IGNORED

Doncaster Rovers

westred1

Doncaster have won 2 of there 6 games in the league, beating Derby County (away) and Coventry City (Home). There games haven't been easy and have lost 2 games back to back against a very good Birmingham City team and a very good Charlton Athletic team. They picked up a point versus Cardiff City at home.

They like to play a 4-4-2 formation.

Most likely line up:

Sullivan, O'Connor, Hird, Mills, Roberts, Coppinger, Stock, Wellens, Hayter, Byfield, Guy

KEY MEN: James Coppinger and Lewis Guy. Coppinger has a very good cross and likes to run at his full back and Donny like to play the ball to him a lot. Lewis Guy is Rovers top scorer with 2.

They are currently 16th with 7 points and -2 GD.

Lewis Guy 2 goals

Recent Form - last 6 league matches

W D L W L L

What do you expect of Donny Saturday? Do you think we can beat them convincingly or do you expect a challenge?

well i expect a very open and enjoyable game, donny play the game the right way and have an outstanding central midfield or brain stock and richie wellens. there gaffer is also a bloddy good one, and one i would like to see at the gate should sir Gary get given a chance in the big time!

i think the fans are running the risk of underestimating donny, which is silly as that was how we made such a huge impact last season! i can see us getting beat if we don't respect donny, but i cant imagine GJ allowing that to happen.

we need to keep an eye on coppinger and stock as they work well together, and we all know the threat of wellens as plenty on here wanted him to sign for us in our years in league 1

anyone know if ByBy will be playing? i bloomin hope so.... bloke deserves a fantastic reception for last season! and heff? where is he ???

cant wait for the game, it has the makings of being an entertaining and attacking match

Should be a good game with both sides looking to get the ball down and play. I reckon we'll probably nick it by the odd goal but I suspect they will be a lot better than most people think. Wouldn't surprise me if its level at half time or maybe we're a goal behind, and then another rollicking from GJ results in a swift turn around, something that appears to happen very often. Doubt Byfield will play much of a part as he has been injured for a while. Really need a win to get our confidence at home up and running.

Doncaster have won 2 of there 6 games in the league, beating Derby County (away) and Coventry City (Home). There games haven't been easy and have lost 2 games back to back against a very good Birmingham City team and a very good Charlton Athletic team. They picked up a point versus Cardiff City at home.

They like to play a 4-4-2 formation.

Most likely line up:

Sullivan, O'Connor, Hird, Mills, Roberts, Coppinger, Stock, Wellens, Hayter, Byfield, Guy

KEY MEN: James Coppinger and Lewis Guy. Coppinger has a very good cross and likes to run at his full back and Donny like to play the ball to him a lot. Lewis Guy is Rovers top scorer with 2.

They are currently 16th with 7 points and -2 GD.

Lewis Guy 2 goals

Recent Form - last 6 league matches

W D L W L L

What do you expect of Donny Saturday? Do you think we can beat them convincingly or do you expect a challenge?

I predict a two nil win. Expect a whole hearted performarance with us on top in both penalty areas. It's time for a home win : )

I think Donny will have many similiarities to the City last season. A newly promoted team who may end up being a suprise package this season.

At the moment they are relatively an unknown quantity to many sides in the championship. They will play football and and have some good players who know where the back of the net is.

As Robbored said, it will be a tough game and I cannot see City being comfortable at AG.

As long as City play their game, get the ball down on the deck, play with width and at speed, than I can see City getting a narrow victory. If City fall back into their old bad habits of punting the ball long, then then we may have a few problems breaking down a well drilled Donny side.

We are better than them, if we match work rate our quality should come through, especially with the intensive box work we've been put through.

If we don't perfrom again and don't win, then we need to change things around. Elliott i'd imagine will be available and we'll win if he is.

A lot of teams thought that about us last season and got a shock. You may be underestimating Donny but thankfully Johnson won't be.

Alot of teams were wrong, but some were right. West Brom for instance. We have more "quality" we have to match the workrate and hope it comes through. Alot of teams were better than us but didn't work hard enough last year IMO. that's why we barely ever looked as if we were playign well and alot of the time were under the cosh

GJ's not going to say "they're just as good as you, hey we'll be lucky to get a point" he's going to say exactly what i have. We have to believe in ourselves and work like demons.

Archived