IGNORED

Anyone Doing Anything For St Georges Day?

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Aye Robin Hood of popular myth is just that; a myth. Most likely he's based on one Robin Hode who was a robber and thief during the reign of Edward II in the 1320s.

I doubt the EU would like us popularising any more than already the names above; Drake is famous for defeating the Spanish, Wellington gave the French a good seeing to many a good occasion and Nelson gave the Danes and French a walloping. Our lovely EU friends would love that!!!

I expect in years to come these British heroes slagged off by our EU masters and our PC leaders encouraged to forget them. Who knows, with history always written by the winners, in a few generations time the Eu offiial history - under German or French influence - will erase British victories at Agincourt, Crecy, Malplaquet, Waterloo and the two world wars.

Time will tell.

ha ha - fraud!!

- surely a dragon is a myth??!

bless old robin eh!

Dont think the ones above are "old" enough to be our saint... but hey - i still like the story of robin and thats really what saints are - legends!

what surprise is on google?? the logo thing on the image? chuffin crazy innit!

London - for ducks sake - wheres the parade/flags etc?? all i see is millwall flags! :@

I had two St George flags flying from my van(along with my City scarfs and mini-kit in the windscreen).

What I found shocking was during my deliveries going along the A37,through Yeovil,Henstridge,Sturminster Newton,Swanage,Wool,Weymouth,Dorchester,Bridport and Lyme Regis I counted a lousy 18 St George flags !

Pathetic.This bloody country celebrates St Patricks day more !

I was listening to Mike Dickin on TalkSport who had a phone in on why we dont celebrate it.He had a few calls from people especially Cab drivers who flew a flag and were stopped by Police and told to take them down as it cound be "insensitive" !!!

BolloX !!

Even more annoying is the fact if you signed a legal document say a Drivers Licence application or a Job application stating you were English it could be returned as "English" is not a recognised nationality !!!!!

This is all thanks to the "leftie,yoghurt-knitting sandal wearers" of the "politically correct" brigade !! :@

Archived