IGNORED

Johnsons Blunt Comments In The Press

Robbored

In the local press today Johnson is very blunt in his appraisel of last nights performance. Not enough movement in the box was one complaint and he points out that City did not create one decent chance all game. Not enough quality into the box either.On Trundles goal he says that City shouldn't have to be scoring from 45 yards....fair comment you might say.He metions the Brum movement as an example of how it should be done

Not any mention of how well Brum defended. I thought they were superb and although you can say that City didn't threaten that much most of that was down to the way Brum closed City down and made life difficult. They deserve some credit imo.

I was impressed with them. Quality all over the pitch. Better players overall than City. I asked in another thread - how many of City's current squad would get into the Birmingham team? Not many imo. One maybe?

Agreed i think we were beaten by a side who will be champions last night,every time they went forward they had four players all looking like they would score,this demonstrates that as hard as our players work there is no substitute for quality,when a player like Kevin Phillips dosent even get used you know you're up against it.

Still we hung in there and on another day might have gotten a point,still think we use a bit more width though especially against the harder teams

In the local press today Johnson is very blunt in his appraisel of last nights performance. Not enough movement in the box was one complaint and he points out that City did not create one decent chance all game. Not enough quality into the box either.On Trundles goal he says that City shouldn't have to be scoring from 45 yards....fair comment you might say.He metions the Brum movement as an example of how it should be done

Not any mention of how well Brum defended. I thought they were superb and although you can say that City didn't threaten that much most of that was down to the way Brum closed City down and made life difficult. They deserve some credit imo.

I was impressed with them. Quality all over the pitch. Better players overall than City. I asked in another thread - how many of City's current squad would get into the Birmingham team? Not many imo. One maybe?

couple of us said the same thing before and during the game, quite simply they just had a FAR better team than us in most departments on paper and more importnatly they proved it during the game.

as for chances someone else in another thread said we had 11 chances on target, however discussed during the game, how many of them actually made Taylor work to save them? the Sproule chance but apart from that he had a fairly straightforward evening.

Archived