neill my bet .

The springer in the market is David Moyes.

He's come in from 20/1 to 8/1 in the last few minutes.

I'd suspect he'll take the job eventually and then Everton will go after Bilic.

GJ doesn't even feature on the odds list, thanks to the Premier League chairmen's penchant for bringing in a name, rather than looking at managerial records.

Bryan Robson is more likely to get the job than GJ, for that very reason.

Dennis Wise hot fav . wow that would be a surprise . Newcastle fans will be on his back from the start .

Thought the views ever since he went up there were very anti - Wise .

Think it was only myself and Mr Malone who said last time that Keegan would get the job up there when he was about

50 / 1 . Has'nt made the impact everyone expected and still the buys are mediocre whatever input he's had .

So who will get it , no not G.J .

Alan Shearer ? maybe but thought he ruled himself out last time . Will it be a foreign manager ?

The rumour mill will have started already and anyone and everyone is and will be mentioned .

Martin O'Neill my bet .

Who gives a damn provided it doesn't affect us?

Most overrated club/fans in the Prem - 'Geordie nation' my arse.

Dennis Wise will apparently get it, fine by me. Johnson wasn't even mentioned on the odd's.

:rofl2br: Is Mike Ashley an incompetent retard? How did he make his money again, did he win the lotto, because the guy is too much of a tool to have make it by himself. oh yes, he had a very rich daddy.. that helps.

I feel for Newcastle fans, such passion going to waste on a shit declining football club and an owner who should stick to flogging tennis rackets.

So keegans chucked his toys out the pram and left, :disapointed2se:

Nothing new there then, :badmood:

What a joke giving him the job in the first place, :grr:

Newcastle only ever sign players that are on there way out anyway........ :nono:

NEXT?

on their way out and still cost Newcastle big bucks .

They throw the money at some crap signings over the last 10 or so years . More fool the Chairman .

WARNING .. WARNING - Football managers can damage your wealth :whistle2:

:rofl2br: Is Mike Ashley an incompetent retard? How did he make his money again, did he win the lotto, because the guy is too much of a tool to have make it by himself. oh yes, he had a very rich daddy.. that helps.

Wow is all i can say. Go read how Mike Ashley made his money then come back and try to justify that comment.

The springer in the market is David Moyes.

He's come in from 20/1 to 8/1 in the last few minutes.

I'd suspect he'll take the job eventually and then Everton will go after Bilic.

GJ doesn't even feature on the odds list, thanks to the Premier League chairmen's penchant for bringing in a name, rather than looking at managerial records.

Bryan Robson is more likely to get the job than GJ, for that very reason.

Moyes is an interesting shout but he could well find that its the old frying pan/fire scenario with the Geordies record in the transfer market, particularly under Mike Ashley.

Moyes is an interesting shout but he could well find that its the old frying pan/fire scenario with the Geordies record in the transfer market, particularly under Mike Ashley.

I think Moyes was close to leaving Everton anyway with how they have fared in the transfer market - Newcastle at this time would be a decent move for him because Ashley clearly won't tolerate endless spend now, and Moyes is very good at managing to a budget - unlike the Messiah.

Mind you, did Fergie ever appoint a number 2?

Aren't we past these silly knee jerk reactions yet?

There will be lots of managers sacked this season, I don't think we need one of these threads every time it happens.

GJ is going nowhere for two simple reasons.

1) He's not someone to leave a job unfinished and will stay whilst he feels he can make more progress here.

2) No Prem club would appoint him because he hasn't managed at the top level yet and isn't a big name in the game. Prem clubs require one or the other preferably both.

Geordies only want geordie legends, KK is one the other is Shearer and once those have been tried then perhaps they will join the real world again.

Not for a while yet - there's Jimmy Nail and that bloke who does the voice over for Big Brother to appoint first...

Aren't we past these silly knee jerk reactions yet?

There will be lots of managers sacked this season, I don't think we need one of these threads every time it happens.

GJ is going nowhere for two simple reasons.

1) He's not someone to leave a job unfinished and will stay whilst he feels he can make more progress here.

I cant agree here, I do think it would need to be a significant step up, but he is ambitious both for us and for himself. If a big gun came in, he would go

2) No Prem club would appoint him because he hasn't managed at the top level yet and isn't a big name in the game. Prem clubs require one or the other preferably both.

I agree

He's turned down significant step ups in the past for the same reason. Coventry and Derby whilst at Yeovil for example.

Newcastle and the Prem is a different world though isn't it and I can't think of any manager in the Championship who would turn that job down- academic however because it will never happen.

So keegans chucked his toys out the pram and left, :disapointed2se:

Nothing new there then, :badmood:

What a joke giving him the job in the first place, :grr:

Newcastle only ever sign players that are on there way out anyway........ :nono:

NEXT?

According to Sky News he was sacked. I think he was starting to turn things around for them. Newcastle fans not happy.

a) there is no chance in hell that Mike Ashley would offer him the job........as it wouldn't please the fans, who will want a big name

b) even if offered the job, It is highly unlikely he would even consider it due the same reasons that Keegan left, which is mainly due to not being involved in Transfers, the James Milner situation was nothing short of a joke.

silly thread, barely worth discussing

Archived