IGNORED

Why Are We Playing Sheffiled United Twice In October?

Sticks

In the 60s, one season saw clubs playing others just one week apart; eg QPR away on the 3rd and home on the 10th. The idea was not popular though and hasn't been repeated in the 40 years since.

way back in time clubs would play against eachother on Christmas day and Boxing day. I think. Couldn't be bothered to Google and find out.

Ipswich and Palarse last year were within weeks of each other.

Unfortunately when you're taking requests from 72 clubs to have certain games on certain days etc and avoiding certain times it's always going to throw up things like this. I read something in 442 (i think) about how it's all done and it's quite interesting actually....

*gets coat*

Ipswich and Palarse last year were within weeks of each other.

Unfortunately when you're taking requests from 72 clubs to have certain games on certain days etc and avoiding certain times it's always going to throw up things like this. I read something in 442 (i think) about how it's all done and it's quite interesting actually....

*gets coat*

No need for your coat.

I indeed, saw that delightfully confusing article. :innocent06:

Although generally variation in the fixture list is a good thing as we get to see new teams and new players on a regular basis and get to see how teams have developed through the course of the season having a quick turn around of fixtures every now and then is not a bad thing in my opinion as it can create a bit of a grudge match where other wise this might not have existed.

After what happened in the first Palace game we all really wanted to beat them because it was fresh in the memory even though it was a relatively narrow defeat.

I think that we would have really wanted to beat Ipswich anyway even it was miles after because no-one forgets a game like that!

way back in time clubs would play against eachother on Christmas day and Boxing day. I think. Couldn't be bothered to Google and find out.

You are quite right and it also happened at Easter. One year City lost 4-1(?) at Home Park and won the home game v Plymouth the following day by the same score. Tony Cook was in goal for the defeat and Anderson replaced him the next day.

Archived