IGNORED

Time To Dump Sky Tv My Thoughts

Well Sky don't have any thing to offer us teams from the Nationwide until

august 2004 and maybe not even then

As we WON'T be in the play-offs and even if we are we will all be at both home and away matches and if not you can always go down the pub and watch the game

support your local BOOZER

I wouldn't be too keen on watching a final on me own at home

All euro matches on BBC or ITV

All Citys goal action get shown on ITV West at some stage

Buying a free view box brings Sky sports news for FREE with a one off payment.

I bought one a few weeks ago it was hard work to get it down to thirty quid

Only requirement is a decent antenna

If you cancel the sky subscription they don't normally come and collect your

dish and decoder

Also you can ring up sky any time and ask for reconnection

Well that saves some of you City fans up to forty quid a month

I work that out at forty quid for at least fourth months = 160 quid

gosh thats more than half the price of a season ticket

Another thing when the LIVE rights come up for renewal from season 2005/2006

It might give the beeb and ITV a better chance of giving back local LIVE derby matches from season 2005

So you are supporting your local BOOZER and FOOTBALL club in one fell swoop

But if you ditch Sky you wont be able to see the top quality darts action featuring top City Fan Mark "Flash" Dudbridge

June 4-6 - Budweiser UK Open, Reebok Stadium, Bolton

July 1 - 4 - Las Vegas Desert Classic, MGM Grand, LV

July 25 - 31 - Stan James World Match Play, Winter Gardens, Blackpool

Top quality sport and drama and Sid Waddell!!!

Sky's sports coverage is second to none and even the staid BBC are using innovations copied from Sky.

All the sports they cover they do well.Rugby,Golf,Darts,Football,Cricket,American Football.I wouldn't be without it even though' the Nationwide League gets relatively little coverage.

Some of its due to having dedicated sports channels which ITV and BBC don't but that alone doesn't detract from their fantastic coverage.

its not on any of the preset channels but has to be programmed in, which you can do yourself. then it gets stored within "services" (see the button on the remote) and "others".

But I guess your next question is how do you programme it! I will try and dig up the instructions that I found on the web and send them to you. HTV and sky will not help you as offically you cannot do it - due to advertising i think!!

go to services

4)system set up

4)add channels

then put in the numbers in the correct place

please make sure you tick it to store channels

any problems let me know

R161-3 HTV Wales-10832 - H - 22.0 - 5/6

R61-5 West Country TV-10832 - H - 22.0 - 5/6

R11-1 Carlton London TV-10832 - H - 22.0 - 5/6

R31-2 Central TV-10832-H - 22.0 - 5/6

R41-4 HTV West (Bristol etc)-10832 - H - 22.0 - 5/6

R22-1 Anglia TV-10891 - H - 22.0 - 5/6

R92-2 North West Area-10891 - H - 22.0 - 5/6

R142-3 Border TV-10891 - H - 22.0 - 5/6

R72-4 Granada TV-10891 - H - 22.0 - 5/6

R52-5 Meridian-10891 - H - 22.0 - 5/6

R102-6 Tyne Tees-10891 - H - 22.0 - 5/6

R82-7 Yorkshire TV-10891 - H - 22.0 - 5/6

R123-1 Will be Channel TV-10906 - V - 22.0 - 5/6

R133-2 Grampian TV-10906 - V - 22.0 - 5/6

R153-3 Scottish TV-10906 - V - 22.0 - 5/6

R113-4 Ulster TV-10906 - V - 22.0 - 5/6

These were the instructions I used! Never to the dark sides are simpler!!

For HTV on Sky - Get your remote in your hand

Press <Services>

Press <4> SYSTEM SETUP

Press <4> ADD CHANNELS

Using the numeric keypad type in <1> <0> <8> <3> <2>

Press the down light green arrow button (that is pointing back towards you) then select - The yellow bar moves down one slot to polarisation.

Press the right light green arrow - The V changes to H

Press the down light green arrow button - The yellow bar moves down one slot to Symbol Rate.

Press the right light green arrow - 27.5 becomes 22.0

Press the down light green arrow button - The yellow bar moves down one slot to FEC

Press the right light green arrow button twice - goes from 2/3 to 3/4 to 5/6

Press the down light green arrow button then select - The yellow bar moves down one slot to FIND CHANNELS

You now have a list of possible channels

Press the light green arrow button that is pointing back towards you twice - The yellow bar is now over R161-3

Press the <YELLOW> button right side just above the numeric keypad

Press <select> round one in the middle) button

Display now says CHANNEL LINE UP/channel line up complete/press select to continue

Press <select> as it says

Press <back up>

Press <back up> again

Press <6> OTHER CHANNELS

Press <select> and you are watching HTV

That is the initial channel lining up completed and checked

When you want to watch HTV again press <services>

then <6> OTHER CHANNELS

Highlight R161-3then <select>

my wife and kids is now on bbc 2....

whats up withn the lil kid getting that girl pregnant... man...

God i miss Bristol sometimes, its a joy to watch points westt in london, my flatmates think I'm cuckoo..

"somebody in keynsham has a raffle sale story"

its all killings and murders here!

Personally I think Sky is overrated and overpriced. TV in general is mindless and trivial and shows far too much rubbish.

However that's my humble opinion and the huge numbers of people who watch TV must say otherwise. But I wonder how many merely watch it just to have something to do? I do know of many who have admitted to me its on most of the time but they don't recall what they've watched because they've not really taken much interest in it.

I find other things to do with my time rather than watch mindless drivel such as Big Brother, Eastenders, Corrie, Neighbours, I'm A Celeb etc etc.

(cue the storms of protests :D:dunno::D )

Ha ha ha nothing rude I assure you; attend rock gigs, go walking in the country, listen to music, read books, go on holidays, watch live football at AG.... oh lots of more fulfilling activities. Not that people would like them I expect, each to their own.

I just cannot watch that cheap-to-make TV they have on these days. And having a proliferation of TV chnnels means a proliferation of these hopeless programmes.

No Sky for me anymore, if I lived alone the TV would be gone too (well, the license anyway, would keep the telly for DVDs)

I only ever watch Soccer Sunday and the sport on local news, I've had it with TV coverage of just about everything, news, entertainment, all rubbish. I got back from the US two weeks ago and I finally turned the TV on for the first time yesterday, its amazing how easy it is to go without it, I've basically forgot its even there. I think spending time in the US really killed off any enjoyment I've got from TV, its horrific over there and with the way things are going the UK aren't far behind. I get all my news coverage online as its easier to find impartial coverage

If the other half agreed to it I'd scrap the license, sign up for BCFC World and be happy as anything, £40 a year for the only stuff I watch sure beats paying over £500 per year for general nonsense.

By the by, despite what the TV licensing authorities would like you to believe, you CAN own a working TV and not pay a license fee, as long as its de-tuned you are fine. Its often quite a battle to get them to accept it but technically if you just use it for VHS/DVD there is absolutely no legal requirement to pay a license fee.

Archived