IGNORED

Ref= Bottler

Will Rollason

2nd half he gives a free kick as Dele was being impeded going for ,another!!!, long ball. fair enough. BUT he then realised that the foul was in the area and instead of a penalty gave us a free kick on the edge. BOTTLER. got no help from his no-nothing linesman either.

Had a perfect view from the Ateyo. If its a foul its a pen.

Anyway, wasnt our night tonight. huff and puff, gave it a go, not to be.

How many times did the ref feel the need to talk to their number 5? 3 times and no card....he was weak and felt the need to just talk to Brum players for reason. Carey makes one bad tackle, even not that bad, depends who you are and what angle you seen it....gets booked....jeez...

MM

their 1st looked offside too.

bloke behind me called Trunds a donkey when he came on...... takes all sorts don't it?

I think you mean the second! Anyway, it would be interesting to hear what someone with a better view - from the Dolman - thought, it's always hard to tell from the Atyeo but I was convinced it was off side.

tbh i was in line ish and i was appealing from the point the kick was taken all the way through its flight, from where i was he didnt get onside at anypoint during the set piece

adebola got done from behind aswell, i thought that was stonewall because I'm sure it says in the rule book tackles from behind are a foul and a red, full stop. maybe I'm wrong

tbh i was in line ish and i was appealing from the point the kick was taken all the way through its flight, from where i was he didnt get onside at anypoint during the set piece

adebola got done from behind aswell, i thought that was stonewall because I'm sure it says in the rule book tackles from behind are a foul and a red, full stop. maybe I'm wrong

I think the ref did alright I was in the dolman Block B so had pretty good view of the loffside stuff the first wasn't second possible but then again it's hard to know. ALthough one thing that got on me one reason Birmingham kept us back cause they kept holding back Dele and there number 7 was lucky really.On a better day I think we may have got a pen however wouldof been a weak pen the sproule one.

What I hate is if there is a foul in the penalty area they don't give a pen where as if the same challenge would have happened outside teh area it would have been a foul and a free kick. No consistency what so ever.

I'm in block B of the Dolman and in line with the edge of the area...no doubt Dele was inside the box when he was pulled back...the linesman must have seen it but he was sh1te.

Ivan's was also a pen...he'd turned his man and shifted the ball back...he was then caught by a trailing leg.

IMO this was one of the worst refereeing displays i have EVER seen...even some of the free kicks we got i couldnt believe...like the one for handball when it clearly hit their player on the boot...he was a disgrace and cost us a shot at a point or even three

adebola was outside the box when foul was commited I feel.

didn't really notice the ref tonight, which generally means they had a ok game

This was not even in question he was at least 5 yards inside the box in all directions. A pen no doubt ref realised that and decided he didnt want to know.

I was confused when he blew up i thought may have been against Dele but once he has given the foul he must give the penalty.

I had a very clear veiw of this the nudge on Dele was in the box. The ref gave the foul then suddenly realised it was inside the box and to save face gave right on the edge. The brum player was no where near him when he was outside the box.

Penalty. The Referee was shocking and so was the linesman.

2nd half he gives a free kick as Dele was being impeded going for ,another!!!, long ball. fair enough. BUT he then realised that the foul was in the area and instead of a penalty gave us a free kick on the edge. BOTTLER. got no help from his no-nothing linesman either.

View from Dolman B - Dele was inside the box. By about 3 or 4 yards I reckon!

Yep, the ref bottled it. It was quite laughable. I was dumbfounded that he gave it on the edge??

With Sproule's, I thought he may have just lost his footing as he tried to turn inside, so no pen for me on that one.

Not sure whether it was a free kick for their first goal either?

Lino was sheeite too. He was standing there watching their keeper wind up the Atyeo. Surely it's a booking for inciting the crowd isn't it? But old lino just stood and watched, and ignored!

No way on earth could I tell if it was in or out of the box from the EE but just out of interest what was Dele's reaction?

Just saw that the ref was K Friend, Why do I recognise that name? Is he one of them refs that is always crap against City?

No way on earth could I tell if it was in or out of the box from the EE but just out of interest what was Dele's reaction?

Just saw that the ref was K Friend, Why do I recognise that name? Is he one of them refs that is always crap against City?

course he is bad against us, he is after all a referee. and we all know the standard of refereeing in this country is so bad its embarrasing... our best was poll :noexpression: now it is webb :noexpression:

makes you feel confident in the FA that our Game is in such strong hands :noexpression:

In my head I'm thinking Chesterfield.. but the name certainly rings a bell.

View from Dolman B - Dele was inside the box. By about 3 or 4 yards I reckon!

Yep, the ref bottled it. It was quite laughable. I was dumbfounded that he gave it on the edge??

With Sproule's, I thought he may have just lost his footing as he tried to turn inside, so no pen for me on that one.

Not sure whether it was a free kick for their first goal either?

Lino was sheeite too. He was standing there watching their keeper wind up the Atyeo. Surely it's a booking for inciting the crowd isn't it? But old lino just stood and watched, and ignored!

Dolman Block B as well.

I agree with all that harry has said. Completely accurate analogy.

Gutted to say the least. Although we were pretty crap in the first half.

• Admin
In my head I'm thinking Chesterfield.. but the name certainly rings a bell.

6/11/04

City 4 MK Dons 1

Lita 2

Brooker

Wilkshire

Small

Booked: Coles

3/11/07

Wolves 1 City 1

Boothroyd

Fontaine

Booked: Byfield, Carey, Fontaine, Sproule

Not much history, he's from Leicester and seems to Ref in the midlands and oop North a fair bit, although he has seen the gas beaten on a few occasions.

From my vantage point in Dolman block A, the Adebola incident looked to be a penalty, he certainly didn't give Adebola any protection from their defenders, a yellow early on would have stopped the persistent fouling.

The infamous Chesterfield (lost 2-0) Ref is Ian Williamson (Butler and Brown sent off 69th minute), although we also got beaten at Chesterfield 2-1 the season before and M Warren sent off Tinman.

I thought the Dele penalty was three yards inside the box! And I think the referee agreed.

As he awarded the "freekick" he pointed exaggerately at the edge of the box as if to say "Phew that was close but it was right here".

He had a strange game with inconsistent decisions all round. However, I thought he slightly favoured us!

The man who let us down was the linesman by the Dolman. He bottled everything. During the Taylor incident I thought he should have reported Taylor for incitement. For me, it was just good banter and what football should be about but the FA seems to view these events as major life threatening issues that must be stamped on. The linesman should have asked the ref to talk to Taylor to tell him to calm down.

I think you mean the second! Anyway, it would be interesting to hear what someone with a better view - from the Dolman - thought, it's always hard to tell from the Atyeo but I was convinced it was off side.

I was dead in line ( lower Dolman) thought he was level, very tight though, the lino down our side was poor all evening, I don't like to be critical of Refs because there job is hard but he defo bottled the Adabola pen claim, the lino could and SHOULD of helped him on that one.

Same here.

Was sitting William block A and it was a pen from what I saw.

Dele was brought down about five yards into the area (from the left hand side and front edge) from my reckoning, yet the ref pulls it back to the very edge; funny that.

Want to see it again to be totally sure but looked pretty stonewall from where I was looking at it.

Disapointed about the amount of persistant fouling that went unpunished too. Thought Birmingham might have been a bit more classy than that. How they only got three yellows I'll never know.

I didn't see myself (was watching the ball) but many around me said the Brimingham lad was offside for their second too.

Very displeased with the standard of the officials last night. Even the Birmingham fans have a right to moan as he missed one or two fouls and hand balls we got away with as well!

Rob Friend; he's no friend of mine.

I was dead in line ( lower Dolman) thought he was level, very tight though, the lino down our side was poor all evening, I don't like to be critical of Refs because there job is hard but he defo bottled the Adabola pen claim, the lino could and SHOULD of helped him on that one.

That's interesting! I saw him make his run and just thought - Ha, he's mistimed it and he's miles offside. But then I'm in the Atyeo with a 'Bristol City' perspective. But the Adebola pen. was clearly in the box and by a considerable way. Still, if Skuse had taken his chance we would have got the point we possibly deserved.

I think Sproules was a def pen too. He turned the bloke who stuck his leg out and tripped him. Lino was 10 yards away but was poo all night so couldn't rely on him I guess

na trust me mate that one wasnt i was in the ateyo like 10 yards away sproule generally slipped then but still appealed like hell :laugh:

I think the ref did alright I was in the dolman Block B so had pretty good view of the loffside stuff the first wasn't second possible but then again it's hard to know. ALthough one thing that got on me one reason Birmingham kept us back cause they kept holding back Dele and there number 7 was lucky really.On a better day I think we may have got a pen however wouldof been a weak pen the sproule one.

Taylor, their no 5 was in an offside position throughout the prelude to the kick being taken; he was still in an offside position when it was taken and then attacked the ball. he didn't touch it but had a huge influence on the ball ending up in the net. Definitely OFFSIDE.

The ref was awful. Even when he gave us the odd free kick, it was for dubious ones. He failed to book taylor for persistent infringement and then booked one of their players for disputing one of his awful decisions. We need those wooden seats back.

I know we get very little from the so called elite referees, but I for one would of at least expected one of those to be in charge of a game involving two teams in the league positions we both were. Mr Friend had a very poor game and got no help from the linesman in front the Dolman. As was said the first goal came from a free kick that never was. As for comments that some feel he was generous to us, he only gave us anything when it was cut and dried incidents,

Archived