IGNORED

Peacock's form

Robbored

Listening to the Radio yesterday and chatting to some mates who were at the game it seems that Peacock is struggling to find his form.Apparently he was virtually a passenger for much of the yesterdays game and looked half-fit,tired and ineffective.

We all know that Wilson rates Peacock very highly but is it time to give him a rest and a chance to get fully fit?

There are alternative striking options; Miller and Lita,Matthews and Roberts or a combination of those four.Millers best games came when Peacock was injured earlier in the season and Lita is champing at the bit to get a start.

Maybe its time for Wilson to rest Peacock and show him that he's not an automatic choice and put some pressure on him to win his place back.Maybe then we'd see the best of him.

I Noticed who he played with yesterday: Roberts, for the 1000th time Roberts and Peacock dont work together, FACT. Only one of Peacocks goals came when he was playing with Roberts upfront. Also it doesnt help that his Ankle is constantly heavily bandaged as he is still carrying a bad ankle from the begininng of the season.

The question is this, and I mentioned it a while ago:

Would dropping Peacock being a good move, he seems not to find a good partner to play with at the club..

Would a Miller/Lita or Miller/Roberts combo deliver more goals (recall last years best run of games - Roberts and Beadle.. i.e big man/pacey man)

Far from it to critise Peacock as without his goals we'd be a lot further down the league - but he simply cannot gel with anyone upfront it seems. Time to rest that ankle like Sean says..

Looking at the facts, Miller/Ppeacock combo is the best, but they look as if they work brilliantly together, if you get me. There are many combos that havent been tried and maybe a 3 game spell(if Wilson would risk it and Peacock be up for the rest) trying something new, as at the moment, if Peacock is out for a long period were buggered.

:Cheeky22:

I also remember reading on the old forum that someone suggested that last season he would have declared himself unfit with these injuries. This season he is playing for a new contract so he is playing through the pain barrier for us (or most probably himself). If he is absent again for a good chunk of this season his chances of winning that cushy contract are slipping away? :sport18:

This season he is playing for a new contract so he is playing through the pain barrier for us (or most probably himself). If he is absent again for a good chunk of this season  his chances of winning that cushy contract are slipping away? :sport18:

Its a double edged sword - if he plays when not 100% fit then his form will suffer which will effect the amount of goals he scores and could be a factor in whether he gets new contract...

If he's "rested" for a few games,he has the chance to get fit and come back raring to go and hopefully start scoring again.

Tough decision... :Confused13:

I also remember reading on the old forum that someone suggested that last season he would have declared himself unfit with these injuries. This season he is playing for a new contract so he is playing through the pain barrier for us (or most probably himself). If he is absent again for a good chunk of this season  his chances of winning that cushy contract are slipping away? :sport18:

That statement is a touch harsh.

Your basicly saying LeeP would of gladly not played when he was injured rather than helping us to win. Maybe so, but i feel that if he carrys on with the form hes on at the moment he should be rewarded with a 2 year contract, other wise we would of lost another key member of our squad for the 3rd season running.

At the moment, when LeeP aint playing i can fail to see where our goals are going to come from, at QPR and Oldham, one was a set piece and one was a well worked counter attack but apart from that we hardly set the world alight or bombarded the opposing defence with many chances. If it wasnt for Lita in each of those games it would of looked rather dull.

You are right in one respect. Matthews has almost thrown any chance of a new contract out of the window unless he improves drasticly from now till the end of the season, but on LeeP current form we need to keep him and play him with Miller/New Signing as the Robert/LeeP combo doesnt work, its like trying to play a CD player without batterys. The Music is there but it aint going to turn on till theres a change.

I wouldn't rest him as he is scoring reasonably regularly.

However, I would decide who was going to be my 1st choice pairing up-front, get them working to gether at training and most importantly remind Peacock that he is a player.

The Manager picks his partner and he must work at developing his own game to play to the chosen partner's strength (and vice versa of course), or go and play elsewhere :Costumed19:

Its a double edged sword - if he plays when not 100% fit then his form will suffer which will effect the amount of goals he scores and could be a factor in whether he gets new contract...

If he's "rested" for a few games,he has the chance to get fit and come back raring to go and hopefully start scoring again.

Tough decision... :Confused13:

At the moment, we have a strong squad, yet we only have one match winner, which is Lee Peacock, it is a vital desicsion(woeful spelling) in weather we progress with our season or not, by not playing him for a few games. Roberts/Miller or whoever would play, will not score goals. Yeh Roberts scored 18 last year, but in a VERY good team that created many more, but if he was a good finisher he would of scored many more.

Miller doesnt look like scoring very many yet as he is still adapting to this level, but he works very well with LeeP and will possibly score a few in the latter stages, but not right now.

Roberts and Miller would be like a double negative, they just wouldnt work together

Where was Miller yesterday (suspended,injured?) he seems to get on with L.P. surely they are our best strikers.

He was sat in the "Grandstand" with the rest of us and a lady who I presume was his mum!

Well Done Lee, mixing with the common folk!!

The question is - should Peacock be playing at all if he's not 100% fit? Should any player?If your not fit you can`t play at 100%.You also risk making the injury worse.

I reckon he should be given the chance to get fit which would mean missing a few games.But I don`t think City would miss him all that much if Wilson would give another striking pair a chance.Name any combination from four.Its not as if City are short of strikers.

Miller plays better without Peacock and so does Roberts - why not those two? or Matthews and Lita? I don`t have a strong view either way but face it - City aren`t scoring very many with Peacock + one other as first choice.

Guest Red_Rat

surely its a Miller/Peacock frontline,why danny keeps persisting with roberts/peacock is beyond me,they deliver very few goals as a pairing and can't seem to read each others game as well as miller & peacock.Roberts has the attributes to be a fantastic right winger he just needs 2 get his head down and start working at it.

Archived