IGNORED

Team Against Doncaster

westy

........Weale..........

Orr.........Carey......Fontaine......McAllister

Sproule.....Elliott.....Johnson....McIndoe

.Trundle......Adebola.

Subs: Basso, Webster, Williams, Maynard, Noble

(shame wilson won't be fit because I think Orr could do with a game on bench aswell)

Williams would be dropped for Skuse on the bench personally, Williams just isn't doing it at the moment

Nobody is ''doing it'' it for us at the moment. I can see why Johnson brought Williams in. He has good composure and rarely gives the ball away. He is like a more mobile Noble. As with Carle last season, i don't think he is being played in his preferred position. Williams on the bench instead of Noble for me.

Nobody is ''doing it'' it for us at the moment. I can see why Johnson brought Williams in. He has good composure and rarely gives the ball away. He is like a more mobile Noble. As with Carle last season, i don't think he is being played in his preferred position. Williams on the bench instead of Noble for me.

when posting I did think possibly Williams over Noble however Williams isn't look 100% fit at the moment, so would maybe leave him out.

Agree though about the positioning which is the same problem Carle had last seen, I think both players would have been better playing more in Central midfield, it worked with Carle last season and he produced his best form, if we are too see the best of Williams I think he will need to play in the middle.

Weale

Orr

Fonts

Carey

Mac

Mcindoe

Elliott

Lj

Trunds

Brooker/ Akinde ( if Brooker injured )

Maynard

A bit different to the usual I know, worth A go though?

As i put in another thread...thats the formation i'd like to see with different personnel

........Basso......

..Orr.....Carey.....Fontaine.....McAllister..

.....Sproule.....Elliot.....Johnson........

.....Trundle.........

........Adebola.........Maynard............

We seem to be playing with very little width at the moment so theres no need for a spead of 4 across midfield...Sproule will add some width aswell as Trundle who often moves out onto the wing to get the ball at his feet. With Trundle in the team...its likely Maynard will get better service and hopefully get a goal or too. McIndoe must be dropped IMO...he's lost his first touch and dropping him would just let him know he's not an automatic pick. Also with this formation...we'd have McIndoe/Williams/Wilson on the bench to add more width through the game if required.

No disrespect to Doncaster...but if were thinking of trying something else...them at home is probably the game to try it considering our next few

.............BASSO.............

ORR...........CAREY.............WEBSTER...FONTS

.........JOHNSON..ELLIOT.MCINDOE

..........TRUNDLE.........BROOKER..........MAYNARD

WEALE

MCALLISTER

ADEBOLA

SPROULE

SKUSE

Not starting with Adebola just because he worked really hard last night and a rest would keep him fresh

Weale

Orr, Carey, Fontaine, McAllister

Sproule, Elliott (please god!), Johnson, McIndoe

Adebola, Maynard

Subs: Basso, Trundle, Williams, Webster, Skuse

Agreed. Although be tempted to put Akinde on the bench in place of Skuse/Williams. Before yesterdays game we were unbeaten, lets not change too much after one defeat.

I thought Skuse was pretty good against Birmingham so I don't think I'd drop him. Sproule may come in though and Trundle could well start with Dele. Weale is almost nailed on to start though as Basso's been struggling with his leg all season so far.

i really respect that everyone is entitled to their opinion but in my opinion SKuse was awful yesterday, espeically in the first half, he gave the ball away for their goal and was just shrugged off the ball. I don't know if the Skuse debate is based on where u sit at AG maybe, i sit high up and just see the guy get knocked off the ball, give the ball away needlessly. A lot of people really rate him and your not the first to say he did well yesterday, people either think he was good yesterday or absolutly awful. In my opinion(and its only my opinion) we wouldnt have lost that game yesterday if a fit Elliot was playing instead of Skuse

I think its a shame that the team that we stumbled upon at the end of last season has been broken up. With Carle, Trundle and Noble in the side we saw a lot more passing and fewer high balls (like in the first half last night)

Obviously Carle would have to be replaced by Johnson or Williams, but worth trying Noble and Trundle in the team again ?

On the other hand, its not been a bad start to the season and we've only lost one game so far - and that was to probably the best side in the division.

As i put in another thread...thats the formation i'd like to see with different personnel

........Basso......

.....Trundle.........

We seem to be playing with very little width at the moment so theres no need for a spead of 4 across midfield...Sproule will add some width aswell as Trundle who often moves out onto the wing to get the ball at his feet. With Trundle in the team...its likely Maynard will get better service and hopefully get a goal or too. McIndoe must be dropped IMO...he's lost his first touch and dropping him would just let him know he's not an automatic pick. Also with this formation...we'd have McIndoe/Williams/Wilson on the bench to add more width through the game if required.

No disrespect to Doncaster...but if were thinking of trying something else...them at home is probably the game to try it considering our next few

why on earth would u play sproule ahead of mcindoe ? - sproule is a headless chicken, ok he played a bit better last night than usual but he still missed a one on one and CANT CROSS !!! Would much rather see mccindoe on the right even though hes left footed, but i think johnson could bring in elliott and trundle for maynard and skuse, cant see him changing formation though - the right side is a problem though

BASSO

ORR

CAREY FONTAINE

MCCALISTER

MARVIN/SKUSE

NOBLE

WILLIAMS

MCCINDOE

DELE MAYNARD

(last chance and stay left^^)

WEALE

LJ (if protecting a lead perhaps for maynard leaving dele on own and noble in hole)

SPROULE( for mccindoe if he is as gash as he has been)

TRUNDLE(on for dele at some point)

WEBSTER

........Weale..........

Orr.........Carey......Fontaine......McAllister

Sproule.....Elliott.....Johnson....McIndoe

.Trundle......Adebola.

Subs: Basso, Webster, Williams, Maynard, Noble

Agree with most of that. Just not the Wilson in for Orr and would have Skuse on the bench instead of Noble, or in the starting 11 if Elliott isn't ready then him on the bench instead.

Weale

Orr, Carey, Fontaine, McAllister

Sproule, Elliott, Johnson, McIndoe

Trundle, Maynard

Subs: Basso, Adebola, Williams, Webster, Skuse

I would like to see Trundle and Maynard given a go up front as feel they would compliment each other plus this would help us play to our skills and keep the ball on the floor, Adebola always seems knackered after 60 min and would rather use him as an impact sub and would allow us to mix it up a bit.

• Admin

We haven't heard this officially (maybe as Johnson tries not to advertise injuries) but someone said last week that Noble had gone in for an operation. If true that would change a lot of the above sides.

For Donny I'd go with the formation we finished last night's game but with the players to suit it.

We look at our best when playing with wide-men so stick with the 4 across the middle and Trundle (as expected) looked decent behind a front two. To do that you need to go with a back 3 (as we did after Trundle's introduction) and at home against a side we should dominate, I don't see the issue with that.

Weale

Orr Carey Fontaine

Sproule Elliot Johnson McIndoe*

Trundle

Adebola Maynard

* under strict instructions to stay wide where he has produced his best performances

The inclusion of 2 wide players also gets the best out of Johnson as when he receives the ball he actually has options to pass to rather than the current ball straight back to Liam who in turn lumps it long in the direction of Adebola or (stupefyingly) Maynard.

I suggest the following across the midfield

Sproule Williams Johnson Scuse Elliott Noble Trundle McIndoe

Obviously it's not viable in terms of also needing strikers and a defence, but with that midfield it would make bloody sure that McIndoe and Sproule stayed out wide enough!

........Basso......

.....Trundle.........

yes with out a dout mckindoe need to be put on the bench but i would have skuse/williams instead of sproule

I'm not sure if Trundle should start but if does start I would rather him in a 4-3-3 formation with Adebola and Maynard because last night most of the game we were playing high balls to Adebola and I would much rather Trundle up front than Mcindoe. As then every time we attack maybe they will mark Maynard a little less because we have 3 up front and then each time we attack Adebola will have two options to choose from.

I think this is what GJ was trying to do in the first half albeit with Mcindoe and it just seemed the team hadn't had long enough with the new formation. However I don't think we wil go back to 4-4-2 until Elliot starts.

My team would be

..weale.....

orr.............carey..........fonts.............Jimmy mac

.....skuce.........elliott.............

ivan................McIndoe

.........Trundle......adebola..........

By playing skuce and elliott in the middle it should make

us more solid I would then tell the two wide men

to say way out there,bomb forward and get some crosses into the box

knowing they have the two in the centre covering them

My team would be

..weale.....

orr.............carey..........fonts.............Jimmy mac

.....skuce.........elliott.............

ivan...McIndoe

.........Trundle......adebola..........

By playing skuce and elliott in the middle it should make

us more solid I would then tell the two wide men

to say way out there,bomb forward and get some crosses into the box

knowing they have the two in the centre covering them

not meaning any offence but isn't that basically 424? or 624? Sorry I've obvisouly misunderstood but if u have two covering the defence but not attacking it pratically being defenders?

not meaning any offence but isn't that basically 424? or 624? Sorry I've obvisouly misunderstood but if u have two covering the defence but not attacking it pratically being defenders?

Sorry its just how the post came out!!!!

It would be a 4-4-2

Just saying with skuce and elliott holding

the middle together it would give the two wide men

more freedom to push forward

Sorry its just how the post came out!!!!

It would be a 4-4-2

Just saying with skuce and elliott holding

the middle together it would give the two wide men

more freedom to push forward

Weale

Orr Carey Fontaine Mccalister

Noble Elliott Johnson McIndoe

Trundle Adebola

Basso (if fit)/Henderson, Webster, Maynard, Skuse, Brooker (if fit).Sproule

I suggest the following across the midfield

Sproule Williams Johnson Scuse Elliott Noble Trundle McIndoe

Obviously it's not viable in terms of also needing strikers and a defence, but with that midfield it would make bloody sure that McIndoe and Sproule stayed out wide enough!

:rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br:

++ :baa::baa::baa::baa::baa::baa: - well done who ever found this one!!

Archived