IGNORED

Adebola - Immense Today

Robbored

I wonder if Dele reads this forum?

He's taken some stick from various posters this week and today showed what he's capable of. He was fantastic and it was probably the best game I've seen him play for City. He ran the Doncaster back line ragged, was a constant threat and involved a just about everything decent that City produced.

He doesn't always look interested but today he was up for the game and must have covered miles closing down and making strong runs.He deserved a goal but in that respect it wasn't his day.

I wonder if some of the crap posted on here motivated him?

I have to say, I only really think he showed his quality in the second half - in the first he looked uninterested and lacking drive, much like most of the other players in the team.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not someone who's been criticising him and calling for him to be dropped. I think he does a good job, but the problem we've seen with having the up front is that it narrows our options. It's an easy route out for the likes of LF, LC, LJ, CS, etc. Instead of trying to play to feet and looking for the gaps, they'll just try to find the's head - and unfortunately, he doesn't win enough in the air.

I do like him as a player and he makes great runs, he's difficult to bring down and tactically, he draws the fouls really well. But I don't think he was our stand out player today by any means. He played well and made a good contribution in the second half - when he looked interested and ME began to draw him into the game with some intelligent passing to feet, rather than just lumping it forward for him to try and win in the air.

Should have been Man of the Match he has a great turn of pace and always in the oppositions face great play Dele

Well done ashtonyate, tell it like it was. Our victory was based on our forward battering ram that is Dele Adebola. Dele represents a forward that bashes opposition defenders around like nine pins. :worship2:

To be honest, I can't remember Dele ever having a bad game for us since we signed him from Coventry City.

Well done ashtonyate, tell it like it was. Our victory was based on our forward battering ram that is Dele Adebola. Dele represents a forward that bashes opposition defenders around like nine pins. :worship2:

To be honest, I can't remember Dele ever having a bad game for us since we signed him from Coventry City.

Playoff final?

I wonder if Dele reads this forum?

He's taken some stick from various posters this week and today showed what he's capable of. He was fantastic and it was probably the best game I've seen him play for City. He ran the Doncaster back line ragged, was a constant threat and involved a just about everything decent that City produced.

He doesn't always look interested but today he was up for the game and must have covered miles closing down and making strong runs.He deserved a goal but in that respect it wasn't his day.

I wonder if some of the crap posted on here motivated him?

Agree with all this but I think he is such a gent that he wouldn't admit to taking fans criticism too seriously.

Did you see what he did with one of our corners late on in the game. The ball came sailing over much too high. Everyone else seemed too tired to bother chasing and seemed to be waiting for it to go out. Don't know how he got there so quickly for a big man but Dele hared over and got the ball to keep the attack going.

Chris Coleman is right. Dele must be the strongest player in the league. We're lucky to have him. Feel sorry for those that cant see what he's giving us.

Dele's workrate is fantastic - a true professional who genuinely wants to 'earn his keep'.

He's big, he's strong, he's .......(oops, sounds like a song coming on).... a fantastic presence and a creator and scorer of goals. Hmm, can't see the EE making much of that lyric.

Dele really seemed to appreciate his song from Dolman A & B yesterday, (whilst we were all still there). Gave us a little clap in return (but not in a Special Clinic sort of way).

Archived