IGNORED

Ivans Best All-round Game For Us So Far?

southvillekiddy

In the first half Ivan as usual looked dangerous right from the off but again didn't show the poise needed at Championship level to finish. That said he did put in a superb cross that Maynard might have exploited better.

However different story in the second half. He was involved in all the goals except for McIndoe's second. He played a great one-two with Maynard for Nicky's goal and clearly used his brains to score his own superbly taken goal, didn't try to blast it (maybe there's a lesson for him). Felt really happy for him.

Here's hoping

In the first half Ivan as usual looked dangerous right from the off but again didn't show the poise needed at Championship level to finish. That said he did put in a superb cross that Maynard might have exploited better.

However different story in the second half. He was involved in all the goals except for McIndoe's second. He played a great one-two with Maynard for Nicky's goal and clearly used his brains to score his own superbly taken goal, didn't try to blast it (maybe there's a lesson for him). Felt really happy for him.

Here's hoping

agreed, following his cameo against Brum, It was clear to all, (especially GJ_ that Sproule had to start against Donny, it was a no brainer, be interesting if he can do it again though against a better opposition

I was genuinely delighted that IS should have such a major part to play in this game. With Elliott coming on to add some energy to the midfield, I think it allows confidence players to Sproule to relax a little, and begin to express themselves. I hope we see a lot more of him this season. Good on ya, wee man.

I too am happy for him, it would be good to see more!

I've been hoping he would take a chance and show the guv what he can do, start pushing for a regular starting-spot.

How long before we see him getting more national caps?

Do they need him? I haven't seen any Irish games.

He certainly had a significant impact and it probably was his best game for City so far.

But..... like alot of flair players turning it on one game in five isn't enough. Aaron Brown put in one or two excellant performances whilst at City but he simply didn't do it often enough. Same applies to Greg Goodridge and Christian Roberts.

No-one is expecting brilliant match winning performances every game but a decent level of consistancy is the key.Lets hope that Sproule can maintain his confidence which comes with good form.

He certainly had a significant impact and it probably was his best game for City so far.

But..... like alot of flair players turning it on one game in five isn't enough. Aaron Brown put in one or two excellant performances whilst at City but he simply didn't do it often enough. Same applies to Greg Goodridge and Christian Roberts.

No-one is expecting brilliant match winning performances every game but a decent level of consistancy is the key.Lets hope that Sproule can maintain his confidence which comes with good form.

I agree with Robbored. A decent level of consistency is a realistic expectation.

Saturdays game would have done his confidence the world of good.

If he can sharpen up his shooting on Saturday he could well be the key man for us.

Ivan had a fantastic game and it wasnt until I watched the highlights on World that I fully noticed actually how much influence he had on the overall result. Scored one, set up one and had numerous chances in the first half.

I think people are a little harsh on Ivan Sproule most of the time. Ivan Sproule is an out and out winger with real pace. He's not a tricky player but someone who will push the ball past someone and sprint onto it. His pace also makes him a real threat and terrifies defences. He also works hard in tracking back and always looks to get involved in the game. Simply, thats the sort of player he is and I'm not sure why people expect any different.

If we could get Sproule to work on his shooting he could be a huge player for us this season.

It should be noted when christian roberts played in his CORRECT position for a run of games, he got almost 1 in 2 goals...

Since Ivan came on as a sub on Tuesday night he's looked like a new man!

His introduction caused Brum a lot of problems and livened up what had been a lethargic performance for us. Then on Saturday he made a number of great runs, scored a well taken goal and produced a couple of good crosses. Given the lack of genuine width that hindered our progress at times last season, Sproule should be a definite starter next week at Wolves on this form!

Archived