IGNORED

Player Entrance Music

Guest Eamer

Anyone else think that the first half entrance music just doesn't work AT ALL?

Second half is fine but the first. It's just so depressing, hardly gets anyone, fans or players worked up and ready for the first 45 minutes.

Would love pendulam to return! But i really like the dragons den music(dunno what its called) when they walk out! Its kind of intimidating! which is what we all want the gate to be!!

Isn't it the Apprentice theme tune? I quite like the thinking behind it... play up or You're Fired! I think Gary would give Sir Alan a run any day!

Whats with the obsession with Pendulum? Keep in mind that the age of people going to the games ranges from 2 years old to over 90, so the music has to cater for all ages.... For example my dad who is in his 50's and has a season ticket thinks that "heavy drum n bass bang bang stuff" (his exact words!) sounds bloody awful! But he thinks all the older stuff like Queen etc is great! And I expect some of the younger fans hate the old stuff but want all the new stuff (Pendulum included).

As for the Apprentice theme being played for the players entrance, I really like it - I think it sounds great. But music for the players coming out always seems to be a bit of a debate - but whatever is played it seems hard to satisfy everyone!

Perhaps rather than slate the music that IS being played, how about we get some requests for what ISNT being played?????

I think the whole players arriving on the pitch thing and the lack of excitement isn't down to the music, it's the blinking awful Champions League style handshakes. It make the entrance too formal, slows the whole things down when the excitement should be buzzing, takes the sting out and silences the fans. if it has to be done keep it for Cup matches only. By the way I realise it isn't our club decision to do this or not.

Isn't it the Apprentice theme tune? I quite like the thinking behind it... play up or You're Fired! I think Gary would give Sir Alan a run any day!

It's called 'Montagues and Capulets' also known as Dance of the Knights.

It's composed by Sergei Prokofiev and is from the ballet Romeo and Juliet............also used as the theme tune for 'The Apprentice' amongst many other adverts and programmes!

I personally don't like it and would rather here the fans cheer and clap than hear that over a PA system!

I wasn't to sure what you were all talking about when refering to Pendulum. for anyone else who isn't sure what there on about take a look at the link!

It is - Dance of the Knights by Prokofiev. I do quite like the music but I half expect to see Ruth Badger walking down the tunnel.

I do wonder if it might be more appropriate for Rovers though....

Siralun: That was a bloody shambles. You were completely outclassed by a team who only just avoided relegation last year. What have you got to say yourselves? Paul you were project manager what went wrong?

Trollope: I really thought we could win this task but once I again I was let down by other team members

Siralun: But this isn't the first time. Last week you lost at home to Walsall who are hardly worldbeaters either.

Trollope: Let me be straight with you Siralun I know I have what it takes to be your apprentice but I'm lumbered with a bunch of City rejects and players I found on the Downs but even then we would still have won this task if it wasn't for Flapper...

Flapper: Siralun it's ridiculous of Paul to blame me for this when he's the project manager. I know I have what it takes to be your apprentice. I would have been playing for England by now if City hadn't dumped me for that god-bothering Basso but how can I reach my massive potential if Paul keeps telling me I'm rubbish.

Siralun: Coles what about you have you got anything to say for yourself

Coles [burps loudly]

SirAlun: I see.... Not one of you are fit to work in my organisation. Pipe, Lines, I've never even heard of you. I should fire the bloody lot of you and I think I will. YOU'RE FIRED, YOU'RE FIRED, YOU'RE ALL FIRED. Now get out of my sight!

Well thank you both of you, who says you can't learn something on here, I've never known the proper name for it!

As for pendulum slam, I really like it (had part of it as my text tone for a while) and the video is quite funny too.

Well thank you both of you, who says you can't learn something on here, I've never known the proper name for it!

As for pendulum slam, I really like it (had part of it as my text tone for a while) and the video is quite funny too.

Ok, so Pendulum - Slam is on the request list. I'm sure you will hear it on Saturday! :yes:

Anything else?????

Ok, so Pendulum - Slam is on the request list. I'm sure you will hear it on Saturday! :yes:

Anything else?????

Well as you are asking I quite liked the Chemical brothers 'Galvanise' to get the players focused, time to push the button and all that (it's my ring tone too).

Any chance to get the unused players dancing in the centre circle at HT, ie recreate the Pendulum video only with better bodies! I nominate Brian Wilson for a dance. I'll never forget his topless (non) goal celebration!!! :wub::D

I think the whole players arriving on the pitch thing and the lack of excitement isn't down to the music, it's the blinking awful Champions League style handshakes. It make the entrance too formal, slows the whole things down when the excitement should be buzzing, takes the sting out and silences the fans. if it has to be done keep it for Cup matches only. By the way I realise it isn't our club decision to do this or not.

That's another thing that me and my Dad have discussed, both of us don't like it.

I know it's all about respect etc. etc. and all that but it's just a bit annoying and boring. Would prefer the regular players coming out, "come on you reds", team huddle, and we're off.

Good Morning,

As a DJ myself, I always play Dario G "Carnival" at the end of the night, this gets everybody up dancing, singing, bantering ect.....

I feel this would be good for our entrance, turn up the volume a little and it will get everyone on feet and even the players would like to hear.

It's 110% crowd pleaser.

Regards,

Dan

Archived