IGNORED

Was Ernest Bevin A Bcfc Supporter?

Mr Mosquito

Whilst on the subject of dictators, despots, war criminals and mass-murderers surely we can all agree that the actions of Cromwell in Ireland were as bad as any ..

...a bit of a 'politically correct' Lab-Con response if ever there was one.

Maybe it was the Tony Blair regime that put the Yanks up to the second Iraq war. Without the Blair regime's commitment to the war in Iraq I don't believe the Yanks would have risked going in. It was also very noticeable that Blair sent his son Euwen from Bristol University to the Bahamas when the war kicked off. There have been people on this thread moaning about my Uncle Joe Stalin Red Army replies - some of them Blair/Thatcher lovers no doubt - Stalin's son died fighting the Germans, Stalin didn't send his son to the safety of the Bahamas as Blair did.

Also Margaret Thatcher, another vile ruler that satisfies that criteria. Her beloved illegal arms dealer son Mark was well away from the Falklands when that war kicked off. Margaret Thatcher was even seen crying on National TV when her thicko Toff Harrow educated son got lost in the desert !!!!!! In contrast, Oliver Cromwell led from the front where Oliver's son 'Oliver' (1622-1644), died of typhoid fever while serving as a Parliamentarian officer. Joe Stalin also knew the risks and stayed in Moscow while others fled as the Germans were at the gates of Moscow.

...a bit of a 'politically correct' Lab-Con response if ever there was one.

Also Margaret Thatcher, another vile ruler that satisfies that criteria. Her beloved illegal arms dealer son Mark was well away from the Falklands when that war kicked off. Margaret Thatcher was even seen crying on National TV when her thicko Toff Harrow educated son got lost in the desert !!!!!!

You don't think a mother should have concerns for her son's safety - whether he's a 'Harrow educated toff ' or not - what a class concious #### you must be.

There were only a few thousand Brits anywhere near the Falklands, and that's all it took to recover our territory from a tinpot military junta .

You don't think a mother should have concerns for her son's safety - whether he's a 'Harrow educated toff ' or not - what a class concious #### you must be.

I can't imagine Margaret Thatcher with any concern for anyone else and there lies my point. Actually, I very much like Mark Thatcher especially as he's a continuing source of embarrassment to his mother Margaret Thatcher. Well done to Karen McVeigh of the Scotsman for the following article :winner_third_h4h: .......

http://news.scotsman.com/ViewArticle.aspx?articleid=2558543

My favourite cheese is Dutch Leerdammer. :farmer:

Wishy-washy, noveau Euro, plasti-tripe ... they used to advertise that "the taste was in the holes" and they were right! ... would you have had you down as more of a Cheddar fundamentalist RG.

Can't rely on anything these days.

Wishy-washy, noveau Euro, plasti-tripe ... they used to advertise that "the taste was in the holes" and they were right! ... would you have had you down as more of a Cheddar fundamentalist RG.

Can't rely on anything these days.

Cheddar cheese is a bit too rich for me. Yep OK, I've bowed to European Union pressure and got a taste for a Dutch cheese. Anyway, better to eat cheese with holes in it - afterall cheese is very fattening and those holes contain no calories. :dancing6:

Cheddar cheese is a bit too rich for me. Yep OK, I've bowed to European Union pressure and got a taste for a Dutch cheese. Anyway, better to eat cheese with holes in it - afterall cheese is very fattening and those holes contain no calories. :dancing6:

What about the bloody football. Politics has no place in sport. My god the thread has spiralled into well cant say really but its not bloody football.

Red Army

What about the bloody football. Politics has no place in sport. My god the thread has spiralled into well cant say really but its not bloody football.

Red Army

I know I'm easily sidetracked but I was originally trying to find out if Ernest Bevin was a BCFC supporter. OK, politics may have no place in sport but a lot of top clubs are/were supported by famous celebrities and politicians. The Queen's mother supported Arsenal, Michael Foot supports Plymouth and Neil Kinnock is regularly seen watching Baaaadiff. Amazingly, there's the piccie of Bristol born General Slim - that I posted on Sunday in this thread - used in a full page article on him in yesterday's Bristol Evening Post (Monday 8th September 2008) on page 4. Could General Slim have been a City supporter? If so, he was a Field Marshal - the same rank as Joe Stalin of the Soviet Red Army.

General Slim as featured in yesterday's Evening Post......

slim1.gif

Anyway, I'll end this response the same way as you with a BCFC-socio-political-military response.....

Red Army !!!!!!!!

I know I'm easily sidetracked but I was originally trying to find out if Ernest Bevin was a BCFC supporter. OK, politics may have no place in sport but a lot of top clubs are/were supported by famous celebrities and politicians. The Queen's mother supported Arsenal, Michael Foot supports Plymouth and Neil Kinnock is regularly seen watching Baaaadiff. Amazingly, there's the piccie of Bristol born General Slim - that I posted on Sunday in this thread - used in a full page article on him in yesterday's Bristol Evening Post (Monday 8th September 2008) on page 4. Could General Slim have been a City supporter? If so, he was a Field Marshal - the same rank as Joe Stalin of the Soviet Red Army.

General Slim as featured in yesterday's Evening Post......

slim1.gif

Anyway, I'll end this response the same way as you with a BCFC-socio-political-military response.....

Red Army !!!!!!!!

Well this post has become infamous now read by comic who is nearly a list. Mentioned it in a recent interview.

Well i can see this thread could run run and run. Whenever i hear red army now down the gate i will always have a little chuckle to myself.

Red Army.

Top post. Any news on E.Bevan?

In 1940 Adolf Hitler claimed that Bristol had been completely destroyed following a night of intensive bombing on November 2nd in which 5.000 incendiary and 10.000 high explosive bombs were dropped on the centre of our old city. On November 24th, the entire area that is now Castle Park was destroyed in a bombing raid. During World War 2, 1,299 people in Bristol were killed by German bombing. About 3,000 buildings were destroyed and 90,000 were damaged. Then dear old Uncle Joe Stalin entered the equation. So never forget the contribution of Uncle Joe Stalin in wreaking a terrible vengeance on the German enemies of our Bristolian Grandparents' generation........

The Eastern Front was without question the pivotal theatre of World War 2. For 4 years, more than 400 Red Army and German divisions clashed in an unrelenting series of military operations over a front extending more than 1,000 miles. At its most intense, the war in the West was fought between just 15 Allied and 15 German divisions. Almost 90% of the German military dead fell on the Eastern Front. In July 1943, in the decisive battle of the war, the Soviets permanently broke the Germans' capacity for large-scale attack at Kursk.

Uncle Joe Stalin orchestrated every level of the Soviet war effort from the miraculous economic recovery to high diplomacy with Churchill and Roosevelt and to operational planning. Uncle Joe Stalin encouraged argument from, and increasingly heeded the counsel of, the remarkable group of military advisers with whom he surrounded himself: Zhukov, Chief of Staff Alexander Vasilevsky, and Chief of Operations Aleksei Antonov. These were all men of penetrating intelligence, exceptional abilities, and extraordinary character. With this triumvirate, along with such commanders as Konstantin Rokossovsky, Stalin put in the service of his state the finest generals of World War 2.

Joe Stalin and General Zhukov review the glorious and victorious Red Army at Lenin's Tomb :winner_third_h4h: ......

ZhukovStalin.jpg

In 1940 Adolf Hitler claimed that Bristol had been completely destroyed following a night of intensive bombing on November 2nd in which 5.000 incendiary and 10.000 high explosive bombs were dropped on the centre of our old city. On November 24th, the entire area that is now Castle Park was destroyed in a bombing raid. During World War 2, 1,299 people in Bristol were killed by German bombing. About 3,000 buildings were destroyed and 90,000 were damaged. Then dear old Uncle Joe Stalin entered the equation. So never forget the contribution of Uncle Joe Stalin in wreaking a terrible vengeance on the German enemies of our Bristolian Grandparents' generation........

The Eastern Front was without question the pivotal theatre of World War 2. For 4 years, more than 400 Red Army and German divisions clashed in an unrelenting series of military operations over a front extending more than 1,000 miles. At its most intense, the war in the West was fought between just 15 Allied and 15 German divisions. Almost 90% of the German military dead fell on the Eastern Front. In July 1943, in the decisive battle of the war, the Soviets permanently broke the Germans' capacity for large-scale attack at Kursk.

Uncle Joe Stalin orchestrated every level of the Soviet war effort from the miraculous economic recovery to high diplomacy with Churchill and Roosevelt and to operational planning. Uncle Joe Stalin encouraged argument from, and increasingly heeded the counsel of, the remarkable group of military advisers with whom he surrounded himself: Zhukov, Chief of Staff Alexander Vasilevsky, and Chief of Operations Aleksei Antonov. These were all men of penetrating intelligence, exceptional abilities, and extraordinary character. With this triumvirate, along with such commanders as Konstantin Rokossovsky, Stalin put in the service of his state the finest generals of World War 2.

Joe Stalin and General Zhukov review the glorious and victorious Red Army at Lenin's Tomb :winner_third_h4h: ......

ZhukovStalin.jpg

Mr Goblin, where do you cut and paste all your 'information' from? Great, informative stuff as it is, I cant help but feel there should be a bibliography at the end of all your emails...

PS Keep up the good work though!

Mr Goblin, where do you cut and paste all your 'information' from? Great, informative stuff as it is, I cant help but feel there should be a bibliography at the end of all your emails...

Keep up the good work???? Sick to death of this double yolker posting his pro-communist pony on this forum about football.

I will never post my political views on here....it's a BCFC football forum FFS!!!!

Red Goblin is clearly a loyal red (city fan), so fair play. But this forum isn't a conduit to propagate ones sociological or political views. So can we keep this site as a discussion about BCFC....not one to nosh off Marx, Stalin, Trotsky, Lenin, Brezhnev, Castro, Pot etc etc?

If you care about that shit, then I am sure relevant forums are available!

I come on this forum to talk about BCFC, not to exchange discourse on how society should/shouldnt be run!

Getting very boring now!!!!!

(Please beat Cardiff btw!)

Oooops sorry, information edited by me - not cut and pasted - from the following websites:

Did Uncle Joe Win the War? by Charles Ganske, link:

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h...m%3D1%26hl%3Den

&

Pictorial Record of Bristol's History 1940 - 1960

http://weldgen.tripod.com/bristol-history/id6.html

Keep up the good work???? Sick to death of this double yolker posting his pro-communist pony on this forum about football.

I will never post my political views on here....it's a BCFC football forum FFS!!!!

You what? You have just posted a political viewpoint - think about it. :icecream:

Anyway, Ashton Gate - home of Bristol City FC - circa 1941 after a German bombing raid.........

39544055.jpg

Joe Stalin's shock troops - THE RED ARMY - closing in on the Berlin bunker of the man - Adolf Hitler himself - who ordered the bombing of Bristol and Ashton Gate........

800px-Soviet_soldier_metro.jpg

Keep the Red Flag flying high - on the roof of Hitler's Reichstag :winner_third_h4h: .......

300px-Soviet_flag_on_the_Reichstag_roof_unaltered.jpg

I'm Goblin's Brother.

I note that there's been a lot of criticism of Goblin for his support of Joe Stalin.

I know for a fact that our Grandfather, who was a staunch City Supporter from St Judes Bristol, was absolutely delighted with Joe Stalin and his regime for killing more Germans than our Grandfather's RAF.

Goblin idolised our dear departed Grandfather and like our Grandfather he will follow Bristol City FC 'til death.

I'm Goblin's Brother.

I note that there's been a lot of criticism of Goblin for his support of Joe Stalin.

I would suggest that as we live in a democracy, your brother is entitled to support whichever political system he chooses.

But pasting ones politics all over a public football forum is something else entirely.

I would suggest that as we live in a democracy, your brother is entitled to support whichever political system he chooses.

But pasting ones politics all over a public football forum is something else entirely.

Pasting your perception of 'democracy' over a football forum is also 'something else entirely'. The first principle of democracy is that all members of the society have equal access to power and the second that all members enjoy universally recognized freedoms and liberties. Well, the head of state - i.e. the Queen - in this country is not elected but in power by 'birthright'. The chamber of government in this country known as 'The House of Lords' is also unelected by the people. We do not, therefore, have equal access to power.

As for universally recognized freedoms and liberties - where's my right to stand and sing on terracing at football as enjoyed by our forefathers ???!!!!!! This country is now no more than a European Union run Police state. We'd have more freedom under Joe Stalin. Can't see that Uncle Joe Stalin would be too bothered if a few bankers responsible for the current collapse of our financial system were shot through the back of the head. :whistle2:

Pasting your perception of 'democracy' over a football forum is also 'something else entirely'. The first principle of democracy is that all members of the society have equal access to power and the second that all members enjoy universally recognized freedoms and liberties. Well, the head of state - i.e. the Queen - in this country is not elected but in power by 'birthright'. The chamber of government in this country known as 'The House of Lords' is also unelected by the people. We do not, therefore, have equal access to power.

As for universally recognized freedoms and liberties - where's my right to stand and sing on terracing at football as enjoyed by our forefathers ???!!!!!! This country is now no more than a European Union run Police state. We'd have more freedom under Joe Stalin. Can't see that Uncle Joe Stalin would be too bothered if a few bankers responsible for the current collapse of our financial system were shot through the back of the head. :whistle2:

So then Gobbers, Was Ernest Bevin A Bcfc Supporter??? If its been posted already then I missed it somewhere within the political debate... :surrender:

I terms of current strategies for world domination we do of course have Scudamore who is much more dangerous than Putin and in the minds of bright tv soccer pundits probably better known.

I note from Wikipedia that Banksy is one of ours as well - not sure I want him either.

I quite like Bansky. One of his stencils is by God's Garden (Spike Island nr Bemmie Bridge)

I quite like Bansky. One of his stencils is by God's Garden (Spike Island nr Bemmie Bridge)

I'm still no nearer to knowing whether Ernest Bevin was a BCFC supporter. Anyway, Banksy is a superhero as he's at the top of the Premier League in terms of socio/political art - just where this club should be in football terms. Awesome :winner_third_h4h: ......

letthemeatcrack.jpg

Archived