IGNORED

Where Was Basso Off To?

TryAgain

I was dropping a relative off at Bristol Airport this evening and saw Basso making his way through the terminal with a young lady at about 18:15 hrs.

There was a flight to Newcastle around that time, surely he wouldn't be allowed to disappear out of the country. It's only one weekend that we are missing.

Try not to worry too much, they replaced Dakotas aeroplanes flying out from Lulsgate years ago, theyve now got really fast ones.

Actually, I don't think you can fly direct to Florida from Bristol. I understand it requires a change.

And the size of the runway is a factor, though it's also due to commercial demand and physical slots available in the schedule.

The fact is, Bristol's runway is not long enough for jumbos like the Boeing 747, or the Airbus A380, and the majority of long-haul trips are flown by these aircraft. Interestingly, Filton's runway is long enough!

While twin-engined aircraft may have a range that would allow them to fly the distance, I believe that there is also an aviation authority requirement that states that no twin-engined aircraft may be more than one hour from an airport at any time during its flight, which precludes them from flying directly across an ocean the size of the Atlantic or Pacific.

I didn't say the size of the runway isn't a factor in where we can fly, I just said that wasn't why you can't fly to Brazil from Bristol as it's no further than Florida.

Until the A380 took to the skies, the 777 had the furthest range of any commercial aircraft and has two engines, so the "no further than an hour from the airport" thing can't be true.

At the moment the 757 is the largest Boeing that Bristol can accommodate.

well Farnborough in Gloucestershire have a short runway and they can accept and handle The Airbush A380 because there is a video on YouTube of a Airbush A380 Taking Off From Their, so if they can it so can we can at Bristol International Airport.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pgeEnNXK-ZI

No. Bristol can't handle planes like the 380. The Farnborough runway is longer than Bristol's beacause of its Military/MoD past.

well Farnborough in Gloucestershire have a short runway and they can accept and handle The Airbush A380 because there is a video on YouTube of a Airbush A380 Taking Off From Their, so if they can it so can we can at Bristol International Airport.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pgeEnNXK-ZI

Farnborough is in Gloucestershire? Last time I went there it was in Hampshire, and it's got a whacking gurt runway. They also host the country's largest airshow don't you know.

Archived