IGNORED

Trundle

Elton red

It was a quality, instinctive goal - you can't teach that. Trunds looked like the sort of player we all want him to be last night and should be rewarded with a start. To be fair to Maynard he is a good poacher but didn't get the service until later on when sproule came on and looked very good (never said that before) when we seemed to have a hat full of chances, Skuse's being the easiest surely. I thought Birmingham looked strong at the back so maynard wasn't the best pick IMO as he spent most of his time on the floor. As for Jerome and McFadden up front - different gravy

Just a thought but we seem to have a few problems on the right wing this season, How about we give LT a go there. OK he hasn't got blistering pace and is predominately left footed but he certainly knows how to cross and hold up the ball. I can't believe we have players like Maynard, Noble and Trundle and we are not utilizing there strengths.

Just a thought but we seem to have a few problems on the right wing this season, How about we give LT a go there. OK he hasn't got blistering pace and is predominately left footed but he certainly knows how to cross and hold up the ball. I can't believe we have players like Maynard, Noble and Trundle and we are not utilizing there strengths.

Not a bad idea. At the moment we are virtually all graft and no craft. Trundle has the skill to create something out of nothing. Last night IIRC he was the only player who actually played a pass down the "channel" for Maynard and although it didn't come off it made a change from lumping it towards Dele.

As for the goal, well in my view it was worth going to the game just for that individual piece of brilliance. :city:

A question to all of you who want Trundle to start: Why?!?!?! Did you see him other than vs Palace, S****horpe and maybe Preston last year? Or do you just like watching Soccer AM the best bits?

The guy is undoubtedley talented, I cheer with everyone when he comes on and is in the squad for exactly what he did last night, he is a wildcard impact player, who rises to the big occasions.

Trundle doesn't seem able to motivate himself enough to stay in the side when we aren't playing big sides on a big occassion.

My 90 year old gran has more movement than Lee, and would probably work harder. I am sick of seeing 10 other players put in and Lee large it up front doing not a lot because he is capeable of the sublime.

Besides, last season when he had a run he was too predictable around the box, every defender knows he is going to shuffle it onto his left foot when he can. I think he flourishes when defenders have more to worry about than just him as he gets more time on the ball and more space to do what he does best.

Remeber his performance against S****horpe? They are in Leauge one now.

Face it folks, Lee doing what we all think he is capeable of week in week out is nothing more than a romantic dream.... we all love a player like Lee - he aint the first man who 'could have been anything didn't want it enough', we will all remeber him this way in 5 years time. Sad but true.

Bench again on Sat.

You pick the best team regardless of birth certificates or price tags. I like Maynard but is he in the best 11 at the moment? Probably not. and with Brooker breaking down for the second time this season there's only a guy who's never played league football or Lee Trundle to sensibly choose from.

A question to all of you who want Trundle to start: Why?!?!?! Did you see him other than vs Palace, S****horpe and maybe Preston last year? Or do you just like watching Soccer AM the best bits?

The guy is undoubtedley talented, I cheer with everyone when he comes on and is in the squad for exactly what he did last night, he is a wildcard impact player, who rises to the big occasions.

Trundle doesn't seem able to motivate himself enough to stay in the side when we aren't playing big sides on a big occassion.

My 90 year old gran has more movement than Lee, and would probably work harder. I am sick of seeing 10 other players put in and Lee large it up front doing not a lot because he is capeable of the sublime.

Besides, last season when he had a run he was too predictable around the box, every defender knows he is going to shuffle it onto his left foot when he can. I think he flourishes when defenders have more to worry about than just him as he gets more time on the ball and more space to do what he does best.

Face it folks, Lee doing what we all think he is capeable of week in week out is nothing more than a romantic dream.... we all love a player like Lee - he aint the first man who 'could have been anything didn't want it enough', we will all remeber him this way in 5 years time. Sad but true.

Bench again on Sat.

Very harsh, Lee came on and he was chasing down lost causes and was all over the place. So to say he has no movement is laughable. I'm sure Lee would like to forget last season but he finished it well and has picked up on that again this season. When he came on last night it felt more like last season where anything was possible.

Not a bad idea. At the moment we are virtually all graft and no craft. Trundle has the skill to create something out of nothing. Last night IIRC he was the only player who actually played a pass down the "channel" for Maynard and although it didn't come off it made a change from lumping it towards Dele.

As for the goal, well in my view it was worth going to the game just for that individual piece of brilliance. :city:

Yep. Spot on. The days of the 'big' target man are over. Sure, there may be teams and occasions when it may be a useful tactic,no disrespect to Dele who has worked his socks off for the club but our main game needs to be one of speed and guile. We are at a crucial point now and I think its time for a punt at something new. With Marv back to fitness how about

BASSO/ WEALE

ORR

FONTS

CAREY

MAC

ELLIOT

McCINDOE

LJ

BROOKER

TRUNDS

MAYNARD

So to say he has no movement is laughable.

Come on mate, first appearance of the season, off the bench - big crowd - full house - we all know he can put it in for twenty minutes we've seen that before and we'll see it again.

He didn't do it last season when he got a run in the team. If he's scoring goals every 2nd or 3rd games I don't care but he wasn't, and he wasn't working hard enough either which was why he was dropped. This is why he has been 4th choice this season so far.

Bench again on Sat.

We paid a million pounds for arguably the most gifted player in the division. When we bought him Lee had no pace and wasn't the most mobile but we were more than happy to buy him. Since then he has done everything asked of him in terms of shedding his weight and becoming fitter than hes ever been. The last four games of the season he was the best player on the park and was a major influence on the team.

Lets face it , There is a problem at the club concerning the messiah which is Gary Johnson. The only reason Trunds had a run of more than 4 games in the starting eleven was because Lee Johnson was injured. He obviously has a problem with Tundle, why i don't know.

You cant slag Trundle off with out giving him a fair crack of the whip, give him what the player deserves and that is a run of 5 games to prove his worth , he was only on the pitch for 6 Min's last night when he scored a goal that maybe only a handful of players in the country could score.

We need a more creative player to unlock the quality's Nicky Maynard has in terms of playing through balls to utilise his pace, not giving him the ball to feet with his back to goal. Someone who can link the forward line with the midfield and push the wingers out WIDE. There is a man we have in our squad who is more than capable than doing all this and his name is Lee Trundle.

So please Gary put your petty differences aside for the good of the club and play Trunds , and if that means sacrificing your son then so be it.

Would've been better if the 'keeper wasn't 10 yards to the side of the Goal...

Fair play, Trundle was composed and put it away well but still... "OH MY GOD WHAT A GOAL!!!!" is a liiiiittle bit of an overstatement.

Overstatement!!!??? What game were you watching? We were two nil down and Trundle puts one in from standing near the half way line. It doesn't matter that Maynard had pulled the keeper out of position leading up to Trundle getting the ball. To have the composure to loft the ball into the back of the net from that distance, whilst 18,000 fans are getting despondent and there is pressure to get back in the game is nothing short of top darts fella.

There is way too much bashing of our team on this forum. Give credit where credit is due. Trundle was probably the only player in our team on the pitch at the time that had the skill and the class to put that one away. Where I sit in Block F in the Atyeo, it was a joy to watch.

I was really pleased with our second half, Sproule looked like a completely different player than the player he was against QPR. Birmingham really struggled against him. Johnson also rightly deserved his MOM award, he was pure class in the 2nd half. His awareness, positioning and passing was a joy to watch.

I would love Trundle to start on Saturday partnering Maynard up front. The problem with having Dele on the pitch is that our players tend to resort to hoofball. Lets get the ball back on the beize and play to our strengths. There were a lot of positives to take out of last night, let's concentrate on them.

On another note, I attended the Portsmouth vs Boro match at Fratton Park on Saturday as a VIP guest of Ladbrokes. It was a class day out. Some pictures etc can be viewed on my site here: http://www.politicsandcurrentaffairs.co.uk...ey-play-up.html

So your suggesting that Trundle replace Johnson? In my eyes that would be a bad move and teams would walk through our midfield even with Elliott back in the side. The only way Trundle would work in our team would be if we completely reshuffle our formation and we shouldn't have to do that for one player.

I think sticking with a 4-4-2 is the right option but we need to tell McIndoe to hug the touchline and give Sproule a start against Donny as, although lacking end product last night, he caused Brum more problems than Trundle.

Playing Trundle upfront in a 4-4-2 is pointless if we carry on playing how we have been and we may as well stick with Maynard. Its time for GJ to change the way we play, lumping it up to Adebola isn't good enough. Getting it out wide will increase the chance of decent balls coming in to the box and will create space in the middle of the pitch.

Team for Saturday:

Basso/Weale - Depending on Basso being fit.

Orr

Fontaine

Carey

McAllister

Sproule

Johnson

Elliott

McIndoe

Maynard

Adebola

Subs: GK, Webster, Williams, Trundle, Akinde (think he will add something extra with his strength and pace)

So your suggesting that Trundle replace Johnson? In my eyes that would be a bad move and teams would walk through our midfield even with Elliott back in the side. The only way Trundle would work in our team would be if we completely reshuffle our formation and we shouldn't have to do that for one player.

I think sticking with a 4-4-2 is the right option but we need to tell McIndoe to hug the touchline and give Sproule a start against Donny as, although lacking end product last night, he caused Brum more problems than Trundle.

Playing Trundle upfront in a 4-4-2 is pointless if we carry on playing how we have been and we may as well stick with Maynard. Its time for GJ to change the way we play, lumping it up to Adebola isn't good enough. Getting it out wide will increase the chance of decent balls coming in to the box and will create space in the middle of the pitch.

Team for Saturday:

Orr

Fontaine

Carey

McAllister

Sproule

Johnson

Elliott

McIndoe

Maynard

Adebola

Subs: GK, Webster, Williams, Trundle, Akinde (think he will add something extra with his strength and pace)

Not necessarily, but its a thought as L.J is prone to playing the ball to flat and sideways, he lacks creativity in my opinion , but you are right in terms of his defensive quality's. What I'd like to see is Trundle in the "hole" so we can have the defensive barrier but also have options going forward.

Team for Saturday.

Orr

Fontaine

Carey

McAllister

Sproule

Johnson / Elliott (if fit)

McIndoe

Trundle (in the hole behind the front two)

Maynard

Adebola

Great to hear Trunds hit a 40 yarder for you last night! Is he likely to feature in your reserve fixture against The Swans tonight at Port Talbot? I heard yesterday that Lee was going to be playing, but after he came on as a sub for you last night, i'm doubting that he'll play. Any news on your reserve squad for the game? Thanks in advance.

It indeed was a great finish by LT, he hit first time and got it on target, you can't ask for more that. Will it be enough for him to gain a starting place......I don't think so.

Personally I though his two goals v Scunny last season were better. LT could have an opportunity now, with Brooker injured yet again, to push for a starting place. If GJ does decide to give him yet another chance to hold down a first team place, he is going to have to start putting in some big performances. Akinde is in the wings to threaten dele,nicky and lee and I am interested to see if big John has what it takes to fire us into a play off spot this season.

Sadly, the lack of goals could again be the difference again between hitting the play offs, or finishing mid table in the CCC this season.

The Wolves, Readings etc are scoring for fun, and with Preston and Birmingham putting big points on the board, I can't see the league being as close as it was last season. We need a big win on Saturday to keep up with the early pace setters

Lee hit a similar goal for Swansea against Yeovil a few seasons back, Yeovils keeper cleared the ball upfield, Trunds chested it, and hit it straight back, over the keeper, and into the net....... Yeovils manager that night?......Gary Johnson!

And the keeper was Chris Weale. We know he can do that.

Can he consistantly score goals in the championship and play for 90 minutes is something the majority are still wondering.

And the keeper was Chris Weale. We know he can do that.

Can he consistantly score goals in the championship and play for 90 minutes is something the majority are still wondering.

The VOCAL majority on here maybe, but please don't tar us all with the same brush!

No disrespect to Dele.....hes has done much better than I expected when we signed him...........but I would have Trundle in the side ahead of Dele any day of the week!

Yes, Trundle took a long time to adapt to the Championship, which was probably down to fitness but I think also reputation and defenders being instructed to double mark him. However, I think the point has already been reached where Trundle has shown that he HAS adapted and can deal with the step up.

It would be tough on Dele who has done all that's been asked of him, but I would personally put Trunds in alongside Maynard as I'm sure we would see the best from both.

Great to hear Trunds hit a 40 yarder for you last night! Is he likely to feature in your reserve fixture against The Swans tonight at Port Talbot? I heard yesterday that Lee was going to be playing, but after he came on as a sub for you last night, i'm doubting that he'll play. Any news on your reserve squad for the game? Thanks in advance.

Trundle is in the squad Swanseajack tonight. I bet he plays a blinder against you, shop window opportunity for him afterall... <joke>

Archived