IGNORED

Noble

Bristol_Badger

Dunno,

but he played for the ressies yesterday.(Was that his first appearance for the res?)

Think he's started and even completed each game...

He's just not in the 16. Williams is the cover central attacking midfielder while Sproule/Wilson have been covering the right side.

Seems bizarre that he was a key player in the playoffs..gets a new deal..then doesn't get played at the start of the season again. And this time there wasn't even a fat club for him!

GJ went 4-4-2 and always picks LJ because that works, unless we get forced into 4-5-1 i don't see him featuring, which is a pity if he's actually fit for once.

Off topic slightly Gavin Williams should and could push foward more, Gavin looks fully fit know and i think he could pull the strings a bit more in terms of setting up goals and sliding balls through to Maynard.

Wiliiams Imo is as good if not better than noble in the ''hole'' he has better legs than noble and a better touch, i would like to see him give a bit more in terms of imagination on saturday.

In my opinion Noble, Williams and Johnson are all the same type of player so for my money with a fully fit squad only one of them can play in any game and the position would be a central midfield position and not putting Williams or Noble out wide which doesn't work

Midfield should look like this

1st Choice midfield Sproule.....Wilson...Elliott.........McIndoe

2nd Choice Midfield Wilson.......Elliott...Johnson/Noble/Williams....Mcindoe/Sproule

Who cares if sometimes Sproule plays left win. Wingers frequently switch to get the better of their defenders.

I thought Williams looked pretty good on Tuesday so I think there is an argument for switching/alternating him with Johnson every now and then. Noble is the same type of player, but is either lacking form and/or fitness. Noble in my opinion does give the ball away cheaply and that has to be balanced against his creative contribution.

What I don't see is a central midfield of 2 combining Johnson, Williams or Noble. No strength and too lightweight as a combination

For me, Cole Skuse would not figure in the 16

Archived