IGNORED

Season Tickets

brady bunch

Just seen the new prices and read the reports that it may still go up by another 10% if we get into Div 1.

whilst I am lucky to have a well paid job, we all have to bear in mind the money spent this year on new players, we have even bought back the only one we sold (thank goodness).

I object a little to paying more to put it in overpaid big headed players pockets, but we do not have many of those at the club, the ones who are well paid in the main deserve it 100% (I am thinking of the likes of murray, Tinman and Tommy).

So I think it is time to back our club and board and put our money where are mouths are.. buy, buy , buy those season tickets guys and girls!

I'd love a 3 year deal but can't afford that kind of money without a good 3 months notice or so. Don't want to miss out on the starter deal though so I'm going to get my single year ticket sorted tonight and get payment in the post tomorrow. Same seat in the Williams Stand for me again, £325. That was the money I was saving for my new laptop, ah well!

• Admin

Just written out the cheque for me and my Mrs, same seats in the Atyeo again.

Only problem we are just about to move into our first home, now have to tell her that that nice fitted kitchen she wanted may not be coming as quickly as she thought :D

Within 5 minutes of receiving e-mail; I sent e-mail to my bud to say we better get ours on Saturday; no other weekends free for a while.

I read it as they will go up at least 10% no matter what so for me, it has nothing to do with backing the club etc.; just good financial sense if you are a season ticket holder and wish to remain one!

Got home to catch the wife reading and thought; "here we go, how muuucccchhh?"

Her exact words were "better to get it out the way soon isn't it?".

Sweet!! :D

But i was wondering how you know if the seat you allocate is free?
Didn't quite understand what you were asking.

Don't know if this answers, but, all seats held by season ticket holders are logged on the computers so you can go down anytime and see what is available and purchase that seat.

All done electronically so you have choice of any free seat. If you are sure you want one you can either get in now and get the best of what is left or wait until after deadline day for season ticket holders to renew to see if any quality seats have not been renewed.

Unlikely that really good seats will become free so best get in soon I would have thought? :D

I'm hoping to get one nextcseason in the Dolman or a allocated singing area (if the EE is closed) Williams block g. But i was wondering how you know if the seat you allocate is free?

All seats belonging to existing season ticket holders are reserved for the next six weeks then, if not renewed, they go on general sale.

If you aren't are current ST holder, I would ring the ticket office and ask them exactly which seats are available.

Shame I already ordered my home shirt for next season, I would of got 10% off in a few weeks!
Are we sure we are going to get discounts this year? Any mention of anything? :dunno:

The kids tickets have gone up by 25% to £50. Still good value per match I know but a steep price hike, soon adds up when you got several kids. My daughter given the choice of the money or season ticket is tempted by the money at the moment. :D

Are the kids going to get a free scarf like last year, that might tempt her, she likes 'free'. Not that she wants 2 identical scarfs! :D

This morning, when i saw the prices. I thought to myself, well there not to bad.

However, the more i think about it, the more angry i get.

I am City through and through. I always have been. I was always be City through and through.

However, i can not get over how the club are once again trying to rip off the fans.

I posted on the steve L forum about a month ago, asking for a date that i needed to have the money for. The answer i got was "we dont know yet". Well, i spent over £180 watching City

play at Luton last weekend, when you consider the £100 i spent on new tyres that could have waited a few months ( motorway journey, so didnt want to risk it) AA cover £80( again could have waited but wanted to go to Luton). I would have not spent this money if i knew that i would have to find £325 just two weeks later

I like most people live "week to week". I cannot come up with £325 with two weeks notice. A months notice yes but not two weeks.

It seems like the club are once again trying to force the fans into buying something before they have had time to think about it.

Now apart from the above. I can not honestly say if i think we will get promoted. I cant. But the club are charging an extra £30 on a season ticket for what possibly will be in the same division. There is no way on GOD's green earth that i will pay an extra £30 to watch what i have had to watch for the most of this season.

It is like the club are trying to force people into paying the money early because they to are worried that come august we are in the wrong division.

Two years ago the discount date ended at the start of june. Last season was after the play-offs. This season it is before the last game of the season. Now call me weird but that seems like the club are trying to screw the fans once again.

Now, i appreciate that Steve L has spent money this season. I do. However i will not pay more because Danny wilson CANNOT spend money on players that improve Bristol City FC. Miller, wiltshire and Goodfellow have cost between them around £500,000. Not one of them is a current starting player. So if the club are short of money then i suggest that Steve L looks at the manager and not the fans.

For the last three seasons the club have moved the discount date forward. this season to a date when we will not possibly have any idea of what league will be in next season. We will be paying possibly £30 pound more ( even if we buy before the discount date) to watch division two football next season.

Well , i for one say screw the discount. I will wait and see what division we are in next season before i pay my money. I will also say that i will wait and see who our manager is next season ( if we dont go up) before i pay my money. As i will not pay for a season ticket , if it is to watch Danny Wilson have a fifth attempt to get us out of this GOD awfull division.

However, i can not get over how the club are once again trying to rip off the fans.

Disagree with you there, the club are offering fans an opportunity to get their season ticket now at a pretty reasonable rate whatever division we are in - how is that ripping them off?

I like most people live "week to week". I cannot come up with £325 with two weeks notice. A months notice yes but not two weeks.

Well I see your point, but most of us would have guessed that there would be some sort of deal coming up about now!

There is no way on GOD's green earth that i will pay an extra £30 to watch what i have had to watch for the most of this season.

OK, but again many of us who are "city through and through" will pay the the extra whatever division and however we pay!

However i will not pay more because Danny wilson CANNOT spend money on players that improve Bristol City FC. Miller, wiltshire and Goodfellow have cost between them around £500,000. Not one of them is a current starting player.

Not even sure where to start with this comment, but all of the 3 players mentioned have played in crucial games and scored for us when it matters, I'd have said that was money well spent - oh and they are all youngsters with loads more to offer.

i will not pay for a season ticket , if it is to watch Danny Wilson have a fifth attempt to get us out of this GOD awfull division.

your choice! I'll be getting mine later on today :D

1) However, i can not get over how the club are once again trying to rip off the fans.

Disagree with you there, the club are offering fans an opportunity to get their season ticket now at a pretty reasonable rate whatever division we are in - how is that ripping them off?

Because it gets earlier every year, thats why. The dicount used to run until the end of may/start of June.

2) I like most people live "week to week". I cannot come up with £325 with two weeks notice. A months notice yes but not two weeks.

Well I see your point, but most of us would have guessed that there would be some sort of deal coming up about now!

Well i did but because there was no annoncement about one and because i thought we would get a months notice i spent the money, so that i couold go to Luton.

3) There is no way on GOD's green earth that i will pay an extra £30 to watch what i have had to watch for the most of this season.

OK, but again many of us who are "city through and through" will pay the the extra whatever division and however we pay!

I am City through and through but there does come a time when you say enough is enough. Now i know that you our D Wilson biggest fan but some of us have had enough with him. I will not pay an extra £30 to watch City in division 2.

4) However i will not pay more because Danny wilson CANNOT spend money on players that improve Bristol City FC. Miller, wiltshire and Goodfellow have cost between them around £500,000. Not one of them is a current starting player.

Not even sure where to start with this comment, but all of the 3 players mentioned have played in crucial games and scored for us when it matters, I'd have said that was money well spent - oh and they are all youngsters with loads more to offer.

Yes they do have a lot to other but City needed players that could do it now, not in two years. Two off these players were brought in to play right wing. Neither of them are playing there now. Wilson has since gone out and brought two more right wingers to the club. So you have to say that it was badly spent money.

Now i know that you our D Wilson biggest fan but some of us have had enough with him. I will not pay an extra £30 to watch City in division 2.

Not sure about his "biggest fan", but yes I do believe he is a good manager. :P

However that has absolutely nothing to do with why I would continue to buy a season ticket and will continue to watch city play whatever division they are in.

I have supported city for nearly 20 years (ever since I came to Bristol) and will always support them. I buy a season ticket because I go to all home games and they represent good value for money! :D

I bought my first season ticket in 1970 and have not missed a season since BUT

I am not happy about the club trying to milk extra from the fans by bringing the renewal date forward AGAIN

I am not convinced that the board are fully behind the club (I'll get my helmet) in that the money spent is pitiful - how much has been GIVEN to the club rather than loaned at preferential rates by a very good chairman who's company owns 6% of Man Utd, a bloke that promised much but has GIVEN little and a Spurs supporter.

I said similar this time last season but my wife convinced me I would be an even more miserable s#d if I didn't renew but as she said today, I have not said ONCE this season on returning home that City played well. The players are overpaid under-achievers in my book.

I am out of the country for the final home match so tomorrow may be my last match after 50 years of support and will almost certainly be the last seen by my father after over 80 years of support - a sad day indeed for our family - and my friend has already said he may not bother next season after best part of 30 years of season ticket buying.

Archived