IGNORED

It All Points To A Massive Game On Saturday...

CheltenhamCityFan

Looking ahead to Saturday I think that McIndoe, Maynard, Sproule, Elliot and Weale all have specifc personal motivations at this point in time, on top of the collective motivations that the team have and the 'usual' personal motivations players have week in week out.

McIndoe - I didn't go to Wolves away last year, but saw MM vs Wolves at home. Will no doubt come in for a lot of stick on Saturday again and I felt personally that the stick he got at Ashton Gate really affected him that day, to the point where he was reluctant to take corners in the first half in front of the Wolves fans. I remember LJ giving him some stick for not coming across to take them. I was suprised he didn't thive on the stick that day as he was largely ineffective, but i don't think anyone had a particulary good game.

McIndoe is absolutely buzzing at the moment, full of confidence and is possibly one of the most driven players we have. He will be desperate to shut up the home fans on Saturday so expect another barnstormer from him.

Maynard - Getting in great positions, and has had him great strikes recently that on other days would have gone in. I like Nicky's confidence, his head hasn't dropped once for us yet and I think he's due a brace soon... whether that will come on Saturday I am not sure... 1 is hard enough to get, but he is a confident lad, playing well in a team creating chances, Saturday could be his chance to take the headlines.

Sproule - knows he still has a lot to prove and will want a run of games in the side. A good all round performance Saturday will gurantee him that run. Must have confidence now and what better opportunity to shine/ prove this than vs the leauge leaders on their patch.

Elliot - Our best player in my opinion. Will be delighted to be back playing, he knows he is the best all round central midfielder in the divsion end of. Will love the challenge Saturday. Expect him to drive us forward. Marv won't let Dave Jones settle, and will cause problems for Henry too.

Weale - arguably his biggest game in a City shirt? Another who won't dissapoint and its an ideal time for him to stake his claim. If Basso is out vs Wolves of course.

I am not saying we are going to go out and there a stick it up Wolves, I just think that its a game that has come at the right time for the team, and for some players on an individual level too which could make the difference for us.

I am hoping it all points to a point a least, but over-confidence on Wolves' part could prove their undoing as they won't have it all their own way on Saturday.

I am hoping it all points to a point a least, but over-confidence on Wolves' part could prove their undoing as they won't have it all their own way on Saturday.

Mick McCarthy is too experienced to let that happen but Wolves are due for poor result. It happens to all the top teams. Who would have thought that after the way Brum tore City for 45 mins last Tuesday that they would lose at home to Blackpool the following Saturday?

Next Saturday hopefully will be a bad day at the office for Wolves. I have a gut feeling that City will nick it 1-0.

Mick McCarthy is too experienced to let that happen but Wolves are due for poor result. It happens to all the top teams. Who would have thought that after the way Brum tore City for 45 mins last Tuesday that they would lose at home to Blackpool the following Saturday?

Next Saturday hopefully will be a bad day at the office for Wolves. I have a gut feeling that City will nick it 1-0.

I can see it being like last year quite a cagy affair, if we try and play an open game i fear wolves will rip us apart.

If we can keep them and there fans quiet up untill the 70th minute anything can happen

Robbored I'm with you on this one ill go for 0-1 city :fingerscrossed:

Archived