IGNORED

Ni Vs England World Cup Qualifier

Br 1st ol

Assuming he is picked, do you hope that Tommy:

1. walks all over Scholes/Becks/Gerrard/Lamps, makes them look silly, wins man of the macth and scores a consolation goal, but England win?

Or

2. would you rather he scored the winner with a 30 yard drive past James but England win all other matches and still qualify?

and double's his market value

Good point....city and tommy must have this in mind with reference to any transfer enquiries this summer.

ie Tommy will be getting good exposure in the international season to come playing england twice....this must increase his value sgnificantly....

So assuming we go up, one more season with city to prove himself at div 1 and international level, and the premiership could be his oyster, and city's nest egg!

Has a cracking game even scores a goal, doesn't get injured but is on the loosing side. After all I am English so can't see why I would want N.I to win. If I did then I would be cheering on France on June 13th if we sign a french player.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I hope England destroy them. Tommy will be an enemy for the night I'm afraid. However I'm sure we'll all be very proud of one of our own playing a top international match.

I'll be cheering NI on against Wales though.

1. walks all over Scholes/Becks/Gerrard/Lamps, makes them look silly, wins man of the macth and scores a consolation goal, but England win?

Or

2. would you rather he scored the winner with a 30 yard drive past James but England win all other matches and still qualify?

Who gives a stuff about the England team?

My loyalties are with Tommy everytime.

I hope Tommy has a terrible game against England. Why? Consider the scenario if he has a blinder. Suddenly, all the Prem managers will be alerted to him and he'll be off to pastures new. So, although ormally I would definitely support club over country (doesn't happen too often, does it?) but in this case, no.

Best thing would be for Danny to take a leaf out of Fergie's book and withdraw him from the England games with a trivial injury.

The Wales games, now that's another matter. When is the Wales v NI game at the Mill Stad? And will there be a significant BCFC presence there? :D

Don't want Tommy to go, so in a sense would like him to have a poor game, so no one tries to buy him. At the same time, I dislike everything about the England football squad, so would like to see Tommy walk all over them. It's Tommy, and NI every time. Tommy Tommy Tommy.

Or

England win obviously, and by as wide a margin as possible. I know not every City fan on here is English but for those of us who are there's no choice to make.

If he plays that is..... Sanchez has said he wasn't happy with players withdrawing from a previous squad and if those who did turn up played well then they'd keep their places.

I hope Tommy does O.K. on the day, but i certainly don't want him to score against England.

Flags out for St. George's Day tomorrow. :D

Guest Mr Snufflelufagus

If City get promoted there may be a fair chance Roberts gets called upto the Wales squad so would you all support him against England similar to Tommy v England?

Guest WillsbridgeRed

:D I can't belive there are English people on here that wouldn't want England to do well.

What happend to having pride in your country?

Guest Rikku

Apologies to tommy, but my loyalties are firmly with England on this one. i'm 100% behind the doc when he's wearing a city shirt - not a northern ireland one!!

I hope a central midfield of Lampard and Scholes (can't stand Gerrard) make the N.I. pairing look like the poor football relation they are.

I hope England win about 5-0 and everybody laughs at how a team like N.I. can even be considered worthy competition.

This is my country. Any other outcome is unthinkable. This is nothing to do with Bristol City and any English fans who put Tommy above their country is simply dumbfounding.

Why is it so dumbfounding? What has England ever done for me? They only play over paid premiership players, the whole of the English football media are only interested in the premiership or the first division, so hardly anyone knows who Bristol City are. Apart from football, the leader of England has marched us all into war with Iraq, I have to pay so much money now to go to university that itds not really worth it, so I'm sorry, but I see no point in supporting England, in football, politics, or anything. I do however love Bristol City, and Tommy Doc, and therefore want him to do well. England has never done anything for me, so why should I support them? I've never seen any of their players play, because they're all premiership players, and not in the least bit interested in the lower leagues, and simply laugh at us. The only reason Tommy Doc plays for NI is because when he went to train with the England under 18 squad, they took the mickey out of him for playing for a low division club. Wheres the point in supporting people who do that?

Guest BCFC_DEANO

Or

I'm for England on this one

Tommy will no doubt be putting his country (not his real country) before his club on this one and i'm certainly doing the same.

I would love to see Doc ###### all over Gerrard, Scholes. Mainly because that would mean that Lampard would have to be brought in to replace that ginger pillock.

I wouldn't really care, England hold little interest for me except for i want to see a good game, like when Greece scored their second i was quite happy because it might actually make all those overpaid premadonas actually pull thier fingers out, they didn't bother as usual, but we were saved by one of the few players who cares. Beckham.

City will always, always come before england to me, so working on that logic tommy Doc must come before Gerrard, Scholes and all the rest. But also in that sense i would like Ni to get thrashed with tommy being their only beacon of light, because then few people will notice doc.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

What has England done for you:

"They only play over paid premiership players"

Premiership players are better than the rest however David James was first choice goalie while still at nationwide West Ham.

"the whole of the English football media are only interested in the premiership or the first division"

Well yes because there is more interest from the public in the bigger sides

"the leader of England has marched us all into war with Iraq"

That'll be the leader of the UK, not just England

"I have to pay so much money now to go to university that itds not really worth it"

But you still got a nice FREE education up to that level. And to pay for it, get a part time job?

"but I see no point in supporting England"

It's you country for starters

"politics, "

That's your future

"I've never seen any of their players play, because they're all premiership players"

Well get tickets then, it's not hard. England Vs japan is still available

Sorry to rant I like your posts but I'm very glad most people your age don't share those views

I see your points, and I see where you're coming from. I'm glad there are so many people who are proud to be English. I'm just not. It's not something I've sat down and thought about, and decided not to bother, I just really don't care. I didn't do it on purpose.

Your point about Blair, yes, ok leader of the UK, but again, I'm not really bothered about that. I only have any interest in NI because of Tommy. If he didn't play for them, I probably wouldn't be interested in any of the national teams. This again isn't something I have decided, to annoy people, or out of spite or anything, it's just the way I feel. I can't really help it. You can't get passionate about something if you really don't care. No matter how hard you try.

And yes, I do have a part time job to help me get through Uni, but I can't work enough hours to really make a difference because my lectures are at peculiar times, and no one wants to give me a 2 hour shift, then a 3 hour one later on.

I am very proud to from Bristol though, but to be honest, Bristol could be anywhere in the world, because the country it is in doaesn't bother me, its the city. (And I don't just mean the football club).

Please don't think badly of me. I can't help how I feel. Bristol City are the club I support. Not interested in anything else. I'm sorry. :D

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Fantastic response - I suppose I can't explain why i'm so "patriotic" so can see where you're coming from.

I shouldn't of got on my flag waving high horse, but then can't resist a dig against students :P

"I am very proud to from Bristol though,"

Ahmen

City3Rovers2's view of the national team was actually shared by a hell of a lot of people in the late 70s and 80s - we all kind of wanted England to do well, but the only people who really followed the team passionately were extreme right wing #####. Its only really since the 1990 World Cup semi-final that following England became the big, all-life-comes-to-a-halt deal it is now, for just about the whole country. Go on, C3R2, get into Euro 2004 when it comes around - you know you want to :D

As an Englishman (okay from distant Danish stock but, hey, I'm English) its England for me, but I will be interested in how Tommy does against the Prem players, and indeed hope he does have a good game.

Interested in reading the debate between City3rovers2 and Willsbridge. I have to say not being patriotic in this country seems to be a habit which is a little depressing; how many actually know St George's day is 23rd April? Compare that to the rampant patriotism displayed to a frightening degree in the States, and we come a very poor and distant second best.

If an American displays his national flag he's regarded as a patriot. If a Brit displays his national flag then the first thought is: "National Front supporter." I myself blame the media for this insidious (sp?) sneering at our nation.

Willsbridge is right in identifying Blair as the UK leader; Red Goblin has frequently denoted Blair as Scottish, so he's a non-English leader leading the British nation into an unwarranted and disgraceful war which has left Iraq in a shambles and on its knees on the brink of civil war.

City3rovers2 has a point regarding uni. Trouble is, you can't hate the whole country for the actions of selfish egotistical politicians elected by a minority in this totally unfair voting system we have in this country.

City3rovers2 has a point regarding uni. Trouble is, you can't hate the whole country for the actions of selfish egotistical politicians elected by a minority in this totally unfair voting system we have in this country.

That is ######. How is the system unfair ? The majority of people that voted, voted for labour, so therefore they are in power, please explain how that is unfair? Compared to the Pr system, which is a farce, it allows candidates with less votes to get into power and also gives more power to extreeme views.

Just because the majority of the nation are appathetic morons who, choose not to vote and then have the audacity to complain when they don't get the government that they want. IMO that's their own ###### fault for not bothering to vote.

Archived