We're Several Games In

cityfan

......Basso/Weale............

Orr............Carey..........Fontaine.......McCallister

Sproule.........Wilson.........Elliott.......Mcindoe

........Brooker.............Trundle

Reasoning

Back 4 is pretty much nailed on and is robust. Both goalkeepers are sound

In the middle we are not robust enough so a combination of Wilson and Elliott would be very solid. Both are physically strong, both get up and down the field, both score goals and both can move the ball around. Defensively, this would be much stronger than any other combination for breaking up attacks as well and both are a reasonable physical presence.

If we play the ball to Sproule more than down the left he will set the game alight as he did last night. Unfortunately last night we played to him for about 15 minutes then forgot he existed. If he is having a poor game he can always be substituted and Wilson placed out right. We have no other option for Mcindoe so he has to play, even if it's poorly at the moment.

Up front Trundle has to play. Look at him again last night. Flair, footballing brain, quality. If we stay with Dele we play one way - Balls in the air and not football on the ground. Dele can't go past a player as he has no pace and in this division that is a problem. So my preference would be Brooker alongside Trundle as it adds support, robustness and Brooker can definitely hold the ball up. Alternatively, I think Trundle and Maynard would play in much closer proximity than Dele and Maynard and therefore link up better. Trundle's footballing brain would play Maynard in alot more often and both strikers would benefit. Perhaps then we'd get our money's worth?!

SUBS: Take your pick

..Basso/Weale............

Orr..Carey..........Fontaine.......McCallister

Sproule.........Wilson.........Elliott.Mcindoe

........Brooker.............Trundle

Reasoning

Back 4 is pretty much nailed on and is robust. Both goalkeepers are sound

In the middle we are not robust enough so a combination of Wilson and Elliott would be very solid. Both are physically strong, both get up and down the field, both score goals and both can move the ball around. Defensively, this would be much stronger than any other combination for breaking up attacks as well and both are a reasonable physical presence.

If we play the ball to Sproule more than down the left he will set the game alight as he did last night. Unfortunately last night we played to him for about 15 minutes then forgot he existed. If he is having a poor game he can always be substituted and Wilson placed out right. We have no other option for Mcindoe so he has to play, even if it's poorly at the moment.

Up front Trundle has to play. Look at him again last night. Flair, footballing brain, quality. If we stay with Dele we play one way - Balls in the air and not football on the ground. Dele can't go past a player as he has no pace and in this division that is a problem. So my preference would be Brooker alongside Trundle as it adds support, robustness and Brooker can definitely hold the ball up. Alternatively, I think Trundle and Maynard would play in much closer proximity than Dele and Maynard and therefore link up better. Trundle's footballing brain would play Maynard in alot more often and both strikers would benefit. Perhaps then we'd get our money's worth?!

SUBS: Take your pick

I'm not sure about our best 11 yet...but for Donny i'd like to see

Basso

Orr............Carey.....Fontaine...........McAllister

........Sproule.............Elliot............Johnson

....Trundle

.......Adebola.........Maynard

We don't seem to be playing with wingers at the moment so i don't see why we need 2 in the team...especially given the form of McIndoe. From this formation Sproule would offer width and Trundle often moves out onto the wing anyway.

With Trundle 'in the hole' he'd offer better service for Maynard, aswell as leaving him around the edge of the area where he seems to score more from.

Also with this formation we'd have McIndoe/Williams/Wilson on the bench so there's pleanty of options if we need to revert to 4-4-2.

Any thoughts?

Archived