IGNORED

Cabot Circus Thread

BristolCity4Life84

I don't doubt that it's impressive to look at, but what exactly am I missing out on?

Aside from viewing an impressive change to something tired and run down? Visit Quakers Friars, it looks amazing.

When it comes to the shopping, aside from the usual suspects you'd expect in a shopping center, there's a suprising array of shops that really are worth going to, not to mention food places like Carluccios.

If all this fails, just take the mrs in La Senza.

Aside from viewing an impressive change to something tired and run down? Visit Quakers Friars, it looks amazing.

When it comes to the shopping, aside from the usual suspects you'd expect in a shopping center, there's a suprising array of shops that really are worth going to, not to mention food places like Carluccios.

If all this fails, just take the mrs in La Senza.

In the interests of research, I am going to lunch now and will go and have a look. Report to follow........

In the interests of research, I am going to lunch now and will go and have a look. Report to follow........

Godspeed, Sir Colby.

Be sure and let us know immediately of your safe return. :fingerscrossed::pray:

If you come back with a fixed smile on cappuccino froth covered lips then all is lost. :nono:

I'm back!

Firstly, I will admit to being ever so slightly impressed with the place itself. Nice and light and airy and I liked the glass roof. Was also quite impressed with the number of restaurants, but a bit suprised at the lack of places to get take away food (unless I missed them?).

I just can't get excited at seeing shops, as I loathe them. I'll still be shopping online wherever possible.

I can't see myself rushing back.

I did ask a bloke with a Cabot Circus blazer on if he would show me the magic sanitary towel bins in the ladies, but he pretended to not understand English :disapointed2se:

I went up on Saturday. I must say i liked it. There is a lack of takeaway food like KFC or what have you, its very much a sit down with a knife and fork job if you are hungry.

If you like wearing Superdry t-shirts then you will love this place. They are everywhere. Unfortunately i'm not that into Superdry. I liked Topman, H&M, All Saints and House of Fraser. They just need to knock down the rest of Broadmead and revamp that now!!

As the Gas were home on Saturday, i did see a few people up there in Rovers shirts. I thought about telling them that TK Maxx was still in the Galleries to save them looking for it but i didn't bother.

Well, after paying a cursory visit at the weekend, I admit it's impressive and I did love the improvement to Quakers' Friars; very classy, but I doubt I'll go there that much - and even more doubt Mr Miggins will ever go down unless he needs a new pair of jeans, and certainly not for a cup of coffee!

Talking of jeans, do any of you know if Harry's Jeans is around now, after they closed down on Merchant Street for the re-development?

Don't go then, your loss.

It's an amazing place, especially for buying food - No one else in Bristol comes close to selling the same range, Clifton aside.

I have to say I really don't know what you're talking about... went down to CC/MC yesterday with my boyfriend and there wasn't one place that wasn't packed or overpriced, and two restaurants had queues 20-deep outside their doors. Apparently after spending our non-existant money we were expected to have a sit-down meal of the type generally reserved for birthdays or anniversaries. I'm a student and have to say there wasn't one shop in CC i could afford to (or wanted to) buy from apart from New Look or H&M.. I'd rather go to the original H&M, which is closer to my home, and New Look was fine where it was beforehand, thanks.

I've seen first hand the Princesshay shopping centre in Exeter and Drakes Circus (see a pattern, boys and girls?) in Plymouth, and Cabot's Circus is pretty much identical. There's nothing that makes me feel I'm in Bristol; I could be in any consumerist, overpriced place aimed at someone wealthier than me, and being in there made me feel out of my depth and pushed to the side. We couldn't afford to buy or eat anything in the place; in the end, we ended up going to Greggs and having some sausage rolls which we ate on Castle Park in the sunshine... and it was much nicer than anything in the new development.

I have to say I really don't know what you're talking about... went down to CC/MC yesterday with my boyfriend and there wasn't one place that wasn't packed or overpriced, and two restaurants had queues 20-deep outside their doors. Apparently after spending our non-existant money we were expected to have a sit-down meal of the type generally reserved for birthdays or anniversaries. I'm a student and have to say there wasn't one shop in CC i could afford to (or wanted to) buy from apart from New Look or H&M.. I'd rather go to the original H&M, which is closer to my home, and New Look was fine where it was beforehand, thanks.

I've seen first hand the Princesshay shopping centre in Exeter and Drakes Circus (see a pattern, boys and girls?) in Plymouth, and Cabot's Circus is pretty much identical. There's nothing that makes me feel I'm in Bristol; I could be in any consumerist, overpriced place aimed at someone wealthier than me, and being in there made me feel out of my depth and pushed to the side. We couldn't afford to buy or eat anything in the place; in the end, we ended up going to Greggs and having some sausage rolls which we ate on Castle Park in the sunshine... and it was much nicer than anything in the new development.

You know, that's spot on.

Went there on the opening day with a few mates and was very impressed, looks great etc, but it didnt feel like Bristol atall. There were only a couple of shops there that i went in and didnt end up getting anything, anyhow there are other branches of those shops closer to home.

Then we wanted some food... so we had a scout around and there was nothing except the top floor where we went into the sushi bar, had a bowl of rice each and had to cough up a tenner. I'll take Greggs and castle park any day.

Yes, but this is the point of the place isn't it. If Bristol is going to attract people from a 50 mile plus radius to spend their now supposedly limited amounted of disposable income then it isn't going to happen by sticking a Greggs and KFC in the place.

I popped by on Friday and whilst it was a refreshing change, I can't see me rushing back anytime soon. It was aimed at those fools who live by whatever nonsense is spouted by the fashionista. If they want to pour money into my city then more fool them and their image conscious ways (although in saying that it was quite nice to see I wont have to hike up Park Street for a decent shirt from TM Lewin anymore :thumbsup: ). Quakers Friars has seen an incredible change and was probably my favourite part of the redevelopment, not least because I saw ex Points West weatherman Tony Targett looking fine and dandy.

Yes, but this is the point of the place isn't it. If Bristol is going to attract people from a 50 mile plus radius to spend their now supposedly limited amounted of disposable income..

So much for the people who actually live in Bristol, then, eh?

Archived