IGNORED

Team Vs. B'mam

red23

I think we may see Marv's first start of the season tonight...theres been no mention of him being unavailable anywhere (OS,SSN etc) and having played 75 mins last Tues he cant be far off 90 mins now.

My feeling is he was rested on Sat as tonights game its going to be far more important to break up play...which is what Marv's best at.

I'm going for

Basso

Orr

Carey

Fontaine

McAllister

Williams

Johnson

Elliot

McIndoe

Adebola

Maynard

Weale, Webster, Sproule, Brooker, Akinde

Can't wait!!

Even though it'd be harsh on Skuse, I'd like to see Elliott play. Skuse has been quite good but he hasn't been great whereas we know Elliott can be brilliant. If Basso gets back in the team because he didn't do anything wrong.. I don't see why Elliott doesn't come back in as well?

I don't think this is the game to start Elliott. We need consistency and to start tinkering would be foolish.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Skuse start tonight then possibly be replaced by Elliott in the second half (depending on the score)

Elliott more likely to start on Saturday against Doncaster.

I don't think this is the game to start Elliott. We need consistency and to start tinkering would be foolish.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Skuse start tonight then possibly be replaced by Elliott in the second half (depending on the score)

Agreed, saves me having to type it , thx

Putting our best outfield player in the side is not tinkering IMO! harsh on cole skuse, but this is a game where we need Marvin Elliott.

Putting our best outfield player in the side is not tinkering IMO! harsh on cole skuse, but this is a game where we need Marvin Elliott.

Elliott is a good player and when fully fit would be one of my first names on the team sheet but the reality is the bloke is seriously short on match fitness, I appreciate it's a catch 22 situation as you have to play games to get match fitness- I just feel tonight isn't he match to do it.

Cole has done nothing wrong so deserves to start tonight and like I said Elliott will feature tonight anyway but as a sub and probably start on Saturday.

Team I would like to see is:-

Basso

Orr

Carey

Fontaine

McAllister

Williams

Johnson

Elliot

McIndoe

Brooker

Maynard

Weale, Webster, Sproule, Maynard, Akinde

Team I'm going to see is:-

Basso

Orr

Carey

Fontaine

McAllister

Williams

Johnson

Skuse

McIndoe

Adebola

Maynard

Weale, Webster, Sproule, Brooker, Elliott

I completely forgot Skuse when writing the post...i'd put him in for Akinde but would still bring Elliot back in if possible as i feel his defensive style compared to Skuses will be whats needed to break play up tonight...harsh maybe but you have to play the team that will win the game IMO

Johnson never puts 2 strikers on the bench so I think it'll either be Elliott or Skuse that's on the bench but in all fairness why should Skuse get dropped? Okay, Elliott is the best CM we have but Skuse has been very good in that role and showed that on saturday. Has Elliott had enough match practice? 75minutes in the reserves is hardly enough to face a very good Birmingham side is it?

Although, Johnson said Elliott played most of last season not 100% fit so who knows what decision he'll make? Who knows what goes through that man's head!?

I want Elliot to start nothing against Skuse but him and LJ just can't create enough, SKuse is a very compitent defensive midfielder don't get me wrong. I think if Elliot is fit enough to start GJ will start him but I don't think he is as much as I want him to . we all know Williams will be on the right and Elliot on the bench but I think we need to start out all guns blazing sproule on the right( yes I know inconsistent williams is good player but won't offer much on the right) and Elliot in central defence.

No I'm not judging GJ's decisions I just think could be worth a calculated risk to do this IMO.

Johnson never puts 2 strikers on the bench so I think it'll either be Elliott or Skuse that's on the bench but in all fairness why should Skuse get dropped? Okay, Elliott is the best CM we have but Skuse has been very good in that role and showed that on saturday. Has Elliott had enough match practice? 75minutes in the reserves is hardly enough to face a very good Birmingham side is it?

Although, Johnson said Elliott played most of last season not 100% fit so who knows what decision he'll make? Who knows what goes through that man's head!?

Once again i`ll refer to Fontaine being dropped last season to make way for McCombe. Your right, Skuse has done nothing wrong, but Elliot gives us more.

PDG

Archived