IGNORED

Where Was Basso Off To?

TryAgain

I was dropping a relative off at Bristol Airport this evening and saw Basso making his way through the terminal with a young lady at about 18:15 hrs.

There was a flight to Newcastle around that time, surely he wouldn't be allowed to disappear out of the country. It's only one weekend that we are missing.

I was dropping a relative off at Bristol Airport this evening and saw Basso making his way through the terminal with a young lady at about 18:15 hrs.

There was a flight to Newcastle around that time, surely he wouldn't be allowed to disappear out of the country. It's only one weekend that we are missing.

I heard he was 1st choice for the Newcastle job :whistle2:

Why shouldn't Gary let him pop home to Brazil to see the family for a few days? It's over a week till the next match, and he gets little time the rest of the year to take off and go back and see family and friends. Might do him some good.

Footballers are normal people....they are allowed time off for recreational activities and that includes weekend breaks

I doubt he has gone to Brazil....by the time he gets there he would have to fly back and the jet lag would #### him up and we don't need that.

Also I don't blame him for wanting to escape the crap weather in Bristol :rain:

passports req'd for newcastle now that Kev's gone? shambles. :disapointed2se:

doesnt he usually visit a few of his mates in the brazil national team? anyone know if/who then are playing this weekend?

I think they're playing in Brazil...there was all that cr4p on Robinho on SSN ant they kept saying he had flown to Brazil.

Maybe he's had a secret call up to the England squad :fingerscrossed:

The runways too short...i think you can only get to about New York unless you go via. somewhere

Amsterdam I think, bit odd I know, you start by traveling the wrong way.....

But yeah, you cant fly to Brazil then, thats why Bristol Airport wanted to extend the Runway so they use better aircraft to fly to further locations.

Maybe he was on a small trip to Barcelona or somewhere like that, I really wouldn't look to much into it..

:icecream:

I saw Timmy Mallet hearding towards London today - perhaps he is going to replace Fiona Phillips on the couch at GMTV???

I also saw Bradley Orr coming out of Ikea, thats near the rovers ground - maybe he is going to sign for them?

Its easy to read too much into something - perhaps we should just let the players have a personal life! Perhaps Basso is a closet airoplane enthusiast and just gets a kick out of watching them and being on them?????

Who knows? But it doesnt really matter does it!!!!

Perhaps GJ has given them a nice long weekend of after such a good start to the season so they come back refreshed and motivated to kick on

Perhaps GJ has given them a nice long weekend of after such a good start to the season so they come back refreshed and motivated to kick on

Maybe it was an Alien robot sent from 5634ad to take over the planet.

I had a dream once that Basso was going to take over the planet and he did this by flying out from Bristol Airport.

He was send from the fletchsteel planet where he was raised by a family of smart mice.... maybe this could be it?

I recall him saying in the past, that he has a few close friends from back home that play in the German league, i remember he popped over to see them last season as well during a break.

Well, that's the official line..

As there's bugger all to post on at present, I think this definitely means a loan swap with Bayern and we get Frank Ribery.

Why didn't you follow him ? You could have quickly bought a ticket, jumped on the plane sat a few seats behind him not to alert him, got off the other end and Emailed us with his destination and what he's upto as soon as you got there.. :whistle2:

Its easy to read too much into something - perhaps we should just let the players have a personal life! Perhaps Basso is a closet airoplane enthusiast and just gets a kick out of watching them and being on them?????

"Adriano Basso in planespotting shocker!!!"

Oh my God, was he carrying a notepad and wearing an anorak with a small flask in the pocket full of weak lemon drink?!?

It's not the size of the runway that stops flights from Bristol - Brazil, it's the demand.

You can fly to Florida from Bristol which is no further than Brazil, just over 4000 miles to each.

Actually, I don't think you can fly direct to Florida from Bristol. I understand it requires a change.

And the size of the runway is a factor, though it's also due to commercial demand and physical slots available in the schedule.

The fact is, Bristol's runway is not long enough for jumbos like the Boeing 747, or the Airbus A380, and the majority of long-haul trips are flown by these aircraft. Interestingly, Filton's runway is long enough!

While twin-engined aircraft may have a range that would allow them to fly the distance, I believe that there is also an aviation authority requirement that states that no twin-engined aircraft may be more than one hour from an airport at any time during its flight, which precludes them from flying directly across an ocean the size of the Atlantic or Pacific.

Actually, I don't think you can fly direct to Florida from Bristol. I understand it requires a change.

And the size of the runway is a factor, though it's also due to commercial demand and physical slots available in the schedule.

The fact is, Bristol's runway is not long enough for jumbos like the Boeing 747, or the Airbus A380, and the majority of long-haul trips are flown by these aircraft. Interestingly, Filton's runway is long enough!

While twin-engined aircraft may have a range that would allow them to fly the distance, I believe that there is also an aviation authority requirement that states that no twin-engined aircraft may be more than one hour from an airport at any time during its flight, which precludes them from flying directly across an ocean the size of the Atlantic or Pacific.

You can fly direct from Bristol to Orlando on a 767, I believe.

You can fly direct from Bristol to Orlando on a 767, I believe.

I have no idea what plane i was on BUT when i went to Florida from Bristol last summer we had to go via. Manchester because (i think) the runway was too short...we didnt pick any new passnegers up or anything.

Guest MaloneFM
He went to Hartlepool to get off the plane for half an hour then come back.

Ah yes what a classic that was....

Probably going to Manchester to meet Ribinho off the plane before he goes to Eastlands and slap some sense into him

You're quite right! I stand corrected on that. You can fly First Choice direct to Sanford on a Wednesday - cheap too!

Long flight though (11+ hrs), which indicates a bit of a circuitous route over the arctic circle!

perhaps it stops in Bangor, Maine for a re-fuel? nasty.

London-Miami is 8 3/4 hrs tops.

Bristol-Sanford is, if anything, going to be less on a non-stopper. unless the engine uses a

'push u bend back release valve unit'.

Archived